But Why Is The Rum Gone?-A May 2022 Disney/Universal DTR- Completed 8/5

For some reason I have still not tried Shula's. :oops: Need to rectify this situation ASAP. Everything looks so delicious. I'm in a burrata phase (at this point it might be permanent & not a phase) so that is especially appealing.

Shula‘s looks great. I would have ordered exactly what you did! Glad you had such a perfect birthday dinner 😊
It's really good! It was such a nice birthday dinner.
For some reason I have still not tried Shula's. :oops: Need to rectify this situation ASAP. Everything looks so delicious. I'm in a burrata phase (at this point it might be permanent & not a phase) so that is especially appealing.
You have to! Lol is burrata ever just a phase? :rotfl:

Dluxe Burger & Magic Kingdom Snacks

The next afternoon we decided to get lunch at Dluxe Burger. It's our favorite QS place, and we hadn't been there in a couple years.

We each got the:

Classic Bacon Cheeseburger
Two-pressed Signature-blend Patties topped with Cheddar, 1921 Sauce, Lettuce, Tomato, and Pickle

IMG_6317.jpeg

& fries!

My favorite dipping sauce at Dluxe is the Truffle Aioli. I always find the burgers to be hot, juicy, and delicious. I will say I think they're supposed to all be cooked as medium burgers, but are usually a little more well done than that but they're still good.

Later on I wanted to have Josh try the Cheeseburger Eggrolls in Magic Kingdom. They're one of my favorite snacks, and I first tried on a trip I took with Samantha a couple years ago so Josh has never had one.

IMG_6383.jpeg

Sadly, they were a little chewy this time, and not as good as I remember. :crazy2: Josh thought they were only okay.
And finally I stopped at Aloha Isle to get the:

Tropical Serenade
Pineapple-Orange-Guava Juice, Coconut Soft-serve, and an Upside-down Pineapple Cake Pop

IMG_6386.jpeg

I really liked this! It was so good. I typically don't get Dole Whips even though I love pineapple because it's just a lot to eat before it starts melting. Luckily, it was a little cooler out when I ordered this. And once I drank the POG juice out of it (which I love that POG juice was the base!), it seemed much more doable. I love coconut so the flavor of the ice cream worked really well for me, and I liked the burst of pineapple you'd get when you took a bite of the cake pop. I do wish there was a dash more pineapple flavoring, but I'd definitely get this again.

Last edited:
DLuxe is another I haven't tried and I LOVE a good 🍔. I've also never tried the eggrolls ... there is usually such a line and patience isn't really a strength of mine. Your report is giving me a lot of homework (in the best way!)

We also love Shula’s. The last few times we’ve stayed at Dolphin we ordered to-go and it was great. That bread really is delicious and their French onion soup is the best I’ve had at Disney.

DLuxe is another I haven't tried and I LOVE a good 🍔. I've also never tried the eggrolls ... there is usually such a line and patience isn't really a strength of mine. Your report is giving me a lot of homework (in the best way!)
They're really good there! If the line is long I don't really think the eggrolls are worth all that honestly. Haha I love it!
We also love Shula’s. The last few times we’ve stayed at Dolphin we ordered to-go and it was great. That bread really is delicious and their French onion soup is the best I’ve had at Disney.
Ooo yes I had the french onion soup before and it's really good!
I’ve always meant to try the cheeseburger egg rolls but never got around to it!
They're usually pretty good! But the ones we got this last trip weren't the best. Hopefully it was just an off day.

I've always wanted to try the cheeseburger spring rolls, but the cart was never there during my last 8 visits, all in December. However, we're visiting in August this time so I can finally try them.

I've always wanted to try the cheeseburger spring rolls, but the cart was never there during my last 8 visits, all in December. However, we're visiting in August this time so I can finally try them.
I hope you get to try them!
I really need to try dluxe one of these days
It’s so good! Definitely the best QS burgers.

Last edited:
Chef Art Smith's Homecomin

Since Josh can finally have gluten he really wanted to try the fried chicken at Chef Art Smith's. I wasn't able to secure a reservation before we went, but was able to get one the night before. (Although I have heard they usually have room for walk ins or you can call them if you aren't able to get a reservation). I will warn though some of the reservations were at odd times, but we were able to find one for around 11:30 am.

We started with the:

Church Lady Deviled Eggs

HFK-style whole deviled eggs

IMG_6477.jpeg

We're big deviled egg fans, and these are always good. I do think the amount of filling seems to increase every time we have them though which makes it hard to bite these. :rotfl:

I got the:

Fried Chicken Sandwich

Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours and hand-battered, dressed with hot sauce, aioli, iceberg lettuce, tomato and bread and butter pickles. Served with house-made barbecue chips drizzled with icebox dressing

IMG_6479.jpeg

I discovered this sandwich the last time I ate at Homecomin' in September, and it's my favorite thing on the menu. Most the fried chicken dishes have way too many pieces in them for me, but this sandwich is the perfect size. I think all the flavors in the sandwich work really well together, and I always sub in the super creamy and cheesy Momma's Mac and Cheese on the side.

Josh got the:

Art's Famous Fried Chicken

Buttermilk-brined for 24 hours then perfectly fried and served with creamy mashed potatoes, a cheddar drop biscuit and love

IMG_6480.jpeg

He loved this dish, and thought it was some of the best fried chicken he's ever had!

If you've read my dining reports before, it's no secret that I love Homecomin'. It's my favorite restaurant in Disney Springs, and we've always had consistently good meals there. I'm happy to say that on this trip the food quality remained, and we had another great meal there. This one is a "must do" for us almost every trip, and I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
I know that airport! I usually fly out of there too and have never understood why they have that there... 🤷‍♀️
That’s my local airport too. It’s been several years since I flew, so I don’t remember that art piece. But I definitely know that the airport has the only Chick-fil-a in the region (for now at least)

It’s so good to be reading another one of your dining reports! I’ve been off the Dis for a while now, but thank you for enticing me back! Absolutely love the report!!! Now to start on your trip report… :)

What wonderful reviews. Thank You!!:jester:
Thanks for reading!
That’s my local airport too. It’s been several years since I flew, so I don’t remember that art piece. But I definitely know that the airport has the only Chick-fil-a in the region (for now at least)
Yeah, it's a shame it doesn't have more of a menu because there isn't another one in the state as far as I know.
Love Homecomin'-and I actually love the chips but think you made the right choice as the mac and cheese is superb!
It's so good!
It’s so good to be reading another one of your dining reports! I’ve been off the Dis for a while now, but thank you for enticing me back! Absolutely love the report!!! Now to start on your trip report… :)
Hey! :wave2: I'm glad you're back!

Antojitos

Once we were back at Universal, we went out to dinner at Antojitos. Josh started with one of the tequila flights:

Mezcal Flight
A cousin of tequila, mezcal has intense and smoky flavors that are handcrafted in underground oven pits.
Ilegal Mezcal Joven
Zignum Reposado
Del Maguey Vida

H1t1bu7l.jpg

He loves trying different flights when we go to Antojitos.

We also got some queso dip, but I don't think it was the queso fundito dip on the menu I think it was just a cup of queso, which I don't see on the menu. Either way who doesn't love a cup of cheese to dip things in? :rotfl:

A6U3zGnl.jpg

For reference, this is a picture of the queso fundito dip on the menu that I found online:

antojitos-authentic-mexican-jpeg.685281.jpg

As an entree, Josh got the:

Fajitas
Served with flour tortillas, lettuce, guacamole, sour cream, cheddar cheese, tomato salsa
Pollo
Adobo chicken, grilled peppers and onions

hIXPidPl.jpg

These are always good, and he usually gets these every time. I've had them before too, and I think the chicken is the best option for a filling.

I got the:

Chilaquiles Verdes
Housemade corn tortilla chips tossed with chicken tinga and salsa verde, topped with a fried egg, jalapeños, pickled red onions, lime crema, avocado and queso fresco in a flour tortilla bowl. Served with black beans and house rice.

PYOnRyql.jpg

This was good and had a lot of flavors int it, but there were definitely more chips than anything else. While I did like it, I also missed the delicious dish I got last year that's no longer on the menu.

It was a similar idea (kind of like chicken chilaquiles), and it was amazing.

dqcUBAPl.jpg

I definitely think Antojitos is a good choice for dinner at Universal, and it's a place that Josh usually requests to go to. It's not absolute favorite, but we do try to get there at least once a year. One downside is it's usually quite loud, but it also has a good array of drinks and food. The menu does seem to change from time to time so some items may come and go, but there's quite a few staples that are always available.

Last edited:
Got to try Antojitos for the first time on our last trip and really enjoyed it! So much we want to go to their California location on our upcoming trip! And now that I am becoming a fan of Mezcal (literally everywhere I go lately has no rum mixed drinks-i love a good rum and coke but I also like my fruity concoctions lol! Anyhoo most of the fruity concoctions involve mezcal lately and I am hooked!)

Coldstone Creamery/Bice Ristorante

I had been experiencing some acid reflux since the day before, so I wasn't super hungry early in the day, and neither was Josh so for lunch I got the most nutritious thing I could find...

ice cream! :rotfl:

I believe this was Cake Batter ice cream since that's my favorite from Cold Stone, with brownie and pieces of a Crunch bar in it.

IMG_6508.jpeg

A top notch lunch. :thumbsup2

Later on we went to dinner at Bice. We started out with the delicious bread basket that comes with dipping oils and balsamic vinegar.

IMG_6556.jpeg

Josh got an appetizer:

Wagyu Beef Tartare
Diced Raw Wagyu Beef,Capers,Chives,Shallots,Cognac Zabaione Sauce

IMG_6555.jpeg

(I think the menu has the same items on it now so I'm hoping that description is correct). Josh thought this was delicious.

Although I kind of thought it looked like fancy dog food. :lmao:

classy-not-classy.gif

For dinner I got the:

Pappardelle al Telefono
Pappardelle,Mozzarella,, fresh Basil, Tomato Cream Sauce

IMG_6558.jpeg

This is what I always get, and it's always delicious. But this time mine tasted really salty. Like every bite just tasted like salt. I had Josh try it, and he didn't seem to think it was as bad as I was saying, but it was literally the only flavor I could taste in it.

Josh got the:

Tagliatelle alla Bolognese
Tagliatelle, slow braised Bolognese Ragu’,Marinara

IMG_6559.jpeg

He said this was delicious as always.

I didn't order dessert, but they thoughtfully brought out a birthday dessert for me.

IMG_6561.jpeg

As far as I can tell this doesn't seem to be a dessert that's on the menu, or at least it isn't now. But it was a cinnamon-y cake with cream and blueberries on top. It was very good, and the presentation was beautiful.

Josh ended the meal with a cappuccino.

IMG_6562.jpeg

This day was a little light with food because I wasn't feeling the best, but dinner at Bice was a nice way to close out our last full day. We love going to Bice and always have exceptional food and service. I will say this time my entree was disappointing, but that wouldn't stop me from going back in the future and ordering something different.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter