Bunk Beds

29apr00

Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!
Which DVC resorts offer bunk beds? Is it only in 1 bedrooms, or are there bunks in Studios? We are just a family of 4, but with 1 of each, they have reached the age of not wanting to share a bed, even for a Disney trip.:crowded:

Which DVC resorts offer bunk beds? Is it only in 1 bedrooms, or are there bunks in Studios? We are just a family of 4, but with 1 of each, they have reached the age of not wanting to share a bed, even for a Disney trip.:crowded:

I am not aware of any that have Bunk beds.

the treehouse villas are the only DVC resort that has bunk beds (in the 4rd bedroom) as far as i know. (THVs cost more than a 2BR so that is sub-optimal in your situation.)

AKL has bunk beds but only for cash stays, not points.

in general, you'd be best off in a 1BR at OKW, AKV or BLT (they have a sleeper chair and a pullout sofabed in addition to a king bed.) VGF studios have a tiny pullout bed but IMO, that will only work for a small child.

Edited...ooops, put SSR instead of OKW at first. I have SSR on the brain.

Best bet would be a 1BR at OKW, AKV or BLT where they have sleeper sofa AND sleeper chair.

VWL does not have bunkbeds. They are only in the main lodge. It does however now have the murphy bed in the studios

Darn!! Last trip we were at BWV and they had the little daybed that we used. But she won't fit on that much longer

Darn!! Last trip we were at BWV and they had the little daybed that we used. But she won't fit on that much longer

From what I've seen, the murphy beds offered in VWL studios and VGF studios (it folds out from the TV stand) are long enough for a 5'10" man to sleep on if he had no other choice.

Check out this VGF Studio Video , it starts off by demonstrating the bed.

On our first DVC trip my son also used that little daybed at BWV. He loved it so much. Ten years later my son now is coming close to 5'11" and about 160# soaking wet. After all these years of him having to camp out on the floor on an air mattress, it's nice they're finally bringing in murphy beds. We can still make use of it! I'll bring the usual air mattress along in case he doesn't comfortably fit the VWL murphy bed. (... make that order a new air mattress as it developed a leak during the last trip with 2 teenage boys pouncing it. :stitch: :goofy: )

thanks for the video...that bed looks pretty cool. I think they'd fight over who get to sleep on it. But my Dh would never stay at GF....too stuffy for him. I'd love it.

But that bed is available at VWL also? And did i read something about a sleep chair?

thanks for the video...that bed looks pretty cool. I think they'd fight over who get to sleep on it. But my Dh would never stay at GF....too stuffy for him. I'd love it.

But that bed is available at VWL also? And did i read something about a sleep chair?

They have that pull down bed in VWL studios now...and BLT, AKV and OKW 1BRs have the sleeper sofa AND sleeper chair. This is DVC villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter