Bush Sends Dismantled Statue of Liberty To France Postage Due

fklhou

<font color=red>Liberal and proud of it<br><font c
In retaliation for France’s vow to oppose a second U.N. resolution on Iraq, President Bush ordered that the Statue of Liberty be immediately dismantled and mailed to France postage due. The estimated cost to France for the shipment could total over $3 million.

“We no longer want any gifts from the ungrateful, uncooperational French. That statue is now tarnished beyond its appearance because of the country from which it came,” Bush announced from the oval office.

The president has requested that the National Park Service, which oversees Liberty Park, commission architect David Libeskind to design an appropriate structure to replace the gaping hole left by the removal of the statue.

Bush added that absence of the Statue of Liberty would also send a clear message that the United States no longer had an open door to “tired, huddled masses of foreigners who include terrorists.”

Democrats in congress expressed support for the president’s actions and felt it appropriate. “We needed to do something to put the French in their place so I applaud the president until I see polls indicating otherwise, at which time I will strongly condemn the action,” said Senate Minority Leader Tom Daschle.

http://bobsfridge.com/skew.htm

I do believe he was also quoted as saying, "DAMN YOU, dirty French!!" ;)

Edited to add:

In case anyone is offended by the above and misses the reference, it was a line from the original Planet of the Apes movie where Charlton Heston comes upon a piece of the blown up Statue of Liberty. "DAMN YOU, dirty apes!"

The dining room in Congress will no longer have "French" fries and "French" toast on the menu -- it is now "Freedom" fries and "Freedom" toast ..LOL!

This is ridculous. I find posts like this just offensive. The theroy that just become someone disagrees with the US they are automatically wrong makes no sense to me. Does the term Ugly American mean anything? This type of posting is where it comes from!

I believe this is a sarcastic post and not true. lol

Hey I'm all for Freedom Fries and Freedom Toast. Call me an ugly american if ya want. :teeth:

And this is what FREEDOM is all about.....ever heard of FREEDOM of SPEECH??

I found this thread hysterical! Love those Freedom Fries too! :teeth:

The orginal piece was satire or was meant as a joke to evidence how silly some people are taking the current dispute at the UN. The story about french frys and french toast is unfortunately true. Good satire normallly has just enough truth built in to the piece that you have to wonder if it is true or not.

I am sorry if anyone was confused and thought that this was a real story.

HA!

It's good to see that, even in scary times like this, some people have a sense of humor. Thanks for sharing.....

All jokes aside, apparently some people feel strongly about the situation with the French -- I heard a story about a 84-year old veteran of WWII who returned his commendation from the French for his service in the war to the French ambassador - he said he would accept it back when the French became our allies..again.

xyxthumbs.gif

Sorry, I overreacted! was more than a little upset by another thread here concerning this issue!

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter