Buddy Pass / Roo Pass

disneychrista

DIS Veteran
So I am deep into my Solo trip and just learned of the Buddy Pass at Monsters Inc and Roo Pass at Pooh. My question is are these ONLY available to groups of 2 people or can I, as a solo traveler, use them as well.

So I am deep into my Solo trip and just learned of the Buddy Pass at Monsters Inc and Roo Pass at Pooh. My question is are these ONLY available to groups of 2 people or can I, as a solo traveler, use them as well.
Or a group of three if you're fine with going in two or three separate vehicles.

I used the Buddy Pass as a solo traveler last July. Sometimes it’s a short wait and sometimes it was a bit long, but still shorter than the standby line.

Are Monsters & Pooh the only attractions that offer this? Some older posts mention Toy Story and one other attraction might also offer similar passes.

What is this? I haven’t heard of it. Thanks
My understanding is that for the two rides mentioned (Monsters & Pooh) you can ask the entrance CM if they are doing buddy pass. Then you go through the exit and then you will be put in the back to fill it up.

My understanding is that for the two rides mentioned (Monsters & Pooh) you can ask the entrance CM if they are doing buddy pass. Then you go through the exit and then you will be put in the back to fill it up.
We have never asked for a Buddy Pass; it has always been pixie dust from CMs.

We asked for a Buddy Pass at Monsters on our last trip. The CM’s eyes darted around for a moment and she asked us quietly “Just you two?” After affirming it was only us, she pulled a pass out from a hidden pocket and gave it to us secretly while looking around again. The entire thing felt like an illegal drug transaction.

I believe they want to keep the whole thing on the down-low because if it became well-known it would get overrun and ineffective. You would also get parties splitting up which they don’t want.

I'm not sure I understand the need. The lines for those rides usually aren't very long.

So it's basically a single-rider system but at rides that don't have a separate entrance for solo riders so they had to come up with another way to work singles into the mix?

So it's basically a single-rider system but at rides that don't have a separate entrance for solo riders so they had to come up with another way to work singles into the mix?
Basically but for (up to) two guests.

I'm not sure I understand the need. The lines for those rides usually aren't very long.
Now that Monsters has Lightening Lane the stand-by wait is crazy. Same for Little Mermaid. Why they added LL to attractions that really had not need is beyond me.

Now that Monsters has Lightening Lane the stand-by wait is crazy. Same for Little Mermaid. Why they added LL to attractions that really had not need is beyond me.
The Little Mermaid line may look long, but because it is continuously boarding, it actually moves quickly. We rode it a couple weeks ago. The standby line stretched out to where the food booths were, yet it took less than 10 min to get on the ride.

The Little Mermaid line may look long, but because it is continuously boarding, it actually moves quickly. We rode it a couple weeks ago. The standby line stretched out to where the food booths were, yet it took less than 10 min to get on the ride.
I’ve seen the post wait time at 45 minutes since I started checking.

I’ve seen the post wait time at 45 minutes since I started checking.
Yes, my point is that the posted time is often off. I think it was listed as 30 min when we got in line. I know because we were waiting for the LNY booths to open at 10:30. We got in line just before 10, thinking that we could go on the ride and then purchase from the LNY booths before park hoppers entered at 11. We made our way through the queue, rode the ride and were off by 10:15.

Yes, my point is that the posted time is often off. I think it was listed as 30 min when we got in line. I know because we were waiting for the LNY booths to open at 10:30. We got in line just before 10, thinking that we could go on the ride and then purchase from the LNY booths before park hoppers entered at 11. We made our way through the queue, rode the ride and were off by 10:15.
Yes the posted times are often off both ways. But the fact that Mermaid can even get to 45 minutes is because of LL. Used to be never more than 20.

As some else mentioned, it is for two people, not singles. The reason is because the ride vehicles have three rows of 2/3 so they often end up with an empty back row.

As some else mentioned, it is for two people, not singles. The reason is because the ride vehicles have three rows of 2/3 so they often end up with an empty back row.
But singles can still take advantage of it correct? Wouldn't make sense for them not to.

Dad and I God willing are planning to go to DL in May. I haven't been to the park since May, 2019. is a Buddy Pass/Roo Pass something you get from a machine at Pooh's entrance? Pre Covid, the line never seemed to take that long at least in comparison to Dumbo, for example! Thank you everyone and sweet dreams pooh:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter