Building Suggestion for OKW

annnewjerz

If I had a world of my own, everything would be no
Hi everyone. We're hoping to head down to WDW in September and rent points through a DVC member, which has always worked out for us well in the past. It looks like OKW is one of the only resorts available for our entire stay, so even though it wasn't ever on my list of must-try resorts (we're suckers for BWV) it looks great and I thought we'd give it a shot. We'd be staying in a Studio.

My Husband and I are expecting our first child and I will be about 28 weeks pregnant on our trip. Knowing how hot it is in early September, and how large OKW is --- is there a particular building you think would be best to request upon booking to ensure the least amount of walking to/from the pool, counter-service food/drinks, etc.?

Any input would be great. Thanks so much!

Ann

We just returned from 9 nights at OKW. We were in building 56, which is at the far end of the resort (far from the main area).

We LOVED this area! You could see the pool in that area from our balcony (here's a photo - the pool is just past the play area in the background).

011-Copy-Copy_zps7dc45a0c.jpg

However, if you want to walk to the main pool area with the restaurants, etc. this is probably not doable.

However, we were also steps from the bus stop and I believe you can jump on any bus and it stops last at the main area.

We had a car and did drive up to the main area a few times to swim, shop, take the boat to downtown Disney, etc.

I loved how remote and quiet it was in that area. I loved having the pool and bus stop so close to our room and plenty of open parking was always available.

We ask for and get buildings 15, 16, 17, or 18. Those buildings are close to the main pool, CS, community hall, etc. but far enough away from the "hub-bub" to be very quiet.

Near hospitality house is a booking category. Suggest you go that route.

Hospitality House area or nearby IMHO. It can be nice to walk around the resort, but in September with the humidity? -- not so much (and at WDW you don't exactly miss out on walking opportunities anyway! ;) ) See map.

http://allears.net/acc/okwmap.jpg

Near hospitality house is a booking category. Suggest you go that route.

Most likely not available 2 months out.

OP, since you are pregnant, I would request first floor or elevator building. Only 3 buildings have elevators - 62, 63, 64.

62 if you have HH. Some of these rooms have views of Epcot and MK fireworks.

Otherwise if you have small kids then near the other pool.

62 if you have HH. Some of these rooms have views of Epcot and MK fireworks.

Otherwise if you have small kids then near the other pool.

62 is not Hospitality House area. Only 11-14, 23-26.

Just say near a pool if that is your main preference. As far as getting to HH area...Any bus will take you there from any bus stop.

have stayed in building 14, loved it. buildings 11,12,13 are right there too, and buildings 62 and 63 are just caddy-corner from the hospitality house area.
At hospitality house area, that is the pool area, check-in/check-out, Olivias restaurant, the bar area, the convenience store, and a quick food area...also the boat dock taking you to DD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter