Buy 2 days get 2 days free...TOTALLY A RIP OFF...FYI

pannm

Mouseketeer
I added buy 2 get 2 days free to my cart for 5 people. Then I added a season pass for 5 people. THE SEASON PASS IS CHEAPER!!!! PLUS, the season pass gets you all sorts of perks...including hotel/resort discounts, free parking and other perks. Please explain to me why anyone wouldn't just get the season pass? Am I missing something????? I mean, season pass INCLUDES park to park as well. Please explain why people don't just get the season pass? Is there a reason??? I feel like people just *ASSUME* it's a higher price and they don't even check.

Have you verified that the seasonal pass isn't blocked out during the stay? And just to make sure you are looking at the right thing, are you a Florida resident/looking at those AP rates? Those are much cheaper than for out of state. Additionally, there is no free parking for that pass. The only perks with seasonal passes are hotel discounts and party discounts.

Here's a link to the listed benefits and blackout dates! Sometimes it is worth it to get a seasonal pass instead 🤷‍♀️
https://www.universalorlando.com/web/en/us/tickets-packages/annual-passes/your-annual-pass

Not sure where you are looking, I see a buy 2 get 2 free park to park for $332 on UT, and seasonal 2 park AP starts at $425 before tax. Unless like what was said above you are a Florida resident.

For those of us who are not in FL, the buy 2 get 2 can be a good deal, and no blockout dates

Last edited:
Universals Seasonal Pass is an excellent deal. But as others have said, it does have blocked out dates for both parks and additional blocked dates for the Studios during Mardi Gras concert dates.

And it has increased a lot in the last few years (like everything else) it used to be under $300 and now its over $400. Unless you are a Florida resident.

I put a buy 2 get 2 day park-to-park ticket in my cart, and with taxes, it came to $289.19. I put a seasonal pass in my cart, and it’s $452.62 with taxes. Even when I went back and put in the seasonal pass as a FL resident, the cost was $346.12.

The only way I can figure you’re finding it cheaper to get an AP is if you are putting it in your cart as a flex pay without realizing it’s only the down payment, and there are additional monthly payments.

I added buy 2 get 2 days free to my cart for 5 people. Then I added a season pass for 5 people. THE SEASON PASS IS CHEAPER!!!! PLUS, the season pass gets you all sorts of perks...including hotel/resort discounts, free parking and other perks. Please explain to me why anyone wouldn't just get the season pass? Am I missing something????? I mean, season pass INCLUDES park to park as well. Please explain why people don't just get the season pass? Is there a reason??? I feel like people just *ASSUME* it's a higher price and they don't even check.
What prices did you get? And which Season Pass did you choose? As the others above stated, it doesn't add up for the SP to be cheaper unless maybe you're a FL resident (I didn't check that rate).

By the way, unless you're going during black out dates, all you need is one of the Preferred or higher seasonal passes for the discounts, and get the Seasonal for the rest of the party if you're all going to travel and dine, etc together.

I did this the other day and realized that I had put in 4 days (assuming 2 would be discounted) but they weren't, so it looked more expensive than a pass. When i started over from the offer link and put in 2 days, it gave me 4 days of tickets at the 2 day price. I'm not sure it's a great deal because ticket prices are pretty high, but it's definitely cheaper than a seasonal pass.

I will totally check this out when I go to buy tickets. Last time I bought a seasonal AP, I had to call to get the three park one that included Volcano Bay. Right now I see the 2 day APs for sale on the website.

I compare OI as well as UCT when I go to buy them and sometimes there is about a $75-80 difference between the sites when they have these sales buy 2/get 2 free sales. The difference in price would pay for lunch for the four of us, so I go with the cheaper option.

edited: The 2 park seasonal AP is showing up at $424 pp, while the discounted, 3 park, park to park, buy 2, get 2 free is less than $400 pp for me.

How long do you have to redeem these? We got a 2 park 2 day pass (free with a convention) but the convention is paying for 4 days 3 nights and we just cant stay any longer:( We will do 2 days of parks- how long do I have to redeem the other two days? (if we loose them its ok but not really)
thanks!

How long do you have to redeem these? We got a 2 park 2 day pass (free with a convention) but the convention is paying for 4 days 3 nights and we just cant stay any longer:( We will do 2 days of parks- how long do I have to redeem the other two days? (if we loose them its ok but not really)
thanks!
They are basically 4 day passes for the price of 2, so it's a use it or lose it

4 day tickets:
Ticket is valid for any four (4) calendar days during a seven (7) consecutive calendar day period which includes the first day any portion of the ticket is used.

thanks!
While it is a use them or lose them scenario, can you use any additional time? Like could you go to the parks for a couple of hours on your arrival night, your departure morning, or on a convention day after you're finished with the convention stuff? If I were paying per day, I'd never "blow" a day's admission on a couple of hours, but if I had extra days I would use or lose, I'd hop over for a quick spin on a coaster.

This is interesting, maybe it is dependent on the date you are putting in or where you are from but I'm seeing the same thing the original poster is seeing. When I put in for the 2 day plus 2 day free ticket for my family of 4 (3 over 10 and 1 child ticket) for January 14th which is the date of my next trip I get a price of 1463.27 after tax. When I put in for 4 seasonal passes I get a price of 1384.48 after taxes.

Looking at individual ticket prices the 2 day plus 2 day free comes up as 368.48 on Jan 14th and the seasonal pass comes up at 346.12. The regular 4 day ticket is 394.04 for that date. Either way this whole thing really is a scam lol, a savings of 25.56 on a 4 day ticket starting on the same date really isn't "2 days FREE" imo

Now I haven't compared prices yet from OI and UCT, these price comparisons are all directly from Universals website. I am out of state and not putting in florida resident prices just FYI

I wonder why some people are seeing passes at over 400? I wonder if this is a glitch in the matrix and maybe I should purchase the seasonal passes right now before the price updates.........

Nevermind I figured it out lol. When you click on the pass page it automatically shows you florida resident prices for the passes and you have to go to another page for the out of state prices. I see it at 425 now too.

I will say I still think the 25 bucks savings for 2 "free" days is still a scam though!

Nevermind I figured it out lol. When you click on the pass page it automatically shows you florida resident prices for the passes and you have to go to another page for the out of state prices. I see it at 425 now too.

I will say I still think the 25 bucks savings for 2 "free" days is still a scam though!
It’s not a scam; it’s about sending a message to a certain audience. The buy-2-get-2 ticket isn’t to give a price break to the person who was planning a 4-day trip. It’s about enticing the person who was planning a 2-day trip to stay longer. With the “free” days, UO hopes people will spend more nights in their hotels, order more meals in their restaurants, and buy more merchandise in their stores. It’s to make people feel like they are “wasting” their money if they leave early since “the days are free anyway.”

Premium pricing for the first few days followed by a steep drop-of is standard. Basically, one day is expensive (lots of people add on one UO day to a Disney trip), and then the second day is less per day but still pricy (two day trip for two parks), and then the price drops a lot. WDW does the same thing with the prices dropping precipitously after 4 days (because WDW has 4 parks). When WDW gives “free” days, it’s never day 2-4 because 4 days is the standard. It will be day 5 or 6 that is “free” to entice people to extend the trip (nevermind that these days were cheap to start).

The whole premise of this thread seems kind of like complaining that the seasonal passes are too cheap. But I vastly prefer that to WDW whose APs are sky-high, when they’re even available to purchase. Those cheap seasonal APs are what brought me to UO.

Last edited:
We are going to Universal for the first time in forever because the season pass price was such a great deal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter