Bus to GF

Monorail is the main option but to be more specific here is a detailed breakdown of each option:

1. Board Monorail at Epcot Station > Arrive at TTC Station and Transfer to Resort Monorail > Arrive GF Station and Exit

OR

2. Board Monorail at Epcot Station > Arrive at TTC Station and Exit > Walk to GF (via Polynesian Resort pathways)

OR

3. The alternative option would be to request a Minnie Van via the Lyft app. This is basically a private point-to-point transportation service (similar to Uber/Lyft) but for a flat fee (last I checked it was $25 per trip) and operated by Disney.

Hope this helps.

All of this is correct. In my (unsolicited) opinion, this very transportation issue is my biggest drawback to the MK resorts. It really is quite a journey from Epcot back to GF or Poly, especially when I can see the Beach Club and Boardwalk from my favorite Illuminations spot. Yes, being on the monorail line is usually awesome for MK, but even that can get tough with capacity issues. I think for the price of GF and Poly, they should run busses to Epcot as another option.

Trying to get around using Disney transport this past weekend took forever. As was the bag check to get into Epcot. We like to go to different resorts. It took us an hour from
Gf To wilderness lodge and then an hour back to the Polynesian. Boats were down because of weather and no extra buses were added. Next time I think we’ll uber. It will probably cost less than a car.

Trying to get around using Disney transport this past weekend took forever. As was the bag check to get into Epcot. We like to go to different resorts. It took us an hour from
Gf To wilderness lodge and then an hour back to the Polynesian. Boats were down because of weather and no extra buses were added. Next time I think we’ll uber. It will probably cost less than a car.
Unfortunately, adding buses requires adding drivers. Disney does not keep any extra drivers around or on short call.

So buses are never added for weather; they're just moved from somewhere else, and then that somewhere else suffers from not enough buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter