Busy in September?

Aurora_Disney

Earning My Ears
So let me start off with saying that I know that there is no time when Disneyworld is not busy, but I would love to avoid as much of the heavy crowds as possible. We are looking at the beginning of September and I'm wondering if anyone knows historically what the crowds are like? I have heard rumor that the day after Labor day is when it quiets down a bit for a short time. Is this true?

Thank for your help!

Not anymore. Food and Wine starts at the end of August and the Halloween parties start very early in September as well. You may get a day or two here or there that isn't busy, but I wouldn't count on it anymore.

Just went towards the end of this past September, and it was busy but no where near the crowds of the summer or President's week. If your able to do the Halloween party I would highly recommend it. The shows and parades are awesome and best of all, very low crowds. The waits for the attractions are far less (mine train went from 90 minutes during the day to 30 minutes during the party).

I went two years ago in mid September, it was crowded I will say that for sure. But, it was less crowded as when we go in May or holidays. It did rain a good bit (which was great because then it got less crowded), and it was humid but it was just my husband and I and we had the best time! I would do it again and the prices were awesome.

We go every year at Labor Day and every year it has gotten worse. Last year we did the first MNSSHP Party and it sucked.. too crowded. We did it 3 years earlier and it was empty.. we decided with crowds like that the Party is no longer worth it. my only hope is that Pandora and FW maybe spreads crowds out this year.. but I noticed alot of People pull Kids as it's free Dining. and tons of foreigners.

Also FP+ like any other month ruined walk-ons.. our first few years before FP+most rides ( except mountains, soaring, TSM etc) had were 10 minutes ... now even last September the great movie ride had 40-60 min waits.. in September!

We went mid-end September 2015. It wasn't too bad, but my tip would be avoid EPCOT on the weekends if possible. So many locals go then and it's just too crowded. But it's crowded in an annoying way, the food (and wine!) make people congregate in groups and it was a pain to maneuver.

Oh, and I would never suggest doing the first party or weekend of F&W. it's full of Disney bloggers and local reporters to write their reviews.

I was in the MK the week after Labor Day last year and things seemed way less crowded on Tues/Weds. Picked up a noticeable amount later in the week.

We were the last week of this past September, and it wasn't that bad at all (however, we only went to MK).

We were there this past September the 2nd weekend of F&W which was late September last year and in comparison to October F&W the previous year, September was so much more tolerable. The lines for the food booths were not as crazy either and you could actually move thru without feeling like "cattle"...that being said it's all relative...in comparison to other times of the year September still has "lighter" crowds, but in comparison to how light the crowds were in September some years back, well definitely busier, I'm sure you get what I'm trying to say LOL! (and yes I have also heard the week after Labor Day is probably the best time to go...but don't quote me on that!:rotfl2:)

If we could only go to WDW a few times a year, September would still one of my top choices (after early January;)...

DW and I were there this past September with family, and I was surprised at how many people were at the parks. There doesn't seem to be any definite "seasons" like there have been in years past, the park attendance across the board seems to have had a very appreciable increase. If you subscribe to the tactic of going to certain parks at certain times of day, those still seem to hold true, but on the whole I can't seem to pin down a "slow time" of the year. Past couple years I've been going have been in all different seasons and there doesn't seem be a difference from one to the other.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter