Budget Buster: Family Wedding! Advice Please...

Princesca

<3 Pink sugar heart attack! <3
So my brother in law has decided to get married late fall 2012 in Turks and Caicos. Lovely place, excited to go, but it's going to cost a fair bit, counting airfare, the room, my DH's attire for the wedding, a wedding gift, and food/incidentals.

We're looking at sharing a 2 br with my in-laws, so we'd have a full kitchen in that case... I want to stay at the resort where the wedding will be, so I don't have much wiggle room there.

Any tips/tricks for saving on airfare, food, incidentals to/in a locale like that?

We went to Turks and Caicos last year, and all we saw of the island was whatever was between the airport and our resort (Beaches). It is a very small island, but from what we saw, it didn't look like the island had a large variety of Americanized places to shop. All of the grocery stores that we passed looked like what you would find in America attached to a gas station - not exactly budget friendly. But on the plus side, the island was heavenly.

Track air fare costs with yapta .com.

It is free and once you have purchased your tickets they will keep tracking it for you and if the price drops, certain airlines will give you the difference in a voucher to use on another flight.

I use this to look at air price trends for dates I want to travel.

Contact the resort and find out if they are offering reduced rate for family of the bride groom. If not find out how many rooms you need to book to get a group discount. Then see if you can get your family to join together to do a room block. Also see if the resort is all inclusive do they offer package rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter