• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Buses from Downtown Disney hotels.

walllo

Earning My Ears
:) We have a group of 9 that will be in WDW Jan. 22-27. We are still trying to decide where to stay exactly. We definitely want to stay on Disney property for the best price we can. Anyway, I was wondering if the transportation from the downtown hotels was Disney transportation or each hotel's own transportation. Has anyone stayed at downtown Disney and used the transportation and what is your opinion? Thanks!!!:jester:

The transportation for DD Hotels is separate from Disney's transportation. According to a post by a Disney Transportation Department CM (who currently drives a Disney bus), the DD Hotels used to contract with Disney to provide transportation to and from the parks for their guests. However, they now use someone else.

I have never used the DD Hotels transportation so cannot answer the "how is it" question. I do know that the DD buses to the MK pick up and drop off at the TTC (as opposed to the Disney resort buses which drop off near the MK entrance).

Hotel Plaza guests have thier own bus system that is provided by the hotels themselves. The current company is Fleetwood Limousine (dba Bethany Limousine). They operate slightly older VanHool T940 and T945 motor coaches. As for thier condition... they're in average condition... not as clean as Disney busses... but nowhere near as filthy as Skytran... at least Bethany washes thier busses once a week I'd guess.

As for thier service... they run twice an hour out of the TTC, Epcot, Studios, and DAK... (some midday service is only once an hour)

They also have busses to Blizzard Beach, and Downtown Disney.

As for how good of a service they provide... *shrug* Couldn't tell you. The only thing I can tell you is Lane #26, twice an hour... lol

We stayed at the Marriott in DD in Sept. 2001 for the 20 bucks a night deal. Because of our transportation issue we will never stay at DD again even at $20.00 a night. The buses took forever and the stops and pick-ups are in weird places, like in the middle of parking lots. Like Chip n Dale said, Lane 26. There are not shelters like the Disney hotels have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter