• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BTMR Refurb?

arasekim

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know of a refurb starting 7/16-undetermined? Hope it will be back up for our trip in September!

We get there on 7/14. I guess we'll make sure to get it in as much as we can for the two days before it goes down.

Agreed! Refurbs in the middle of summer is not very logical and BTMR's capacity is pretty decent too!

There's pretty much something down every month of the year now. Too many attractions and too much maintenance and updating and constructing these days to not do it that way I would think. Tough to have everything down at once during the slower times too since you need to have enough up and running to not terribly disappoint "off-season" guests and not so much work going on at once that you can't get the people in there to get it done in a timely fashion.

Just noticed BTMRR slated to close for refurb Jul 16 with no opening date announced. Has there been chatter about this, like if it’s a big or small refurb? Just seems weird to see them take down such a big attraction mid-summer, maybe some work needs to be done when it’s dry & hot out or something? (When I rode in Mar it admittedly needed some TLC in a variety of places.)

That’s weird. The calendar only goes out to the 22nd, so that’s not even a week confirmed.

I’d think it must be something urgent but they are going to wait until after the initial rush of crowds coming for the PP opening. DL doesn’t do routine maintenance in the summer typically.

In the years I’ve been going to DL it feels like Big Thunder has been closed more than it’s been open. I just look at it as a pleasant surprise if it happens to be running.

In the years I’ve been going to DL it feels like Big Thunder has been closed more than it’s been open. I just look at it as a pleasant surprise if it happens to be running.
You’ve been really unlucky! We are AP’s and almost never encounter it down except for planned maintenance.

I’m also counting that refurb that went months and months over when they installed the new track and effects. It was down nearly 2 years wasn’t it? Felt like it anyway.

I’m also counting that refurb that went months and months over when they installed the new track and effects. It was down nearly 2 years wasn’t it? Felt like it anyway.
Lol no not two years! Only 14 months.

I just called Disneyland the CM said it will reopen the 27th of July! Just a little short one! Yay!

Yay! Hope this info holds! It's the only coaster DD7 likes and we're headed down the weekend of the 28th/29th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter