Brown Derby with kids

Meldev

DIS Veteran
Anyone take their kids to HBD and did they enjoy it?

My girls love steak - but wondering if I can order without the sauce/mushrooms for them?

Also, since we're not on dining plan, can my DD10 order a child's appetizer (chicken soup) and an adult entree?

TIA

Yes my kids loved it.
One is a picky eater, two are not.
We frequently order custom items from menus (with sauce on side, with no sauce).
As far as ordering off of the kids menu for the chicken soup, I haven't done that but I don't see why not. One restaurant my very picky son only wanted the kids mac n cheese (he was 10 at the time) so he got an adult sized portion of the kids menu item. It was more expensive then the kids menu but not by much. I think it was a restaurant in Epcot but I can't remember which one - Coral Reef maybe???

I cant give much detail because I haven't been in years but I know my parents took my sister and I when we were young.

Yes, my DS8 has eaten there many times throughout the years and we all love it. Your DD will have no problem asking for no sauce on her steak and should have no problem ordering the chicken soup. In fact, the last time we were there in December, we overheard some adults at the table next to us ordering the kids' chicken soup as their appetizer.

My mom is alway cold (even in the summer heat) and she has many times ordered the kid's soup as an appetizer in many of the restaurant that have it on the menu. Note we never use the DDP so don't know if that makes a difference

This is great info - thank you!

I see many of you are repeat customers, must mean it's good! Our favorite meal during our 2014 trip was Mama Melrose, so I'm anxious to try HBD.

My DD6 loved it. We will definitely go again next trip. And as a signature restaurant they will be more than happy to customise your plate.

Best wishes
Sencybil.

We took our kids to HBD our last trip (they were 6, 3, and 1mo) and they enjoyed the food - as did we. Only thing, the meal took quite a while (we were seating 45 mins past our ADR and then the meal itself took ~2 hours, so all in pushing 3 hours from when we entered the restaurant) so they were getting a bit restless by the end and we did break out the phones for them to play on for a bit

Thank you - depending on our day I think we're going to go for it! Now just waiting for my DD's state competition date so I can put my plans into action!

We love HBD, but haven't dined there with small children. My only concern about taking kids there would be that they might get bored as it's not a wham-bam & out the door sort of restaurant. Pleased to hear that many children enjoy it. :)

Another vote for love it. (Been going since they were 4 & 1) but I will say, my kids like to eat! (and relax)

Anyone take their kids to HBD and did they enjoy it?

My girls love steak - but wondering if I can order without the sauce/mushrooms for them?

Also, since we're not on dining plan, can my DD10 order a child's appetizer (chicken soup) and an adult entree?

TIA

Yes, the Brown Derby is great and very accommodating. The great thing about not being on the dining plan is that you can order whatever you want! Last time we went to HBD, my daughter was 11 and declared their chicken soup the best she ever had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter