Bus routes - Port Orleans to MK??

cigar95

DIS weakest link
I'm wondering about which route the busses take in going from Port Orleans / Dixie Landings to the Magic Kingdom.

Do they go down and hop on Epcot Center Drive, passing just in front of Epcot on their way to World Drive? Or do they head up to Vista Blvd. and past Ft. Wilderness and the Eagle Pines / Osprey Ridge golf courses?

Why am I asking? Well, it's mostly curiosity, and in part because I'm trying to make the case that all three (four?) moderate resorts are pretty equal in location when it comes to convenient access to the theme parks. If PO/DxL busses take the northern route, then they would, I think, be the closest to MK in travel time.

Recently back from POR and I remember going by the Eagle Pines golf course. Not sure if that's the route they take all the time as I really didn't pay that much attention.
:D

9 times out of ten, we will exit out onto Bonnet Creek, and take Vista Blvd to the Magic Kingdom. I can't imagine anyone swinging up by Epcot Center Drive. The only time we'd take that route, would be if we were coming from Old Key West... Although, personally, I'd still take Vista Blvd. At any rate... it's about 10 mins from Port Orleans to the MK.

As for CSR... that's about 10-11 minutes... it's right on World Driver there.

CBR... I personally take Victory Way up to Osceola, and then over to World Drive. Don't have to worry about lights and traffic and all that. 12 minutes on average.

Chip 'N Dale, you're *just* the person to answer this question! Thanks!

OK, so even *with* the Vista Blvd shortcut, PO/DxL is about the same drive time as CSR, with CBR a little longer.

My guess is that all three are about the same time to Epcot - am I right?

Obviously, CBR will be the closest to the Studios, with CSR a little longer, and PO/DxL a little longer still.

Just as obviously, CSR is a lot closer to AK than any of the others, with PO/DxL noticeably longer than CBR.

So, in terms of the four major theme parks, it looks like CSR is slightly the best for those relying on WDW transportation. (The "conventional wisdom" seems to be that it's the least convenient - something I've disputed in the past.)

Of course, CSR is also clearly the farthest from Downtown Disney and Typhoon Lagoon, for those that make that location a priority.

Overall, then, I'd say the three (or four) moderates are about equal in terms of proximity to the WDW attractions. So theming would be the thing that really makes the difference in deciding where to stay (despite what Ron Ng) might say about CBR!).

One other thing to note about Coronado Springs versus Caribbean Beach and Port Orleans... CSR's busses are by far much less crowded, and very rarely go Signal 72 (radio code for Full Bus, Guests left behind)

CSR is definetly in a prime location... It's only 6 mins from Studios, Epcot, 10 from MK, and DAK (only due to stop at BB). As for Downtown... Going to Downtown, we do have to fight the traffic on BVD. However, coming back, we cut down Bonnet Creek, and onto Epcot Center Drive, and link up with World Drive Southbound. This bypasses us away from the congested areas around the Studios park exit.

One thing I will add though... Although property is quite large, and spread out... the travel times for the various resorts aren't really that much different, with maybe only a 2-4 minute difference on average.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter