Brooklynn takes Bella to meet Cinderella! Page 242 Downtown Disney

:rotfl2: Those pictures of Trent and Jarvis are priceless indeed!! What fun you all had!!

I also wish I were going to Downtown Disney today and eating at EoS. The line is always so long there but it moves quickly!

Happy Sunday!

I was soo happy to wake up this morning and not have to work! :woohoo:

I really enjoyed the pics of Trent & Jarvis, they know how to have a good time! They will make great Dad's one day! :thumbsup2

Yeah! shopping pics! I need a Mickey cookie cutter! ;)

*I hope all the DISers who are on trips this week have excellent weather and take lots of pics for us. :goodvibes

Enjoy the time with your "girls" today. :)

Last night was our annual 'Christmas Parade of Lights' and it was so much fun!
I got off work early, rushed home, put on my snowman shirt and we were off.
We like to park and go into the mall prior to and get some dinner at the food court. (New York Fries Poutine) Yummy!
We shopped a bit. Got Webkinz for $5.99!
It was windy and cooler than we thought it would be so I went back into the mall and got some hats and a scarf for Lexi.
I got my DMom an elf hat which she wore....reluctantly...:lmao:
She asked "where's your hat?" I said " they only had one left...:rotfl2:"
I know I'm a sweet daughter to give it to her! :rolleyes1
We listened to Christmas music in the car and made a Walmart stop on the way home.
This officially starts my holiday spirit! :santa:

I'm going to decorate the outside for Christmas today and try very hard to not spend any $$$ ....A.K.A. no shopping! :rotfl:

I just realized that I haven't been to DTD in 8 years :scared1: For some reason we always forget to go :confused3 I'm definitely going next time!!!

I have to go work on a spanish project with my group of 3 people I barely know. We have to do a spanish skit and film it :eek: I'm like you, I prefer to be behind the camera. Then we have to burn it onto a DVD...what I want to know is, why does my teacher assume that we have the right technology for that at home? :confused3 I have the camera, but I need to go get a cable so I can hook it up to my computer. This is way too complicated for a spanish project...Oh well, it's only a couple hours then I can come home and look at Disney pictures to make me feel better ::yes:: But then on tuesday my class gets to watch the DVD...I might be hiding under my desk :rotfl:

I love the DTD pictures. It makes me sad to think my girls were standing with Mr. potato head and buzz exactly 3 days ago.:guilty:
I think I might have to bring some of those soaps home with me next time.
Can't wait for WOD!

Since I am pretty sure I am going to have a six month drought, I'll probably get some kitchen stuff this time, too. I'll probably spend way too much money. Probably more than a spring break trip would even cost! :eek:

I can relate to the six month drought , our last trip was in May 2009 and were planing for the next one to be in December 2010 . We really want to check out all the Christmas stuff , have always gone in the Spring . I got the Mickey cookie cutter on the last trip but was just telling DH I want to get the Ice cube tray to make Jello Jigglers for the kiddies and also would like to get the measuring cups as well :)

Great Update :) Nice detail pictures of the DTD stores :) I was just telling DH that I need to go to Basin next time as well after seeing your pictures and he said last time we were there I asked you if you wanted to go in there and I said no ! LOL I then told him now that I know what they have from your pic's it's a must do ! LOL Yummy pictures from the Earl of Sandwich , boy could I eat there right now . Adorable picture of Brooklyn acting scarred of the sea monster and kudos to Jill for being able to carry 2 at once , could never pull that off myself !

We actually didn't end up going to see A Christmas Carol -- we went shopping instead. I am going to see it eventually, because I love A Christmas Carol and the many versions of it.

I can't wait to go back and visit DTD again. The EoS pictures are making me hungry. Just 73 more days! :woohoo:

Jill must be in far better shape than me -- there is no way I could carry two kids at once!

Brooklyn did the acting scared bit very convincingly! ;)

I have that Ginger Bear soap -- it is sitting on my kitchen sink right now since it is my soap of choice for the Christmas season.

I have bought some soaps for gifts, but not for myself. Something tells me that on this trip, knowing I won't be back until July, I am going to go overboard on buying things to get me through. I might get the ginger/bear one for the bathroom, the Florida sunshine for the kitchen, and I might get who knows what else just so I can smell it and pretend I'm in DTD! :laughing:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Downtown Disney Pictures!!!
xxx

Don't you just love walking around and looking at everything. You really could spend the better part of a day shopping, eating, and listening to music down there.

And taking pictures. ;)

Somehow my cottage cheese and protein bar are just not going to taste as good this morning after seeing those yummy sandwiches!

I don't imagine they could compare to a good old Earl's 'sammy'. :goodvibes
I wish that bread could be bought in stores.

i'm so awful. i was thinking, what if memom took a picture of the inside and then got home and looked at her pictures and there was a naked dude streaking by?

by the way, thanks for posting these. i had forgotten all about them and after seeing your pics, i pulled the points for the treehouse villas and they're around 290/night for sunday-thursday. that's not bad. they sleep 9. i'm gonna go look at the floor plans because that's something we could possibly swing for our 2013 trip with margot!

love her "scared" expression. she's quite convincing.

that is so cute! it's so funny to hear how different kids express what they mean. luke used to say he was, "checking it out," if he was sleepy and was nodding off. and my friend lauryn's little girl, kathryn, was singing the other day and didn't know the words to the rest of the song and she said, "that part isn't in my mouth."

those sandwiches at EoS look yummy! ray was just talking about this place the other day. i was talking about all the great restaurants we're gonna try next trip and he goes, "just give me casey's and earl of sandwich and i'm good."

me too! one day i'm gonna take a solo trip and i'm gonna spend hours in here smelling everything and sampling whatever i can. the couple of times i've been in there i was rushed by a boy.

I was hoping to see how they were decorated. Thankfully, I did not see a streaker.

I think it was on the DIS podcast someone reviewed the treehouses and said nine was a little too much. Maybe seven comfortably, I think they said. It would be fun to try them out, though, since it is so different.

Toddler-speak is cute. We'll miss it when Brooklynn pops up one day and says she's tired instead of busy.

Basin isn't a favorite of the guys, I'm sure. Send Ray to the cigar store or the Harley place while you sniff away in Basin. :)

Wonderful Downtown Disney pics! I think Jill must be superwoman! I don't think I could carry both of mine at once! Love the fountain, so peaceful!

I liked that water feature. Wouldn't it be neat to have one like that at home?

And wouldn't it be neat to have a Basin and a Christmas store and a World of Disney at home. too? :laughing:

Great pictures from DTD. Some of those shops weren't there last time we went, so I'm looking forward to exploring them!

It'll be fun. Take pictures to share with us, because we all notice different things.

I can just imagine what was going through her mind....
That man is going to wake up and get me!

My big girls are going to have a blast in here!

The sandwiches look so yummy. I need to figure out a place that I can get a decent sandwich around here today!

She was a bit puzzled by him, since he wasn't a character.

I bet your girls will like TrenD. They have some cute things, but not things I'd wear. I'm too old fogey.

PEEPING_TOM.jpg

I only wanted a peep at the decor.
Just the decor. :thumbsup2

I have the same picture from my trip in Oct!!! Our boat skipper did share that if we ever want to stay in the treehouses, PLEASE CLOSE THE BLINDS. At night, apparently there have been interesting sights.

I'm glad I saw nothing 'interesting', but I wish I could have seen the furniture and pictures and all. I love to look at houses. HGTV is one of my pleasures in life! :)

Oh how I wish I was at DTD today. Sigh. Great pics! I am glad you will do an Oct TR-can't miss out on any of the fun!

I figure it'll be March before we even get started on that one. I hope I have a good memory!

:rotfl2: Those pictures of Trent and Jarvis are priceless indeed!! What fun you all had!!

I also wish I were going to Downtown Disney today and eating at EoS. The line is always so long there but it moves quickly!

Me, too.

Yeah, a newcomer to Earl would be scared, but the line really does go quickly.

Happy Sunday!

I was soo happy to wake up this morning and not have to work!

I really enjoyed the pics of Trent & Jarvis, they know how to have a good time! They will make great Dad's one day!

Yeah! shopping pics! I need a Mickey cookie cutter!

*I hope all the DISers who are on trips this week have excellent weather and take lots of pics for us.

Enjoy the time with your "girls" today. :)

Last night was our annual 'Christmas Parade of Lights' and it was so much fun!
I got off work early, rushed home, put on my snowman shirt and we were off.
We like to park and go into the mall prior to and get some dinner at the food court. (New York Fries Poutine) Yummy!
We shopped a bit. Got Webkinz for $5.99!
It was windy and cooler than we thought it would be so I went back into the mall and got some hats and a scarf for Lexi.
I got my DMom an elf hat which she wore....reluctantly...
She asked "where's your hat?" I said " they only had one left..."
I know I'm a sweet daughter to give it to her! :rolleyes1
We listened to Christmas music in the car and made a Walmart stop on the way home.
This officially starts my holiday spirit! :santa:

I'm going to decorate the outside for Christmas today and try very hard to not spend any $$$ ....A.K.A. no shopping!

Yay for you having a day off!
I hope all your decorating goes well.

Dawn has several pictures up, and Erica has sent me a few messages. It's fun to 'be there', sort of.

I'm trying not to spend money, either, but it's a bad time of year to be too successful at that.

You have to give us a picture of your mom in her hat. :)

I just realized that I haven't been to DTD in 8 years :scared1: For some reason we always forget to go :confused3 I'm definitely going next time!!!

I have to go work on a spanish project with my group of 3 people I barely know. We have to do a spanish skit and film it :eek: I'm like you, I prefer to be behind the camera. Then we have to burn it onto a DVD...what I want to know is, why does my teacher assume that we have the right technology for that at home? I have the camera, but I need to go get a cable so I can hook it up to my computer. This is way too complicated for a spanish project...Oh well, it's only a couple hours then I can come home and look at Disney pictures to make me feel better But then on tuesday my class gets to watch the DVD...I might be hiding under my desk

Oh, me! Yes, you have to go next time!

Good luck with that project. Sounds pretty involved. I'm sure you'll do a great job, though.

And yes, you always have the DIS to come back to for comfort. :thumbsup2

I love the DTD pictures. It makes me sad to think my girls were standing with Mr. potato head and buzz exactly 3 days ago.
I think I might have to bring some of those soaps home with me next time.
Can't wait for WOD!

It's hard letting go, isn't it? I do that for a full week, but when I can no longer say 'this time last week', I know it's officially over. :sad2:

I would like some downtown Disney shopping for the holidays! Jill that take muscle!

Me, too. I hope they have some good sales going when we get there on the 28th!

I can relate to the six month drought , our last trip was in May 2009 and were planing for the next one to be in December 2010 . We really want to check out all the Christmas stuff , have always gone in the Spring . I got the Mickey cookie cutter on the last trip but was just telling DH I want to get the Ice cube tray to make Jello Jigglers for the kiddies and also would like to get the measuring cups as well :)

Great Update :) Nice detail pictures of the DTD stores :) I was just telling DH that I need to go to Basin next time as well after seeing your pictures and he said last time we were there I asked you if you wanted to go in there and I said no ! LOL I then told him now that I know what they have from your pic's it's a must do ! LOL Yummy pictures from the Earl of Sandwich , boy could I eat there right now . Adorable picture of Brooklyn acting scarred of the sea monster and kudos to Jill for being able to carry 2 at once , could never pull that off myself !

I want the measuring cups, too. I don't need any more measuring cups, but I want them. I have picked them up probably fifty times and put them back. :laughing:

You will like Basin. It's a great place to buy gifts. I can't imagine anybody not liking something from there.

I know that I am truly an addict, because I am already stressing about no spring break trip. I have looked at Gatlinburg, but it would not be much cheaper than Disney, since we'd rent a car, still have to pay for a place to stay, and we'd have to pay for things to do. Spring break is just so important to teachers, because our brains are fried after being inside with 20 kids all winter. Getting out in the sunshine and seeing the palm trees and just allowing myself to be a kid is just wonderful in March!!!

If Jill could do a long weekend trip, maybe leave on Friday after school and come back on Monday, I would so go for that! If not, my friend, Kay, might be able to do a mid-week trip, which would be Tues. to Thurs. If not, I'm probably going to spend twice what I'd spend on a Disney trip just trying to make myself not be depressed! :laughing:

We actually didn't end up going to see A Christmas Carol -- we went shopping instead. I am going to see it eventually, because I love A Christmas Carol and the many versions of it.

I can't wait to go back and visit DTD again. The EoS pictures are making me hungry. Just 73 more days! :woohoo:

Did you get anything exciting?

Those Earl sandwiches are good. My favorite is the holiday sandwich.

The Kentucky trip should be ending soon, and I will get to see my little girls this evening. I have the little tree up, but the decorations are waiting on Brooklynn. I want her to hang a few first. We're going to have fun with it and do a Disney-themed evening.

Surprised, right? :)

I pulled out all the strings of lights and have them hanging all over the kitchen, so we have our own Osborne Lights. :laughing:

We'll be dining at Mama Melrose's place - spaghetti and pizza.

The girls will love it.
The boys will call us dorks but be happy for the food.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day!

Good luck with that project. Sounds pretty involved. I'm sure you'll do a great job, though.

And yes, you always have the DIS to come back to for comfort. :thumbsup2

Well, we just got the filming part done! Later tonight, I have to figure out the technology part. Luckily, I have until Tuesday. Right now I need some relaxing DIS time ::yes:: Going along with the Disney theme, I'm currently eating teriyaki chicken wings off of a Minnie Mouse plate :rotfl:

Love that you are having an Osborne Light/Mama Melrose night!

I bought The Princess and the Frog soundtrack at Walmart today -- I think you need it, too, MeMom. It made me smile from start to finish. :goodvibes

Oh my gosh..I have not been on these boards since before Thanksgiving so I had to play catch up again..

LOVE the pics of Brooklynn at the pinkalicious party. She looks so pretty!!
We got picked for the Backlot tour in May..Guess who got soaked with the water:scared1: It was lots of fun but we all participated so got no pics
AW..Pics of my favorite Mod..POFQ!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it there!!!
I love the DTD shopping pics!!

Oh by the way I have LOTS of Mickey PJ's!! Some fleece & some cotton. Would love to join the PJ party!!

We went to see Christmas Carol a few weeks ago. It was great!!:thumbsup2

I know she is in Disney right now..but Congrats to Erica & a having a BOY!!! I love my two & cannot imagine life without them!!

The manager at our Earl of Sandwich in the mall used to be the Manager in Downtown Disney. Everytime I go there and see her, I always say "I'd like to use 1 counter service credit!" and it always makes her laugh.

I love love love Downtown Disney it will always be like the 5th park to me, I have to make sure I visit there at least once during a visit! Mom and I are leaving for POFQ in less than 2 weeks now! I have to go back and show her your POFQ photos (before I look at them myself first of course lol)

Oooh MeMom! Love the DTD pics! Kristen is there RIGHT NOW! Check out the pics I just posted on her PTR!

Hi Memom! I'm so happy that you get to see everyone this afternoon. I can't wait to see pictures of Brooklyn decorating the tree. I'm loving your trip report and can't wait for more. :)

I hope you enjoy your Disney evening, MeMom. It's those small things that keep us going until we can get back to our happy place again!

CP, you are really going to make me buy that soundtrack between the DIS and facebook. :rotfl2:

Update on my Spanish project technology! I got the right cable for getting my videos from the video camera onto the computer. I've been wanting to get one of those since I got this camera...3 and a half years ago! This project gave me an excuse! I'm SOOOO excited! :woohoo: I finally figured it out! Now I can get all of my Disney vacation videos on the computer AND onto the blank DVD's we bought...after I finish my Spanish project of course :rolleyes1 I have so many tapes lying around that are getting a little fuzzy just from sitting around so now I can preserve them on my computer ::yes::

I'm very impressed with my ability to keep a video camera alive for 3 and a half years. I'm the designated camera woman for our Disney trips. Whenever I let my mom use the camera...well when I watch the tape later I think there's an earthquake going on :lmao:

The Kentucky trip should be ending soon, and I will get to see my little girls this evening. I have the little tree up, but the decorations are waiting on Brooklynn. I want her to hang a few first. We're going to have fun with it and do a Disney-themed evening.

Surprised, right? :)

I pulled out all the strings of lights and have them hanging all over the kitchen, so we have our own Osborne Lights. :laughing:

We'll be dining at Mama Melrose's place - spaghetti and pizza.

The girls will love it.
The boys will call us dorks but be happy for the food.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day!

I love your themed parties and Disney food and decorations! You are super creative!!! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter