Brittany & Ryan 10/22/11 Wishes Wedding-Photos are in and reviews posted!!!

I'm so excited to follow along with your PJ! And I am so glad to know that other brides struggle with the Disney vs. at-home wedding dilemma too! DF and I are still going back and forth on this and I want it to be Disney so much! It really is hard to just committ to making it your day and making it what you want, even though it shouldn't be hard at all. :confused3 Luckily Disboards is around to encourage us all! :lovestruc

I emailed our coordinator and officially changed the reception from California Grill to the Summer House. It just seems more "us". I've never actually been there though, so I hope I'm making the right choice! It seems pretty from the pictures.

We are struggling to set our room blocks. It's hard to guess who might be coming! Ryan really wants to stay at Caribbean beach because of the Pirate themed rooms pirate: So I guess that's on the list and we should probably choose a value as well. I'm debating whether to choose another moderate or a deluxe. I'm thinking most will be staying in a moderate. From the pictures I like the Coronado Springs Resort. Any suggestions?

I like all of the moderates to be honest, BUT my absolute favorite is Port Orleans-Riverside. Its themed as an Antebellum estate in Louisiana with mansions and gorgeous trees, landscaping, and all that fun stuff. I really really love it. Its calm and relaxing and just gorgeous!! Heres a link to an unofficial page, that has tons of photos and stuff. Hope this helps!

I need help choosing shoes! Here are my two favorites so far. I will be having them dyed hot pink. :love:

Which ones do you like better?

Here is a picture of my dress:

100_1733-2.jpg
[/IMG]

Cinnamonshoes.jpg
[/IMG]

Crushshoes.jpg
[/IMG]

i like the first ones!! i just read thru and i think your dress is just stunning!!! we originally were using the napa room at the california grill, but it wasn't fitting for our families so we changed to the summerhouse! i absolutely love it there!! ((i have lots of pictures of it too if you need them!)) since then we've kicked our family and friends out and are going alone... but we were between the 2 venues just like you! i think you'll really enjoy it. so pretty!!

i like the first shoes!!

LuvLuvLuv- Yes, please send me pictures of it!!! I have never been there and only have the standard couple of pictures that you can see on the website. (PS.- I also love that you two are going it alone, I wish I could do that sometimes! It would be so much less stressful!)

Thank you for all of the opinions! I ordered the first pair and ordered a hot pink color swatch so I can decide if I want to have them dyed. :)

Your dress is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

Have fun at your planning session! You simply have to fill us all in on everything when you get back!

Our planning session was over the phone yesterday.

First of all I was told the session would be at 1 pm. It never crossed my mind that they meant 1 pm in FLORIDA not in TEXAS. So she called and we missed it and she had to call back an hour later. Oops!! She didn't mind at all though.

We have a temporary planner, Jamie Ledet, right now because our planner, Pamela Mattack, is out on maternity leave. Jamie was still great. I felt like there were a few places where she was pushing for the most expensive option but I figure I can just change things once I get the BEO in a few weeks.

I can already tell that it is going to be much more expensive that what I had envisioned! It's not even the decorations and stuff that is going to be expensive, it is the logistics! For example, we have to hire a limo twice that day to get us/bridal party backstage at Epcot when I hadn't been planning on having a limo at all.

She also told us not to do BOC soft drinks at our reception but I think I will change this later. We also weren't planning on having a DJ at our reception (and just let my brother play DJ and play an ipod) but she put that in without thinking about it so I just left it because it WOULD be nice to have someone else direct the reception activities so I will just have to see if we can swing it.

They were very flexible about customizing their standard cakes. That might help some people. I thought I was going to get some resistance on that but they were excited about it.

Floral: The floral woman was fantastic and got my vision right away from the inspiration pictures that I sent her. I really wish that Disney didn't charge $100 per bouquet because I would love to stick with them doing the flowers! As it is though I know that once I get the BEO I will probably have to take the personal floral out and hire through someone else. She didn't try to push big fancy centerpieces on me either which I really appreciated. She also suggested moving the centerpieces from the Grand to the dessert party and just tweaking them a bit. How smart!

Now I just have to wait for them to send me some sample pictures of stuff. All in all it went great and I know that whatever we choose Disney will make it spectacular. I'm just afraid to find out how much it will cost to make it spectacular! ;)

Just catching up on your PJ! Love everything you have planned so far! Your dress is beautiful :goodvibes. I had my BMs shoes dyed hot pink to match the color of my shoes (there are pics in my PJ if you are interested...). Can't wait to read more! :earsboy:

I'm glad your planning session went ok and things will really start to picks up now! I just wanted to chime in about the transportation...we're getting married in Epcot and we didn't want to break the budget with transportation. So we're riding a one way van to epcot in the morning and then riding the bus with everyone after. I don't know if the limo was really important to you but the van is only $25 compared to over $400 for the limo. We really didn't care if we showed up in a clown car as long as we got there. Even 2 one way vans will be cheaper. Just a thought!!

Irishwishes: Thanks for that info about the vans. Of course my planner didn't even mention that. I'm sure that is something that we will be changing. No one is going to see the limo!

That was our same thought...it's just dropping us off at the back entrance! As long as it gets us there cheap and has air conditioning.

I have been waiting over a month now for our BEO after the planning session. :(

It is now July 7th and we had the planning session on June 3rd. I even got my floral BEO several weeks ago, way before the real BEO.

Did anyone else have to wait this long?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter