Brought Home a Disney Souvenir- COVID

I’m leaving for Europe Monday. I hope I can avoid it.
If you can …wear a KN95 mask in the airport and on the flight there. Even if you take breaks for a drink or a quick meal…it’s worth it to limit the time you may be exposed.

I was in a grocery store today and saw several people wearing masks. Personally….I wouldn’t mind catching it on the way back, but don’t want to be sick on vacation, particularly abroad. Hope you avoid covid…and have a great trip!

If you can …wear a KN95 mask in the airport and on the flight there. Even if you take breaks for a drink or a quick meal…it’s worth it to limit the time you may be exposed.

I was in a grocery store today and saw several people wearing masks. Personally….I wouldn’t mind catching it on the way back, but don’t want to be sick on vacation, particularly abroad. Hope you avoid covid…and have a great trip!

Just my 2 cents here on masks. I spent the better part of 2021/2022 wearing KN95s. I wear glasses and it became very apparent to me that the KN95 was not providing good coverage. Sure, when you breath in it "sucks in" and seems like it is (I think there's a term for that), but based on how much my glasses were fogging, even with a nose piece, I was suspect. If I didn't wear glasses, I'd have no clue. When I flew out from east to west coast, I finally got off my cheap side and bought a 3M Aura N95 mask. To be honest, I do *not* like the head straps versus ear loops, but damn, that mask fits well and is way more comfortable that any brand of KN95s I had. My glasses *never* fog which tells me I have a good seal, and it's got great breathability.

If anyone is truly concerned about having to wear one a long time and be comfortable, I'd highly recommend these. Again the head straps, which are like wide rubber bands, aren't my favorite. There is a higher level model that has more comfortable head straps though.

Just my 2 cents here on masks. I spent the better part of 2021/2022 wearing KN95s. I wear glasses and it became very apparent to me that the KN95 was not providing good coverage. Sure, when you breath in it "sucks in" and seems like it is (I think there's a term for that), but based on how much my glasses were fogging, even with a nose piece, I was suspect. If I didn't wear glasses, I'd have no clue. When I flew out from east to west coast, I finally got off my cheap side and bought a 3M Aura N95 mask. To be honest, I do *not* like the head straps versus ear loops, but damn, that mask fits well and is way more comfortable that any brand of KN95s I had. My glasses *never* fog which tells me I have a good seal, and it's got great breathability.

If anyone is truly concerned about having to wear one a long time and be comfortable, I'd highly recommend these. Again the head straps, which are like wide rubber bands, aren't my favorite. There is a higher level model that has more comfortable head straps though.

I agree, the best protection is going to be with a true N95 with head straps. That‘s what we wore as nurses. The problem is that most people won’t wear them because of the snug fit. I wear reading glasses and have had better luck with some KN95s over others, but for sure, if you’re fogging up your glasses, it’s not a great seal. It’s still better than a 3 ply surgical mask or a cloth mask.

I agree, the best protection is going to be with a true N95 with head straps. That‘s what we wore as nurses. The problem is that most people won’t wear them because of the snug fit. I wear reading glasses and have had better luck with some KN95s over others, but for sure, if you’re fogging up your glasses, it’s not a great seal. It’s still better than a 3 ply surgical mask or a cloth mask.
I was actually surprised how much more comfortable the 3M Aura was over all the various KN95s I had. It doesn't seem like it would be but it was. I had relatively little problem with it wearing it for 7 hours straight. With most of the KN95s, because of their pressure drop, I have a tough time if I'm hustling through the airport and breathing heavy. While it's restricting my airflow, it continues to fog up the glasses BAD so something is not right there.

I was actually surprised how much more comfortable the 3M Aura was over all the various KN95s I had. It doesn't seem like it would be but it was. I had relatively little problem with it wearing it for 7 hours straight. With most of the KN95s, because of their pressure drop, I have a tough time if I'm hustling through the airport and breathing heavy. While it's restricting my airflow, it continues to fog up the glasses BAD so something is not right there.

The Aura is the softer one....not like some of the harder shell masks right? I think it's the straps that bother a lot of people. As for the KN95 you had....there were lots of counterfeit masks floating around during the pandemic. But the likeliest cause for fogging is you just never got a good fit around your nose. I've purchased KN95s that were just too big for my face period....leaked around the lower part of my face.

The Aura is the softer one....not like some of the harder shell masks right? I think it's the straps that bother a lot of people. As for the KN95 you had....there were lots of counterfeit masks floating around during the pandemic. But the likeliest cause for fogging is you just never got a good fit around your nose. I've purchased KN95s that were just too big for my face period....leaked around the lower part of my face.

Yes the Aura is very soft and I got a great seal around the nose. I bought about 20 different types of KN95s, seriously, maybe more and while some were definitely better than others, not ONE time did I get a good seal for my glasses.

I wear glasses. Fog Gone from Optix 55 is your friend. You spray it on your lenses, wait for it to dry, and give your lenses a soft wipe. No fogging at all for the entire day. I had tried many home remedies for foggy glasses while wearing a mask, but this product is the only thing that actually works.

I wear glasses. Fog Gone from Optix 55 is your friend. You spray it on your lenses, wait for it to dry, and give your lenses a soft wipe. No fogging at all for the entire day. I had tried many home remedies for foggy glasses while wearing a mask, but this product is the only thing that actually works.

That's a good tip. I think the reason Christine brought it up might be that foggy glasses indicates that your mask is leaking, in one of the most common places....around the bridge of your nose.

That's a good tip. I think the reason Christine brought it up might be that foggy glasses indicates that your mask is leaking, in one of the most common places....around the bridge of your nose.
Yeah, I realize that.:flower3: I also know that lots of people aren't wearing an approved mask (myself included, I have to admit.)

Yeah, I realize that.:flower3: I also know that lots of people aren't wearing an approved mask (myself included, I have to admit.)

Yup, and we ditched the masks on our May trip to Hawaii. And didn't get Covid. But did in July of 22'...somewhere in Mexico... and adhered to mask wearing on the flights and in airports both ways. I'm thinking we'll at least be wearing masks on our way down to Panama in January as that'll likely be high covid season again. Like others, I don't want to get it. But I really don't want to get in on the way to vacation, especially when out of the country. It just complicates travel a bit more than I'd like.

We were at WDW August 11-13th to attend the first Halloween Party. Stayed at Wilderness Lodge. We came home on the 13th and my husband tested positive on August 16th. My son and I didn't catch it BUT we wore masks on the plane and my husband did not. So I can't say for certain my husband got covid at Disney, it may have been the plane. Covid is everywhere right now (per our doctor). I've never had it but my husband has had it twice now and without antivirals and steroids he would be in the hospital, he gets sick BAD. Glad they have medicines now to assist people.

Two friends just got off an Alaska cruise (Royal Caribbean) and all six in their group got Covid. We just flew to Upstate NY and wore N95 masks. Had a doctors appointment just before our flight and all his staff were wearing 3M Aura style.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter