Bug Situation in Dec?

jwill

Hockey playing Fly Boy
I will be staying at FW for the first time in mid Dec. My question is how will the bugs be? Will I need bug spray and citronella candles?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3-87 Offsite
7-87 Offsite
7-00 DL
7-01 Poly
7-02 WL
Dec FW

Also wondering-----I'm in hopes they spray for those pests. We never have any in the winter months--but not sure of how low the temp needs to get to kill them off. Any way ---Anyone know have any info? PattyN

I know they do spray for them.
I think it will not be bad at all. It won't hurt to bring some alone.

Hi! Bring it along however you probably won't need it. We camped in Dec 2000 and never used it. You might want to bring different seasons of clothes. The temps range from shorts during the day to light sweaters in the evening. Have a great time! It was our first time then too and it was the most amazing vacation we have ever been on. We are going back Dec 2003! We love that time of year!

The only bite I ever received at WDW was in December-- mosquito bite at AK. However, we stayed four days at Ft. Wilderness cabins in June 2001 and didn't use bug repellant and didn't experience a single bite.

I would bring along a can-- just in case-- but I don't think you'll need it. WDW does an amazing job of keeping the bugs down in Ft. Wilderness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter