• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Budget rental thru UCT-Can I go straight to garage with Fastbreak?

princetonsmom

Earning My Ears
I jumped on a rental car for our trip in June but see that there are long waits. Can I skip the line with Fastbreak or does my reservation need my Fastbreak information? Please help.....

Your Budget Fastbreak number needs to be associated with your reservation. I believe there is not a way to do this from within the UCT portal when booking, and there have been mixed reports from people that have tried to call and have it added after the booking. The price you pay for booking through UCT may very well be that you have to wait in line and listen to their upsell pitch for insurance and toll coverage.

I jumped on a rental car for our trip in June but see that there are long waits. Can I skip the line with Fastbreak or does my reservation need my Fastbreak information? Please help.....
Hi! Wondering if you found a way to skip the line? I booked booked Budget through UCT and was wondering. Also, did you get to choose your car (as I believe you do with Alamo)? Thanks!

Hi! Wondering if you found a way to skip the line? I booked booked Budget through UCT and was wondering. Also, did you get to choose your car (as I believe you do with Alamo)? Thanks!
We tried in July - we could link our UT reservation to the Budget website, but we couldn’t link our FB number to it online. We chatted with Budget and were told that would mean modifying a third-party reservation, and they couldn’t do it. So we ended up going to the counter in the terminal. Fortunately, the line was almost nonexistent, so checkin didn’t take long. We did not get to choose our car. BTW the other times we’ve rented from Budget at MCO, via Costco, we were able to link our FB number and go straight to the garage, but our car was assigned, we had no choice.

We tried in July - we could link our UT reservation to the Budget website, but we couldn’t link our FB number to it online. We chatted with Budget and were told that would mean modifying a third-party reservation, and they couldn’t do it. So we ended up going to the counter in the terminal. Fortunately, the line was almost nonexistent, so checkin didn’t take long. We did not get to choose our car. BTW the other times we’ve rented from Budget at MCO, via Costco, we were able to link our FB number and go straight to the garage, but our car was assigned, we had no choice.
We're in the same boat coming up on 10/15. Found a mini van for 381 for 6 days and 23 hours...Anywhere else was 900 plus. I guess to save that I'll have to wait....Do you know do they have kiosks instead of doing the huge line for budget.

We're in the same boat coming up on 10/15. Found a mini van for 381 for 6 days and 23 hours...Anywhere else was 900 plus. I guess to save that I'll have to wait....Do you know do they have kiosks instead of doing the huge line for budget.
The line was essentially nonexistent when we checked in (on a Friday afternoon in July, around 4 PM), so we didn’t look for a kiosk, sorry.

I had the same issue in May. Tried to go straight to the garage, was told there I would have to call and have them add the FB number. Phone rep said couldn't do it because it would be modifying a 3rd party reservation. Fortunately the counter line was short on a Saturday early afternoon, although I did have to go through denying all the random stuff they throw at you. I got a bit annoyed with the rep and told him just deny everything and give me my car! I like not having to deal with a person and the insurance sells.

Thanks for updating, we go this weekend and we’re trying to figure out fast break
How did you book? If you used UCT there is nothing to figure out, you can't combine Fast Break with UCT. I've used Fast Break when booking through Priceline, but you have to enter the Fast Break number when booking, it can't be added after the fact.

We had seriously the worst experience with Budget at MCO that I refuse to rent from them again in the future regardless of cost savings - it isnt worth it to me! I downloaded the Budget app and made sure my reservation was linked. Signed up for FastBreak and did all of the necessary legwork to get everything up and running. Saved license and credit card. Checked in online. Still waited over an hour in line at the Fast Break kiosk in the parking garage because they were out of cars and didn't have anyone's stuff ready. Prior to that rental I had rented from Budget at MCO probably 3 or 4 other times, never once was my paperwork waiting in the stand when I arrived... Obviously your experience may be different but they don't seem reliable to have anything ready to go, and if timing is bad you may end up waiting longer than you would like while on vacation! Since then have had good experiences with both Alamo and Enterprise, rates are usually higher than Budget but using Costco it usually isn't that bad and worth it to me to have a car be waiting on arrival. Hope this helps!!

We had seriously the worst experience with Budget at MCO that I refuse to rent from them again in the future regardless of cost savings - it isnt worth it to me! I downloaded the Budget app and made sure my reservation was linked. Signed up for FastBreak and did all of the necessary legwork to get everything up and running. Saved license and credit card. Checked in online. Still waited over an hour in line at the Fast Break kiosk in the parking garage because they were out of cars and didn't have anyone's stuff ready. Prior to that rental I had rented from Budget at MCO probably 3 or 4 other times, never once was my paperwork waiting in the stand when I arrived... Obviously your experience may be different but they don't seem reliable to have anything ready to go, and if timing is bad you may end up waiting longer than you would like while on vacation! Since then have had good experiences with both Alamo and Enterprise, rates are usually higher than Budget but using Costco it usually isn't that bad and worth it to me to have a car be waiting on arrival. Hope this helps!!
When was this?

This thread is scaring me as I'm picking up a Budget Fast Break Car (via Costco) very soon at MCO for the FIRST time.. Always took Magical Express to Disney or picked up Budget in Cape Canaveral (but much more expensive now).

Could someone please tell me where I would go after getting off United in Terminal B? Picking up luggage on in baggage in Terminal B, then where to go?

I appreciate any help given.

This thread is scaring me as I'm picking up a Budget Fast Break Car (via Costco) very soon at MCO for the FIRST time.. Always took Magical Express to Disney or picked up Budget in Cape Canaveral (but much more expensive now).

Could someone please tell me where I would go after getting off United in Terminal B? Picking up luggage on in baggage in Terminal B, then where to go?

I appreciate any help given.
After getting your bags, you'll go down one level, out the door and across the street to the garage. Budget is on the second floor of the garage, if everything was set up right, your contract should be in the stand next to the little hut. From there go to your car and drive out. If you have any problems you can go to the little hut and they should be able to get it fixed for you.

After getting your bags, you'll go down one level, out the door and across the street to the garage. Budget is on the second floor of the garage, if everything was set up right, your contract should be in the stand next to the little hut. From there go to your car and drive out. If you have any problems you can go to the little hut and they should be able to get it fixed for you.
Thank you SO much!!!

Picked up UCT Budget rental at MCO yesterday. Sadly, I didn't read this thread before going directly to FastBreak. I was told I needed to return to the counter for my rental because the UCT bookings cannot be linked to FastBreak. I called the 800-customer service number prior to returning to the counter, and they confirmed it could not be linked.

Picked up UCT Budget rental at MCO yesterday. Sadly, I didn't read this thread before going directly to FastBreak. I was told I needed to return to the counter for my rental because the UCT bookings cannot be linked to FastBreak. I called the 800-customer service number prior to returning to the counter, and they confirmed it could not be linked.
Same experience I had. Still considering what to do for my next rental. I am used to Alamo through Costco and skipping the counter. Have to decide how much extra it is worth !

We booked Budget with Fastbreak through Costco. Counter was not busy so we stopped and were told our car was ready in the garage. So, for us it worked!

Just wanted to update my earlier question of how to do Fast Break at MCO as I was extremely nervous about it. In the past, always picked up car at Cape Canaveral (simple) but this year car much more expensive at CC so chose MCO. Never did before.

I sincerely appreciated all the help kind Disers gave me and wanted to say it worked out perfectly. Found the garage, found the Budget kiosk, picked a car from 4 available with their hood up so we knew where to choose from and everyone from Budget was very nice.
The hardest part was trying to figure out how to get out of the garage! Ha. It was actually comical as we went round and round INSIDE the garage. Once outside, we found what we wanted... 428 to Cocoa Beach where we were snowbirding and going back and forth to Disney at will.

Anyway, Thank you again to the repliers to my questions.
It helped more than you know. Feel far more confident for next time.

PS: Reservation was made through Costco. Had no problems whatsoever using Fast Break.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter