Bummed

think-like-tink

DIS Veteran
My BFF and her family, 2 kids 4 an6 yrs old are in at MK and are having a horrid time. She went with no plan, no idea as to what they were in for. I tried to get her to watch youtube videos (or the planning cd) and she thought she didn't need to. Now they are in MK, HOT, tired and grumpy and have ONLY met Merida. BFF is p'od that tehy had to wait 45 minutes to meet Merida. :lmao: My response was "yay! how was it". She said not...worth...it. BUMMED. This should be such a wonderful vacay. and it is turning into hell. She doesn't see the point in anything around her now. Burt, yet, she is calling me wanting to know what there is to do. I am trying to help, but, I get shot down.

My BFF and her family, 2 kids 4 an6 yrs old are in at MK and are having a horrid time. She went with no plan, no idea as to what they were in for. I tried to get her to watch youtube videos (or the planning cd) and she thought she didn't need to. Now they are in MK, HOT, tired and grumpy and have ONLY met Merida. BFF is p'od that tehy had to wait 45 minutes to meet Merida. :lmao: My response was "yay! how was it". She said not...worth...it. BUMMED. This should be such a wonderful vacay. and it is turning into hell. She doesn't see the point in anything around her now. Burt, yet, she is calling me wanting to know what there is to do. I am trying to help, but, I get shot down.

You can't help people who don't want it. Hope they luck into some fun.

I don't understand people who don't plan we just got back and had a great time except for belle we never waited more than 15minutes for anything. I also don't understand people who don't use fastpass. I guess it's a good thing though that not everyone uses it.

I know....I know...

I wish I could be there to guide them along. I am afraid I will never get her back to Disney World again. That's what she gets for going without me. lol.

Maybe they should have made some plans, but I don't see how they could be having a "horrid" time. It's Disney World. There's so much to do there. You can go without having specific plans and still have a fun time.

Hopefully they can go back some time and listen to advice that you may be able to give them. :)

I know....I know...

I wish I could be there to guide them along. I am afraid I will never get her back to Disney World again. That's what she gets for going without me. lol.

I'm going to be in the same boat in about 2 weeks! My BFF is going on an unplanned trip with her DH, DS and DD....I feel you're pain.

I tried to help her, but she resisted. For my own sanity, I gave her 6 pages of tips last week! Lol :) she just looked at me like I was crazy.

I have no delusions that they will ever go back - they don't like heat or crowds and her DH has a bad knee....so they decided to go to Disney at the end of June. Ugh.

Some folks you just have to take by the hand and walk them thru the parks. The volume of people is outside of their scope and they just can't plan for it.

she is calling me wanting to know what there is to do.

At MK? Really? Regardless of where she happens to be standing at the moment, there is something fun to do within feet. Some people just don't want to have fun, they enjoy being miserable. Tell her to open her eyes, look around a pick a ride. Geez...

Maybe they should have made some plans, but I don't see how they could be having a "horrid" time. It's Disney World. There's so much to do there. You can go without having specific plans and still have a fun time.

Hopefully they can go back some time and listen to advice that you may be able to give them. :)

Oh no, it's really bad. She is complaining that its hot, crowded, and the wait time for everything is too long, her and her DH are fighting..

:sad2:

I did hours of research before our first trip. Halfway through our magical week, I was getting FastPasses for a ride with a 110 minute wait. (Splash Mtn., I think) A young couple came over and asked me, "How does this thing work?" After patiently explaining how FP worked and that it is absolutely free, they both nodded, thanked me. . .and GOT INTO THE 110 MINUTE LINE!!:confused3

Some people just don't listen!

I can sort of understand your friend's position. I'm the planner type... been planning for almost 2 years! But even with all of my planning, I feel incredibly overwhelmed. And I feel like even with everything I've learned, I'm still going to be so caught off guard that it might not be as enjoyable of a trip as I'm hoping it will be. I feel like, after two years of reading, researching and planning, I've only began to scratch the surface. I feel like I don't even know enough about WDW to know WHAT to research or where to begin! So much of what I've learned has been "on accident" in that I wasn't specifically looking for that information.

So, I can relate to your friend (kind of). Regardless, I hope that their vacation turns around and they have a wonderful time regardless of everything. :goodvibes

Maybe they should head back to their hotel for some rest or a swim and try a park again tomorrow. Maybe you could convince her in the meantime to take a look at some of your tips.

Oh no, it's really bad. She is complaining that its hot, crowded, and the wait time for everything is too long, her and her DH are fighting..

Pool time!! Tell them to head back to their resort and start fresh in the morning ... at rope drop when it's not hot and the lines are short. And get fastpasses. Dumbo, barnstormer, and Mickey meet & greet are disconnected from what I understand so they could possess all of those as well as 'connected' ones.

If they want to try another ride today, recommend Dumbo where the kids would have a blast while waiting in the play area and the parents could sit and enjoy A/C.

Or choose some rides for her that have indoor/cool queues.

Maybe they should head back to their hotel for some rest or a swim and try a park again tomorrow. Maybe you could convince her in the meantime to take a look at some of your tips.

This - You don't have to plan to have fun, but you do have to be in the right frame of mind. They need to regroup and try again after a relaxing swim and a good night's sleep.

My aunt/uncle/cousins have done several Disney Vacations, but have always gone during non-peak times since my aunt homeschooled them, they were able to. I guess they never really did much planning, but since it wasn't a peak time it worked out ok. Now, my cousin is in college in Florida, so my aunt decided they were going to go to Disney for Christmas instead of having him come home. I asked her the other day if she had made their reservations yet since Christmas is the number one peak time and the value resorts where they like to stay will most likely sell out. She said she had no idea Christmas was a busy time - she figured it would be empty and hadn't even begun planning. She did say that she was going to talk to my Uncle and maybe rethink the whole plan.

I tried to help a friend who was going this weekend - tried to explain rope drop - what a benefit it was etc etc. That shw should plan what rides she had to hit etc. She said they were planning on getting to the parks about noon each day :eek: I kept saying Rope drop - rope drop. She just smiled at me like I was crazy -

Then I realized that this weekend was also gay weekend. warned her against MK on Sat because it would be so busy. I'm gay and don't go on gay weekend - the crowds are crazy.

Still she just smiled - how bad could it be she said... I just smiled back and said I hope you have a magical time.

I've been slowly (over the course of about 6 months) helping a friend plan. The first time we talked she looked at me like I was crazy, last week when we started talking about touring plans she looked at me like a deer in headlights. At least she appreciates that I'm trying to help, and she's willing to take some of my advice.

I know it's the "wrong" company, but when I have conversations with people that think I'm nutso, I hear the Madigascar Penguins saying "Just smile and wave boys, smile & wave".

OP: I hope your friend comes to her senses, read's your notes tonight, and shows up for RD tomorrow!

At this point I would just unplug, not answer cell or land line phone or texts or FB or EVERYTHING why should YOU now get "shot down" when BFF AND her DH brought it on themselves ? Not to be mean, but she isn't treating you very nicely why give her more opportunity ?

It never ceases to amaze me the number of people that go to WDW with no plan, no knowledge, and no patience- then complain about how bad a time they had and it is all Disney's fault.:confused3 It is an expensive vacation- you would think folks would do a minimum of research...

I have a friend who went a few years ago. I asked if she wanted advice, and she said no, they had it covered- so I didn't push. She came home afterwards and said her family hated it, and she didn't see why everyone raves about WDW. I asked her about different attractions and she said they couldn't find any of them. Couldn't find them? :confused3

Turns out, she was used to her local amusement park, where all the rides and attractions are outside. They didn't go to a single attraction inside a building (which is MOST of the attractions at WDW) because they didn't think there could be any rides inside. :scared1: They missed every dark ride, all the shows, and most of the thrill rides. She said it wasn't worth the $$ they spent because "there was nothing to do! Just walked around trying to find rides all day!".

I tried to help... :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter