Budget-saving option - switching room types after PIF

MomOTwins

The Mommy Fairy
Hi everyone,

This may be old news to some but I didn't realize this was possible until today when I called DCL and found out it was. We are after PIF for our summer 2020 cruise on the Dream and in the event it is not cancelled (I know, I know, it probably will be), we have been looking at ways to trim our budget given everything that has been happening. It turns out that even though it is after PIF, we could still downgrade room types (in our case, from family verandah to family oceanview) and get a full refund of the difference in price put back on our credit card. We were also able to keep our placeholder discount, and our original booking day pricing on the new room. Just wanted to share in case others were in the same situation.

P.S. I had zero wait to speak to a customer service rep, so phone lines seem to have normalized in case anyone else is thinking of calling in but worried about hold times.

Just a reminder too, that if it is on the same cruise the rate you'll be paying should be the same as that room category would have been on the day you booked it.

Just a reminder too, that if it is on the same cruise the rate you'll be paying should be the same as that room category would have been on the day you booked it.
I was wondering about that. As long as it is on the same cruise, right? I am wanting to upgrade one of our cabins from an 11B to a 11A and I should just pay the difference of it of what it was on my original booking date?

I was wondering about that. As long as it is on the same cruise, right? I am wanting to upgrade one of our cabins from an 11B to a 11A and I should just pay the difference of it of what it was on my original booking date?
Yep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter