Bugs on balcony at BLT

wendow

We create happiness.
We are returning to BLT in Sept. We were there this past Sept and loved the resort. Only problem we had that was ongoing was the bugs every night on the balcony. We had a lakeview room and I knew to expect some mosquitoes. But it was the spiders that were the real issue. They were big and they were creepy and they were out there dangling from the ceiling every single night. Does anyone have any suggestion of anything to spray? I know getting rid of the mosquitoes would help get rid of the spiders so do people just spray "Off"?

And please don't beat me up over this. I know it's FL and I know it's September. I just really have a tremendous fear of big spiders. So, if anyone has any suggestion, I'd love to hear it!

When we stayed at BLT, LV in 2011, our balcony was covered in bugs. Spiders, yes...but all kinds of creepy crawlies. We had a lot of rain that trip, so I never bothered calling to complain...but looking back, I should have. I agree that it's Florida, etc....but we're talking bugs, not the little lizards that run around everywhere. I really think that at least every couple of days those balconies should be cleaned up.

We were at BLT for a week in June, and there were no bugs on either balcony of our 2 bedroom villa. Maybe they are seasonal?

We were at BLT for a week in June, and there were no bugs on either balcony of our 2 bedroom villa. Maybe they are seasonal?

Hmm, you'd think June would have been a bad time too. Our balcony was just covered at night. Like the pp mentioned, we also had a lot of rain last September when we were there.

A friend of ours stayed there a few years back in July and said they found ants in the kitchen.

We didn't see any ants in the kitchen and we cooked in there daily. We didn't even have a problem with bugs in the room except when you opened the sliding doors at night. The mosquitoes flew in and we had one BIG spider try to come in.

I was just hoping someone had some great suggestion of something we could spray out there. Something we could take on the plane. Not sure Raid would be allowed???

I would call maintenance. I would expect that they would send someone to your room to take care of the bugs.

I also think you should be able to take a can of Raid in your checked luggage, if you don't want to bother with maintenance.

I would call maintenance. I would expect that they would send someone to your room to take care of the bugs.

I also think you should be able to take a can of Raid in your checked luggage, if you don't want to bother with maintenance.

We live in Florida and have a service maintain our home for pests. Spiders are the only creepy crawler that there is no effective pesticide. Brushing down the webs and stepping on spiders are about the only way to eliminate them.

I would be careful using Raid on a balcony. Not sure your neighbors beside or below you would appreciate this.

Laura

stepping on spiders are about the only way to eliminate them.
lesson learned:
just don't step on the fat ones - they may be pregnant. nothing like having what looks like a gazillion little spiders squirting out all over :scared:

btw, i screamed "DANCE", and all six of us bounced around DF's kitchen....weird/scary then, but pretty funny in hindsight :rolleyes1

I would be careful using Raid on a balcony. Not sure your neighbors beside or below you would appreciate this.

Laura

I agree. We weren't really interested in taking or spraying Raid. We prefer natural solutions that wouldn't be toxic and would just keep the creepy crawlers away. I'm gonna research some natural options that we could safely take and use.

Just at BLT...no problem with bugs on bacony....but we were on the 16th floor...;)

Just at BLT...no problem with bugs on bacony....but we were on the 16th floor...;)

Oh lucky, lucky!! I guess we could try requesting a higher room. We were on the 5th floor, LV which I guess may have just been too convenient for the bugs. I did love the convenience of the skywalk being on our floor :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter