• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

broken arm

kra0125

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

Getting ready for our trip in a couple of weeks and my son just broke his arm. He is in cast from the tips of his fingers to the middle of his forearm. Will this prevent his from going on any rides? I called guest services and the answer was "it shouldn't" I was wondering if anyone had any experience. He love California Screamin' and Space Mountain would be a shame if he could not ride.

Thank you!!!

Poor guy! I should think he'd be okay on most rides but some rides, like maybe Indy and CS that are more bumpy may be painful for his arm.

He'll have a great time regardless!

My son did exactly the same thing a week before a trip to WDW. He went on everything, but later said that he wished he hadn't gone on Space Mt. because it was too "bumpy" with his cast and it hurt his arm. DL Space Mt. probably isn't as bad, but you may want to avoid the Matterhorn.

Hi all!

Getting ready for our trip in a couple of weeks and my son just broke his arm. He is in cast from the tips of his fingers to the middle of his forearm. Will this prevent his from going on any rides? I called guest services and the answer was "it shouldn't" I was wondering if anyone had any experience. He love California Screamin' and Space Mountain would be a shame if he could not ride.

Thank you!!!

No issue whatsoever! We just got back from 5 days at DL. My 7-yr-old daughter was in a leg cast, and we mostly used a wheelchair. She was not limited at all by her broken leg. An arm shouldn't pose any problems at all. Have fun!:banana:

Very sorry to hear that.
I would avoid The Matterhorn as it is extremely jarring and it would be hard to protect his arm.

My daughter broke her elbow 2 weeks prior to our trip when she was 8. She had no problems riding the rides. :goodvibes

See if you can get characters to sign his arm, and be sure to tell everyone he's an "honorary CAST member."

As said, there will be no issues with rides but matterhorn might be a little painful (it's painful without anything broken). Characters are not allowed to sign casts, but you can always get creative and paint it with acrylic paints in a disney manner! I did iron man and buzz (my favorites) and you actually get a ton of comments from characters, guests, and CMs!

Here's my cast:

My. DD broke her arm at the elbow right before our trip. Her cast went all the way up her arm (right up to her armpit), and she had absolutely no problems. She even did Jedi Training one-handed.

We let her ride everything she was tall enough for except for Goofy's Sky School and Matterhorn. Those are just so rough. There were a few others she chose not to ride, but her arm wasn't a factor in those decisions. She's not tall enough for Screamin' and Indy, so we didn't have to worry about those. But Space was no problem...it was her favorite ride!

Did you get the waterproof batting/padding in the cast? If not, I'd recommend disposable cast covers or a garbage bag for any water rides or in case of rain.

She did get lots of attention from the characters as a result of the cast, which was very sweet to watch. I was worried it would be a total bummer, but it ended up being pretty much the opposite,

I think the Fantasyland side of Matterhorn is less bumpy than the Tomorrowland side. Also, the middle cars are less bumpy than the front and back.

At least that was my recent experience. We rode it a couple weeks ago and I was dreading it because my last ride was SO painful. But, the previous ride was on the Tomorrowland track and this recent one was on Fantasyland's track.

If he does Screamin', I would definitely go for a front car...we found the back much rougher.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter