Busses to and from Toy Story Parking Lot

rosieposy

Earning My Ears
We’re going to Disneyland for the first time (frequent visitors to Disney World) at the end of the month. We currently have a reservation at the Hampton Inn that is right next to the Toy Story parking lot and we are planning on taking the busses to and from the parks. My question is, how long is the line for the busses at the end of the night when the parks close? Would it be better for us to pay a little more and stay at one of the hotels directly across the street from the Disneyland entrance?

The closer you can stay to the main gate the easier your life will be all around.

The bus will not save you time vs. walking, in my experience. That Hampton Inn is about a 20-25min walk to the gates.

If moving closer is an option, I would consider it. That is just my opinion.

I Agree. If you can get a hotel that is easy to walk then I would do that over the busses any day. Otherwise I would still take the bus over walking if you are 20+ min away on the walk.

We've stayed in that area and taken the busses to and from and it wasn't too bad. They have a lot of busses lined up at the end of the night and the line goes pretty fast. As others have said, it may not save you much in the way of time but it does save a lot of steps. We'd sometimes walk in the morning and then bus it back at night when our feet were tired. That said, we love staying right on Harbor near the entrance. We've done Candy Cane and Desert Palms numerous times, Castle Inn, Fairfield, Howard Johnson, etc. It is nice to be close. If the budget allows for it I always recommend right there on Harbor out of the entrance. Where you are WDW regulars though I think you'll find the walking at Disneyland to be much easier. Rides are closer, the parks are right next to each other, and even walking back to the Hampton Inn if you choose too isn't likely much more standing/walking than exiting Magic Kingdom, walking to the boat or bus, standing, then walking back to wherever your room is in your resort. :) Have a great time!

I agree with the others to look for something closer if you can. If you're a Hilton "person" looking to say within their brands, consider the Home2Suites/Hilton Garden Inn pair on Manchester. They are in the same building and are basically new. I prefer the Home2 as it's on the side of the building farther from the freeway, includes a decent breakfast and I like the room layout. The walk really isn't bad at all from there.

I agree with the others to look for something closer if you can. If you're a Hilton "person" looking to say within their brands, consider the Home2Suites/Hilton Garden Inn pair on Manchester. They are in the same building and are basically new. I prefer the Home2 as it's on the side of the building farther from the freeway, includes a decent breakfast and I like the room layout. The walk really isn't bad at all from there.
Yes, agreed. I have also stayed at The Hilton Garden Inn and the walk was fine from there.

Thanks so much everyone! I had a feeling staying closer and just walking would be better. We often go to Universal Orlando and love staying onsite so we can walk to the parks. So much better than having to deal with busses!

The Hilton Garden Inn looks affordable, but it doesn’t offer a free breakfast, which is not a dealbreaker but it’s always a nice perk! Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Express that is right next to the Hilton Garden Inn/Home2Suites? Reviews look good and it has a free breakfast. The Grand Legacy seems very close and in our price range, but it doesn’t look very nice.

Thanks so much everyone! I had a feeling staying closer and just walking would be better. We often go to Universal Orlando and love staying onsite so we can walk to the parks. So much better than having to deal with busses!

The Hilton Garden Inn looks affordable, but it doesn’t offer a free breakfast, which is not a dealbreaker but it’s always a nice perk! Has anyone stayed at the Holiday Inn Express that is right next to the Hilton Garden Inn/Home2Suites? Reviews look good and it has a free breakfast. The Grand Legacy seems very close and in our price range, but it doesn’t look very nice.
I have not stayed at either hotel but, IMO, both are a better choice than your current location.

My husband and son stayed at the holiday inn express on Manchester. They really liked it, but they both said the beds were very firm. Even my 15 year old mentioned it, and he isn’t one to normally point out things like that. They really liked the breakfast and walk was super quick. Plus it’s close to Mimi’s Cafe, Panera and McDonald’s.

If you’re looking for other places that include breakfast that is walking distance, there is also Home2Suites, Candy Cane and Desert Palms. Home2Suites and Desert Palms are hotels. Candy cane is a motel. We would stay at all 3 again. There are also 2 Best westerns, BW park place inn and mini suites and BW Anaheim Inn. Both are motels. For us, the best westerns are a bit pricey for what you get.

A bit further away there is an Element, springhill suites, Hyatt house, and residence Inn. All offer breakfast and are all hotels. While the walk is a bit further, it would not be as far as the Hampton Inn. Hope that helps!

We've also stayed at the Holiday Inn Express that's right next to the HGI/H2S and liked it as well. I think the breakfast was better at the Home2 but Holiday Inn Express was decent. I don't remember the beds being especially firm at the HIE but we have a pretty firm mattress at home so might not have noticed.

It's a quite a while since I've stayed at the Grand Legacy but I would pass on that one (there's a reason I haven't been back...). While it's not terrible, it's definitely a decent step down from the others you've mentioned, IMO.

I forgot to comment about grand legacy! I would only stay in the tower that is shared with the lobby. It’s the newest building at the grand legacy and it is hotel style instead of motel style. We stayed on the 2nd floor and had a room facing their pool and it was such a quiet room. We have heard others complain about the noise from their rooftop bar, but we did not experience that being on the 2nd floor. They do not offer breakfast though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter