Bus to US...Is this true???

Jinnyboom

Mouseketeer
I read about a public bus that you catch at TTD that takes you to SW for $1 per person...if this is true....I would assume that the same would hold for US/IOA but perhaps at a different rate.
Can someone shed light on this please....certainly would be more economical than taking a shuttle or cab.
Thanks so much!!!

:confused:

THANK YOU...THANK YOU...THANK YOU!!!!!

I sent them an email requesting specific information. Their website indicates that I should get a reply on Monday. I will post the information here when I receive it!!!

:bounce:

Wow thanks for looking into this.

I always got confused with bus schedules and transfering.
But it would be the heck out of driving and getting lost or the traffic on I4.

We took the bus from the airport to Disney. It cost $1.10 per person, and you need to request a transfer when you enter the bus (plus you need exact change). I'm not sure which bus (we took bus #11(#51 was more direct but we didn't know that then), then transfered to #50 to get to Disney) but one of them went directly (either #11 or #50) past Sea World. You can find the schedules at the golynx.com website. The downtown ticket area is a bit seedy, but it's comparable to most major cities bus service. My children were fine with it (DS9, DS11)It got us to Disney cheap (4 of us for $8.80 total both ways), and would be an easy trip to Seaworld and back. The bus leaves and arrives at the ticket and transportation center. Hope this helps.

:pinkbounc
When I took my daughter and her friend to WDW last march we took the bus from the TTC
and it was really easy. I think it's called the Lynx. Anyway I called and they gave me the bus # to take and the bus driver was very helpful. You have to walk across a pretty large size parking lot when you get there but it's not bad. On our return trip however we were waiting at the wrong bus stop so make sure you get the right one-that was a little confusing. Hope you have a great trip.
Betty

:wave:

Thanks Betty!!!

I'd walk a VERY LARGE parking lot to get to US from WDW for around $2 per person!!!
I am waiting to here back from LYNX regarding specifics...and will post when I hear!!

Okay....so here's the scoop direct from Lynx....sounds rather complicated and not at all sure how long this would take........
Catch # 50 at the TTC. Disembark at Sea World. From there transfer to #8 which travels north on International Drive...disembark at the intersection of International Drive and Sand Lake Road. Transfer to #21 which travels westbound on Sand Lake Road to Universal Studios.

That guys....is how to get to Universal Studios from WDW for less than $3 per person.

Whew........

:jester:

Someone recently posted that it took between 2 and 2 1/2 hours each way. I think I'd find an alternative way to save money.

I just got my US/IOA planning Video. And it said the US/IOA runs a Bus to Seaworld And WDW. I wonder if you can ride it the other way?? Just a thought????

Hi. My DD's and I took the Linx around town a couple of times on our last visit. I am used to staying on property and not renting a vehicle. I've never been off of WDW property till this last trip. I can tell you that traveling on the Lynx was pretty painless. We would board at the TTC and ride it to Sea World where we'd have to transfer. It took much less than an hour, I'd say more like about 20 min. from the time that we boarded till arriving at Sea World.

It was certainly well worth the $1.10 per person each direction to go to the Belz Outlet mall, and to the Titanic Exhibit!!!! Never was I afraid or uncomfortable in taking their bus. The one thing that I will advise though is that you look at BOTH sides of the sign where the bus stops are. One side will give you one route, the other side gives you the other directions route #. The bus drivers are very friendly and helpful. I would use this transportation again, and will plan a trip to Universal newt time as well. It may take a little while to get there, but even going to Belz took only about 45 min. w/ transfer time.
Gerri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter