Butterscotch....who got one for Christmas...help

blessedby3

Actually Blessedby4 now, but cant change my userna
We got dd5 one of the Butterscotch ponies from Target for $49.
Are we doing something wrong...or is our pony not working right? We can push on her back and she will neigh, but the "nuzzleing" her nose is very hard. We rub and rub and nothing happens 9 times out of 10. Does this horse do anything else?? The regular price for it was $119, usually on sale for $99. Thats a lot of money for what ours appears to do. I was thinking that this thing did so much more. Just dont know if it does and we cant figure it out...or if this is truely all it does.
Thanks

Well, my brother got DD a Butterscotch and it wasn't working right. I was so upset, kept thinking that he had paid so much money for it and it was not working. I even called Hasbro 800 number to see if they could help, but, it was late and they were closed. Just as I was ready to :furious: , I started to play with it and realized that the on/off button was in mode :blush:, so, I switched it on and Butterscocth happily came back to life :cool1:::yes:::cool1:

I hope that your DD's Butterscotch problem can be fixed as easily as my DD's Butterscotch problem ... :goodvibes

Well, my brother got DD a Butterscotch and it wasn't working right. I was so upset, kept thinking that he had paid so much money for it and it was not working. I even called Hasbro 800 number to see if they could help, but, it was late and they were closed. Just as I was ready to :furious: , I started to play with it and realized that the on/off button was in mode :blush:, so, I switched it on and Butterscocth happily came back to life :cool1:::yes:::cool1:

I hope that your DD's Butterscotch problem can be fixed as easily as my DD's Butterscotch problem ... :goodvibes

My DH says that it isnt in the demo mode. What does your Butterscotch do and do you have to keep petting her over and over to get her to do it....or is it easy? Thanks for the help. My Dsis picked it up and I didnt get a good look at it till Christmas Day. I was figuring this thing could run circles for the price...LOL

my dgd got one also from target for $49 thanks to these boards and she loves it. It didn't seem to be working right either so we set it to "on" rather than try, replaced the batteries and it still didn't work. I started to loosen the screw to check that the batteries were in correct and it started working. I left it about 1/2 turn from being tight and it is working fine. There was an instruction guide in ours that tells you each "touch" point and how she responds.

She neigh's, makes a chomping noise eating her carrot, etc. If you need more info on the touch points pm me and I will send you the whole list. Hope this helps.

my dgd got one also from target for $49 thanks to these boards and she loves it. It didn't seem to be working right either so we set it to "on" rather than try, replaced the batteries and it still didn't work. I started to loosen the screw to check that the batteries were in correct and it started working. I left it about 1/2 turn from being tight and it is working fine. There was an instruction guide in ours that tells you each "touch" point and how she responds.

She neigh's, makes a chomping noise eating her carrot, etc. If you need more info on the touch points pm me and I will send you the whole list. Hope this helps.

Thanks...I have the brochure and see where the touch points should be...but arent working. Its weird because she will neigh when you push the button on her back, but she wont respond to anything else. Going crazy here:faint::faint:
Guess I will call Hasbro tomorrow...or take her back to Target and hope they have another one.
Anyone else having problems they cant resolve with this horse?

Same thing with ours. My mom was so upset she wanted to take it back to target. My dd loves it though and once she found the touch points on the back she lived it more.

The chomping action usually doesn't work and the nose rubbing doesn't either. Maybe I can try the half turn if the screw as suggested. Hope it works.

My DH says that it isnt in the demo mode. What does your Butterscotch do and do you have to keep petting her over and over to get her to do it....or is it easy? Thanks for the help. My Dsis picked it up and I didnt get a good look at it till Christmas Day. I was figuring this thing could run circles for the price...LOL

I see you got your answer, this is what it does too. It also sort of snuggles and neighs if you hug it. I agree, it's very $$$ for what it does, but, it is extremely cute when you finally get it to work. Let us know what Hasbro tells you.

I am reading the instructions and it talks about pony going into sleep mode and you need to press and hold button sensor on back 5-10secs to wake her up. I don't know if you have tried that or not. We had this problem this morning when my dgd went to play with her.

The pony is really cute when she is working! I don't know that I would feel this way if I paid $100 but for $49 it was worth it. Hope you get it figured out.

Update:

Well, I called Hasbro and they wanted me to check and see if it was on the "on" mode (it was) and if I had replaced the batteries (I did). He told me I could send it back (ugghhhh) and they would replace it. I told him to let me check with Target and see if they had any to exchange it for. I did and of course they are out of stock and dont know when they will get any. I even checked with Walmart and they dont have any.
Guess I will wait a week and see if Target gets any in and if not...I will have to ship the thing back:faint: I really dont want to have to go through that.
Right now the only thing I can get the pony to do is when I touch its back it neighs and since changing the batteries it will also eat the carrot. I can get it to do anything else with the other touch points on the sides or its face or nose.

For the folks who have a working pony...are the touch points easy to get to work or do you have to really push on something? I just want to make sure I am doing things correctly before I send it back or trade it in.

I think my dgd's pony is pretty sensitive. she lightly rubs her cheek, etc and the pony responds, she is not pushing anything. I know it must be frustrating for it not to be working. Hopefully Target will re-stock it soon so you don't have to pay shipping fees.

My DD8 got one to replace the smores large pony I had her give away when we moved to out of the country. We had the same issues you did at first, I just kept working at it and stuffing the carrot in it's mouth until it finally started chomping on it. After that it started to work much better. I know it is not too technical but I just messed with it a while. I am sure I triggered something, but I have no idea what. It still is not as good as the full size ponies but pretty cute and takes up a whole lot less space :cool1:

My advice try and get the carrot chomping to work first and see if that triggers something else like it did for us.

Good Luck!

Well, I went to Target to return the pony...and no more in stock. I even tried 3 Walmarts and no ponies at their stores either. I am wondering why there are no more and if any of these places will get more in stock. I really dont want to have to go through shipping this huge box back. Not sure what to do, but dd would love a working pony:worried:

Santa brought my DD a broken Baby Butterscotch and I have been on the phone everyday trying to find a replacement. Today, someone at Target told me they are being discontinued. I'm wondering if it's because they're just expensive pieces of fur??? I called Hasbro and was told they have a few in stock so I can send it in for a replacement but wondering what will happen if it breaks in a couple of months. Target said they'd return it so I'm going to take it back and let DD pick out something else. Pretty disappointing since it was from Santa but I'm afraid to take a chance with another pony. :(

Santa brought my DD a broken Baby Butterscotch and I have been on the phone everyday trying to find a replacement. Today, someone at Target told me they are being discontinued. I'm wondering if it's because they're just expensive pieces of fur??? I called Hasbro and was told they have a few in stock so I can send it in for a replacement but wondering what will happen if it breaks in a couple of months. Target said they'd return it so I'm going to take it back and let DD pick out something else. Pretty disappointing since it was from Santa but I'm afraid to take a chance with another pony. :(

Sorry to hear that happend to you too. I was wondering what was up. Like I said in my previous post, I checked with Target (2) and Walmart (3) an none on the shelves at all. I need to make a decision soon! I just wish it would work as DD5 really wanted this too.

Just thought I would come back here to update....in case anyone else is having the problem I am having.
After checking the Targets, Walmarts, and Toys R Us...and finding not one single Butterscotch anywhere...I called Hasbro again today.
On my last call the guy told me I could send Butterscotch back and they would send a new one out. Well, they are not out of Butterscotch's and they are not making them anymore. Guess that is the reason I cannot find any.
They said I could pick another toy on the website up to $99 or they would refund my money. We looked on the website and we are going with the refund. I only have to send back the battery cover, so we can actually keep the horse...it just wont do a thing...which it was only neighing when you pushed her back and occasionally would eat the carrot if you pushed her mouth hard with your fingers.
So, as much as dd wanted the Butterscotch horse, she can still play with it without the noises and we will get a refund. Ugghhhhhh!

On a side note...my oldest dd22 purchased dd5 another Furreal on black Friday (I think it was Coco the dog). This wouldnt work either and DH opened the battery area and it was all coroded and leaking battery fluids. We had to take that back too (and poor DD thought the Pony would still work). Just saying this to say I am not too sure about these Furreal animals. Two for two not working for us.

Just thought I would come back here to update....in case anyone else is having the problem I am having.
After checking the Targets, Walmarts, and Toys R Us...and finding not one single Butterscotch anywhere...I called Hasbro again today.
On my last call the guy told me I could send Butterscotch back and they would send a new one out. Well, they are not out of Butterscotch's and they are not making them anymore. Guess that is the reason I cannot find any.
They said I could pick another toy on the website up to $99 or they would refund my money. We looked on the website and we are going with the refund. I only have to send back the battery cover, so we can actually keep the horse...it just wont do a thing...which it was only neighing when you pushed her back and occasionally would eat the carrot if you pushed her mouth hard with your fingers.
So, as much as dd wanted the Butterscotch horse, she can still play with it without the noises and we will get a refund. Ugghhhhhh!

On a side note...my oldest dd22 purchased dd5 another Furreal on black Friday (I think it was Coco the dog). This wouldnt work either and DH opened the battery area and it was all coroded and leaking battery fluids. We had to take that back too (and poor DD thought the Pony would still work). Just saying this to say I am not too sure about these Furreal animals. Two for two not working for us.

I would just take the refund. I'm sure the play value of even a working pony is only temporary. A trip to the store to pick out something new could be very fun for your DD. Sorry it has turned out to be such a hassle. My daughter really wanted one of those small Furreal animals and used her own money to buy it. She played with it for a couple of days, and now its in her Goodwill donation pile.

I would just take the refund. I'm sure the play value of even a working pony is only temporary. A trip to the store to pick out something new could be very fun for your DD. Sorry it has turned out to be such a hassle. My daughter really wanted one of those small Furreal animals and used her own money to buy it. She played with it for a couple of days, and now its in her Goodwill donation pile.

You are so right! My dd does have a small furreal puppy as well....that she rarely plays with either.
I think we are done with these pets...I will steer her towards some other aisle when we get the refund!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter