Budget hotels near parks for student?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
Are there any budget hotels near the parks anyone could recommend? (That might also have shuttles to the parks.) This would be for a single person on the end of a study abroad. Would also need to be easily reached from a train station (Luggage!). Thank you!

I went to Tokyo quite a few years back as a single traveler on a budget, and recently returned with a family of four and a little more disposable income. I have to say, there are no hotels right near Disney that I'd consider budget, especially for a single traveller. You'd be hard pressed to find anything for under about $200 US, however, they are very nice hotels if you want a splurge.

When I tackled Tokyo on my own, I found the youth hostels in downtown Tokyo to be very good value and very clean and safe. The Tokyo Metro is amazing; once you've figured it out it's only about 45 minutes to Disney and costs about $5. If you could leave your luggage at your accommodation downtown it would be fairly quick and easy.

Hello. I’m a little confused. If you’re studying here, you should know how to use takkyubin so that luggage would not be an issue. Has your study abroad not started yet & you are simply planning very far ahead?

I think you should do a search on a site like hotels.com to find something that fits your requirements. MyStays Maihama is relatively cheap and easily accessible from Maihama station. Most people are fine staying at business hotels at or near a station along the Keiyo line (the APA near Hatchobori is always full of Disney guests but I like Unizo Inns more). If you're really on a budget, you should look into hostels, capsule hotels and single room AirBnB. It's also easier to offer suggestions if you could provide concrete numbers for price, travel time to the parks, etc.

Hello. I’m a little confused. If you’re studying here, you should know how to use takkyubin so that luggage would not be an issue. Has your study abroad not started yet & you are simply planning very far ahead?

They could be doing a study abroad in another nearby country and want to stop by in Tokyo to do Disney. I don't think they specified they were doing study abroad in Japan.

They could be doing a study abroad in another nearby country and want to stop by in Tokyo to do Disney. I don't think they specified they were doing study abroad in Japan.
That would make more sense! Didn't even think of that.

Alternatively, because they're a student asking about budget hotels, they want to save as much as possible on the shipping costs. I think for larger luggage sizes, it would cost twice as much to ship as it would to carry it and store at the parks (700 yen).

MyStays Maihama is walking distance to the parks and also to Maihama station which you can use to reach the city.

https://www.mystays.com/en-us/hotel-mystays-maihama-chiba/
This is where my family of 4 stayed in November for 5 nights. It was a great hotel for us and from our room on the 7th floor corner, we could see the fireworks from our room window and could see Mt. Prometheus from the outside hallway. There is shuttle bus service to the station and the parks at the beginning and end of the day (but it's much faster to walk to both parks, or if you are going to Disneyland, get off the bus at Mahaima station and walk from there -- for Disneyland, the bus goes around the long way and parks in the regular parking lot, resulting in a long walk back to the entrance of the park)

I looked on Google Maps, and there \is a Flexstay Inn Shin-Urayasu for $48 (depends on your dates, of course).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!