Buses From Wilderness Lodge

gismo1554

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know whether any of the buses from Wilderness Lodge go to any of the other hotels around that area? Thinking of going and doing a little bit of a nose around the hotels but I'm thinking I'd need to go to MK and out again rather than getting a bus that is say going to Disney Springs that would stop at any of them?

There is an internal bus that goes from Wilderness Lodge to settlement depot at fort wilderness but that it.

Does anyone know whether any of the buses from Wilderness Lodge go to any of the other hotels around that area? Thinking of going and doing a little bit of a nose around the hotels but I'm thinking I'd need to go to MK and out again rather than getting a bus that is say going to Disney Springs that would stop at any of them?
There's a bus that runs between WL and FW. Other than that, there are no other resort-to-resort buses.

The Disney Springs bus should go to the Contemporary, but ask the bus driver to make sure. :)

The Disney Springs bus should go to the Contemporary, but ask the bus driver to make sure. :)
In the past, our AK bus to Contemporary stopped at Wilderness Lodge first so I guess you can get on but the bus....it wont say (Contemporary) you just have to ask the driver or look for people getting off with Animal Kingdom clothing and souvenirs.

I was on a bus from Wilderness Lodge to Epcot once, and it stopped at Fort Wilderness. I think you never know when they will combine them. You could stand at Wilderness Lodge and ask the driver for each bus, but if you time it wrong it's possible that you would be there a long time before you got one going where you want.

It seems like Wilderness Lodge is in the same vicinity as Contemporary/Grand Floridian/Polynesian. But it's not like Yacht Club being in the same vicinity as Beach Club/Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin/Swan Reserve. You can't easily get from Wilderness Lodge to other hotels, the way you can walk from Yacht Club to those other hotels.

Just got back from the WL and in the later mornings, the DS and ST bus stopped at the Contemporary before going on to the parks. And as another person mentioned, the Epcot bus stopped at FW. I would ask the driver. It is easy to take the boat from the WL over to the MK and then use the monorail or another boat to visit another MK resort. Or, use a bus to get to a non MK resort from the MK bus stops.

Back in Feb we shared with CR for MK and AK. But it was sporadic so I think for planning purposes you’d be better off to go back to MK and use it as a hub to get to where you want to go next.

When we stayed at WL (pre covid) we were impressed how fast the MK bus trip was. If I were resort hoping I agree the MK route would be my plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter