• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bunk beds?

Dallas_Lady

I only work for the vacation money
Do RCCL ships have the pull down bunk for the kids the way DCL does? I have had a hard time finding pictures of how the kids bed is made up at night.

On the ship we were on some rooms had a pull down bunk. But the bed under it was a full size pull out not a twin converted couch like DCL. So it took up a lot more space in the room and the room steward would not pull out the lower bed and pull the bunk down. So either both kids had to sleep in the same full size or one had the bunk and the other had the couch-as a couch not as a bed.

On the ship we were on some rooms had a pull down bunk. But the bed under it was a full size pull out not a twin converted couch like DCL. So it took up a lot more space in the room and the room steward would not pull out the lower bed and pull the bunk down. So either both kids had to sleep in the same full size or one had the bunk and the other had the couch-as a couch not as a bed.

Where is the Pullman located? Over the sofa? We just booked a cabin specifically that holds up to four people because of the pullout sofa and the Pullman bed. You mean we can't use both? We need to.

Where is the Pullman located? Over the sofa? We just booked a cabin specifically that holds up to four people because of the pullout sofa and the Pullman bed. You mean we can't use both? We need to.

What ship, and what room? I think the ship matters more on royal, as they have more ship classes. You may be OK if it's radiance class, whereas it looks like quantum doesn't have Pullmans at all for balcony cabins. Just a sofa bed for 2.

What ship, and what room? I think the ship matters more on royal, as they have more ship classes. You may be OK if it's radiance class, whereas it looks like quantum doesn't have Pullmans at all for balcony cabins. Just a sofa bed for 2.

Sorry. We are booked on The Oasis. Cabin 11307. Category B1 I believe. Our friends will be in 11299 I think.

Sorry. We are booked on The Oasis. Cabin 11307. Category B1 I believe. Our friends will be in 11299 I think.

Your bed will be located by the balcony and you will have the pullout couch & an upper pullman as well.

Your bed will be located by the balcony and you will have the pullout couch & an upper pullman as well.

Great thanks! I'm assuming 11299 will be the same.
I'm a little nervous trying a new cruise line. It's great to have helpful people on this forum.

Yes it was over the couch, next to the balcony. I think another stateroom host may not have been such a stickler for the "safety" of not having the sofa bed pulled out along with the Pullman down. It had to do with the ladder being obstructed by the pulled out bed below but we could have put the ladder on the end instead. My kids were little enough at the time so it wasn't the best but it was okay. This was on Oasis.

Yes it was over the couch, next to the balcony. I think another stateroom host may not have been such a stickler for the "safety" of not having the sofa bed pulled out along with the Pullman down. It had to do with the ladder being obstructed by the pulled out bed below but we could have put the ladder on the end instead. My kids were little enough at the time so it wasn't the best but it was okay. This was on Oasis.

Strange. I would be pretty upset if we were unable to use the sofa bed and Pullman as we need both options. What you explained is how Disney is set up. The Pullman pulls down over the sofa bed. The ladder is placed at the feet of the sofa bed.

Strange. I would be pretty upset if we were unable to use the sofa bed and Pullman as we need both options. What you explained is how Disney is set up. The Pullman pulls down over the sofa bed. The ladder is placed at the feet of the sofa bed.

The difference is that on Disney the couch made into a bed does not take up a lot more space than it does as a couch. On Oasis the bed doubled the floor space when pulled out. I don't know if I have any pictures of it but if I do I will try to post them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter