Buffets

Family style dining to me = Reduced offerings, longer waits for refills and replenishing all at an equal cost or as it now seems to be, more expensive. Can't say I'm a fan of buffets with the exception of Boma, Tusker House (breakfast) and Crystal Palace (breakfast), but family style for me is a big NO.

I"m just trying to wrap my head around family style dining,

"Family style" dining in most restaurants means they bring the food to your table on several serving platters and then everyone at your table helps themselves. Before covid, O'hana had what I consider a type of family style dining. Typically they refill the platters if you want more. Much like refilling your beverage glass.

Rumors on some blog I don't consider a reliable source of information. I would look more for official statements from Disney regarding their dining arrangements and timing to reopen.

Thanks for the responses, we've had to reschedule until April 2022, I guess there is time for things to change, good or bad.

octoad said:

One of the first restaurants to popularize family style dining in the NYC area was (and remains) a place called Carmine’s.
One order of say lasagna served 4 and that’s the way all their dishes were brought to the table. Waitstaff would make a point of informing guests of this so you didn’t over order. This is a not a variation on buffets though as there were no refills once the platter was empty. Still the average guest was sated and take out containers brought to the table for the inevitable leftovers.

octoad said:

One of the first restaurants to popularize family style dining in the NYC area was (and remains) a place called Carmine’s.
One order of say lasagna served 4 and that’s the way all their dishes were brought to the table. Waitstaff would make a point of informing guests of this so you didn’t over order. This is a not a variation on buffets though as there were no refills once the platter was empty. Still the average guest was sated and take out containers brought to the table for the inevitable leftovers.

Ah, I haven’t dined at Carmine’s in many years…the food was so good! My favorite dish was the pasta with house-made sausage and broccoli in tomato sauce mmmmmm…..

:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter