Bus Sharing question

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
Are there any moderate resorts that DON'T share buses? We've only ever stay at POR (back in 2008) and I remember there being several stops before heading to the parks.

What about Coronado, POFQ, and Caribbean - do they all share buses with others as well?

Thanks!

Are there any moderate resorts that DON'T share buses? We've only ever stay at POR (back in 2008) and I remember there being several stops before heading to the parks.

What about Coronado, POFQ, and Caribbean - do they all share buses with others as well?

Thanks!
They’re not sharing with other resorts, they just have multiple stops at the particular resort due to size. I believe all 3 of those have multiple stops as well.

Okay, thanks for the info! Looks like bus sharing is the necessary all across the board. Bummer.

Okay, thanks for the info! Looks like bus sharing is the necessary all across the board. Bummer.
Not sure what do you mean by "bus sharing" because Coronado and Caribbean do not share with any other resorts. Do you mean a single bus stop that all guests at that resort must use? That would narrow the resorts down considerably BUT while they might have just one stop at their resort, they still might go to another resort to pick up guests.

Yeah, we stayed at Pop in 2010 and 2012 and just had the 1 bus stop which was actually pretty nice. I guess I thought more places, especially deluxe, might be that way.

You’re be mixing up resort sharing and resort size leading to multiple stops. POR, CBR and CSR have multiple stops because they are so large. Your best bet at only having one stop is POFQ. During busy times (like park opening) it will probably have its own bus, but as others have mentioned there is a chance it will share at POR other times.

Hard to compare based just on that because CBR has multiple bus stops but for half the parks you have 0 bus stops as you take the Skyliner.

Yeah, we stayed at Pop in 2010 and 2012 and just had the 1 bus stop which was actually pretty nice. I guess I thought more places, especially deluxe, might be that way.
Most deluxes don't share. The YC/BC do because they are basically the same resort. And they only have one physical bus stop at each resort. The only deluxe resorts I can think of with more than one bus stop are Saratoga Springs and Old Key West. Technically AKL has two but one is for the DVC and one is for the resort. You were asking about the moderates, which tend to be more spread out since they are not under one roof.

Sorry, I asked a similar question on the DVC board so I was getting the two threads confused. We were at WL and shared a bus with Contemporary when going to HS (and AK too, I think) and Fort Wilderness when going to Epcot. It was a bummer. I'm not sure if we'll do Deluxe/DVC/Moderate next time. I was just trying to see which places were the best in terms of transportation without a bunch of stops. I'm seeing now it's not to be avoided so it is what it is. We'll likely be either be at a Deluxe with resort-sharing buses. Or at a moderate with multiple stops. Not the end of the world, obviously. Just wondered what was out there.

Most deluxes don't share. The YC/BC do because they are basically the same resort. And they only have one physical bus stop at each resort. The only deluxe resorts I can think of with more than one bus stop are Saratoga Springs and Old Key West. Technically AKL has two but one is for the DVC and one is for the resort. You were asking about the moderates, which tend to be more spread out since they are not under one roof.
Sometimes WL/CR/FW share. Sometimes Poly/GF share. And sometimes a crazy person is working bus assignments and puts YC/BC/BWI together :scared:

Probably someone who’s been there forever and remembers when all five Epcot resorts (YC, BC, BW, S, D) shared all the time.
OMG WHAAAT!!

I waited 25 mins at AK for the triple combo bus a year or two ago. When it came and I saw how tightly packed it was- and that the follow up bus was gonna be just as tight- I bailed and hoped on an almost empty immediately available RIV bus, Skylinered to IG and walked to BWI. Should have thought of that 25 mins earlier :rotfl2:

OMG WHAAAT!!
Yes, and the sequence was S, D, Y, B, BW! I can’t tell you how many full buses we saw pass us by without stopping when we wanted to go to MK back in the day. OTOH, I have no trouble remembering which is the Swan and which the Dolphin when helping someone here on DISboards.

OMG WHAAAT!!

I waited 25 mins at AK for the triple combo bus a year or two ago. When it came and I saw how tightly packed it was- and that the follow up bus was gonna be just as tight- I bailed and hoped on an almost empty immediately available RIV bus, Skylinered to IG and walked to BWI. Should have thought of that 25 mins earlier :rotfl2:
My motto is any route that utilizes Skyliner is a good route!

What a fun and efficient addition to Disney Transport.

We stayed at POFQ in September and did not share the bus with POR - YMMV.

This was our experience as well. We stayed at POFQ for 10 days late Jan/early Feb last year and never shared with POR once. We actually had a couple bus trips around lunch time from POFQ to the parks where we were the ONLY family on the bus. It was amazing and the bus drivers chatted with us the whole ride.

Thanks!
We stay at CBR. The internal bus stops drive me crazy, but we use the Skyliner to get to 2 of the parks, so we make it work.

We often get off the bus at the main stop Old Port Royale, grab a snack or drink and then walk to our room. Avoiding many of the bus stops!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter