Bus to MK or drive?

Brig27

Earning My Ears
Looking for your advice, perspective and experience... We are staying on site at AOA and we will have a rental car. Should we drive to MK or take the bus for an 8am PPO breakfast?

Once we split our family into two groups to test whether bus or car was better to MK (from POR). Both groups arrived at the MK gates within a minute of each other. Obviously plenty of factors affect this, but that was the result of our one-time experiment.

For a PPO breakfast I would take the bus.

When I'm with DH we drive everywhere as he does not like the bus. It works out fine. When I'm solo I don't rent a car and take the bus. That works out fine also. Bus lines are sometimes long at the end of the night, I waited what I consider to be a long time (several buses came, filled up, and left) at the end of the night at MK. Staying at Pop I sometimes took the AoA bus back if the line was shorter.

This is the ONLY time I'd take the bus. IME it's never clear when the monorail/ferry starts running in the morning. Ideally I'd want to be at the MK gate 30-45 minutes before my scheduled ADR. You are pretty much stuck if the monorail and ferry aren't running that early, or if the monorail is running less-frequently because of the early hour. I'd try to be at my resort MK bus stop at least an hour prior to my ADR time (maybe more like 75 minutes... I stress about the things I cannot control!)

For a PPO breakfast, I would probably take the bus, but I do love arriving at MK by ferry so I would be 50/50 on this.

I feel like it takes forever to get to MK when driving (we sometimes stay off site)...This year we are staying at AoA and are planning on taking the bus.

This is the ONLY time I'd take the bus. IME it's never clear when the monorail/ferry starts running in the morning. Ideally I'd want to be at the MK gate 30-45 minutes before my scheduled ADR. You are pretty much stuck if the monorail and ferry aren't running that early, or if the monorail is running less-frequently because of the early hour. I'd try to be at my resort MK bus stop at least an hour prior to my ADR time (maybe more like 75 minutes... I stress about the things I cannot control!)

Good point on the monorail and ferry schedules. I had not thought of that. Thank you!

Valet parking at contemp or GF is also an option. Pricey but easy.

I think I read somewhere it was $25 for valet parking? Does that sound right. Also does anyone have issues with using valet if your not staying or dining at that resort?

I'm sure there is some way to get from the TTC to the MK for PPO breakfasts. They wouldn't just leave people who drove stranded there...right?

I'm sure there is some way to get from the TTC to the MK for PPO breakfasts. They wouldn't just leave people who drove stranded there...right?
If the Monorail's not running, the Ferryboat should be. If neither is running, there should be buses.

Go to the Bus Info booth; there will always be someone there from the time buses start at 6:30 until the park closes. If nothing's running to MK, they will get a bus for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter