Bubble wands still easy to find?

KTwiegs

Mouseketeer
My favorite "keep the child happy in lines etc" toy will forever be the bubble wand.
Are they still easy to find in disney?
wondering if I should pre purchase and bring with...
thanks!

Just got back from our week long trip to the World. I can say that every store had the Mickey Santa bubble wand as well as a generic red Mickey one. There were also carts selling them seemingly every 5 feet throughout the park. Some stands (we saw it mostly in AK) had Little Mermaid ones that also played music when turned on.

Just an FYI, my daughters ran out of battery in about 2 hours after purchase. The batteries that come in them might not be the freshest. The gift shop at our resort had the batteries and screwdriver to assist us with changing them. The replacement batteries are still going strong on day 8. Every bubble stand/cart sold refill bubble solution for $2.

Too easy. My daughter asked for them daily. We got one, but they suck. That is all. They are worse than balloons for us.

And when you order some groceries, add a quart of bubble solution to the list. Will save you about $50 instead of tiny little bottles from disney.

We got Xmas and regular Mickey yesterday at Magic Kingdom…plenty at Hollywood Studios today also. I believe two wands and two refill bubbles were $68.

My favorite "keep the child happy in lines etc" toy will forever be the bubble wand.
Are they still easy to find in disney?
wondering if I should pre purchase and bring with...
thanks!

When we were there in November, you couldn't pass a child who didn't have one! So yes, they must be easy to find them. But buying them in advance and bringing with would save quite a bit of money, so I would suggest that.

As an adult traveling without small children, I hate those things. I would like to be able to walk from Point A to Point B without having bubbles blown in my face, or at my cell phone if it's not in my bag.

I realize the perspective is different if you are trying to entertain your children while waiting in line.

As an adult traveling without small children, I hate those things. I would like to be able to walk from Point A to Point B without having bubbles blown in my face, or at my cell phone if it's not in my bag.

I realize the perspective is different if you are trying to entertain your children while waiting in line.
Also, the bubble soap is very hard to get off prescription eyeglasses. Hard to avoid when standing in line.

They were everywhere last week and although I understand the appeal to parents and their children I would request that they be used with some discretion. We spent a lot of time walking in "clouds" of bubbles which do not easily come off of glasses or cell phone screens. More than once we "finished" a snack early when the food was covered by a cloud of bubbles. It is not appetizing (and maybe not even all that safe).

I have hated those things for years, and even though I'm a Grandma of preschoolers now who would probably love one, I have to confess that I still do hate them (the bubble wands, not my grandkids, lol).

I don't know how many times I've walked in a cloud of unrelenting bubbles behind a stroller where the child was just kind of holding the bubble wand out to the side, not seeming to be paying any attention to it, and therefore getting no enjoyment out of it at that moment.

Dang, this makes me sound grumpy.

Please do not let your children use these things while standing in lines. It's bad enough that they are everywhere in the parks, but at least you can attempt to swerve and avoid them so the soap does not get in your eyes, mouth, food, etc. In lines, you have no choice. I personally think they should be banned. Or at least sold without the soap to be filled once you get home.

Please do not let your children use these things while standing in lines. It's bad enough that they are everywhere in the parks, but at least you can attempt to swerve and avoid them so the soap does not get in your eyes, mouth, food, etc. In lines, you have no choice. I personally think they should be banned. Or at least sold without the soap to be filled once you get home.

While I agree that in a line, it's definitely annoying to have bubbles flying in your eyes, that is never going to happen. No one would buy a $30 bubble wand to carry around Disney with no bubbles. LOL!

ok maybe in line wasn't exactly what I meant. more of a happy distractor for kids through the park. Where I have some sympathy for the slight annoyance of bubbles in the park, it makes kids so happy. And we have some amazing memories of other guests interacting with our child because of the bubbles.
i love the bubble wands... and they are kids at disney world... bubbles are a great addition.
also I bought some cheaper ones from amazon. thanks for the $$ info.

We found the bubbles to be very annoying. Yes, the kids love them, but the adults should give them guidance. The parents watched, and even encouraged, the kids to point the bubbles at everyone walking, standing, or sitting near by. The bubbles covered everything and burned when they got in your eyes.

After our time at WDW, we went to UO/IOA and guess what? Hardly any bubbles. The difference was so obvious! And so refreshing to be able to exist at the parks without clouds of bubbles.

I guess I never realized that these bubble wands were so hated by some. I have never noticed the bubbles to be coming out of the wands in as such great volume as described in some of these posts, but that is just my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter