• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bus question

dubo

Earning My Ears
Anyone know how long of a bus ride will it be if we catch the bus at Magic Kingdom (after walking from the Contemporary) around 10am to Hollywood Studios? Trying to plan out my day and need a ETA for HS. Thanks! :-)

Is there some reason you wouldn't just take the bus from the Contemporary?

Either way, the travel time is about 10 minutes. That does not include any wait you would have for a bus to arrive.

this depends the busses run about every 20 minutes so if you just miss one or if there is a long line ( I do not think so this early) from MK to HS maybe about 10 minutes I never counted also depends on traffic can slow things down I would give at lest 45 minutes

Oh okay, so I guess my question should be how long does it take from CONTEMPORARY to HS?

About the same time as if we left from MK?
Yes, but also depends on how long you're waiting for said bus...
Edited to add: of course posters after me are more correct. I was forgetting about the additional stops. Thanks!

Last edited:
About the same time as if we left from MK?

Well, not necessarily.

The Contemporary bus may make an interim stop to load/unload guests at another MK area resort before heading to DHS.

The MK/DHS bus would not be making any interim resort stops.

I always allow for an hour when traveling from a resort to park or vice versa. This includes time spent waiting for the bus as well as the commute. If I need to be there at 10am, I'm at the bus stop around 9am. This is usually more than enough time.

Are there buses that run from Contemporary to HS?

From (and to) the Contemporary Resort there are buses that run to DHS and DAK and to each Water Park as well as buses to Disney Springs.
If the resort monorail is not running due to maintenance, there will be special buses that cover the routes normally offered by the monorail.

Well, not necessarily.

The Contemporary bus may make an interim stop to load/unload guests at another MK area resort before heading to DHS.

The MK/DHS bus would not be making any interim resort stops.
At 10am, the bus will probably stop at WL on the way to DHS.

Travel time should be 15-20 minutes, plus up to 20 minutes wait time (normally, but occasionally up to 30.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter