British TV

I grew up watching Fawlty Towers with my grandparents, and still adore that show. I'm a huge, huge, huge fan of Downton Abbey and Sherlock.

I will have to check out Hamish MacBeth.

I also enjoyed Silk.

I enjoyed Wallander and Prime Suspect.

I was so sad when the Tom Barnaby character left Midsomer Murders. I though he was awesome.

I also like rosemary & thyme

Endeavor has helped me get over Inspector Lewis ending just like inspector Lewis helped me get over inspector morse ending. Huge fan :)

I adore British culture--my mom says she thinks I was born in the wrong country!

I have loved Top Gear for years, plus I love Sherlock and Downton Abbey. I also loved MI-5, which I think they called Spooks in the UK.

Top Gear UK is the best! :cool1:

I also love...

My Mad Fat Diary

Supersize vs. Superskinny

Embarrassing Bodies

I adore British culture--my mom says she thinks I was born in the wrong country! I have loved Top Gear for years, plus I love Sherlock and Downton Abbey. I also loved MI-5, which I think they called Spooks in the UK.

I also enjoy Downton Abbey but I am behind a season and MI-5 was great, loved hunky Matthew MacFadyen.

Are You Being Served, Fawlty Towers, As Time Goes By, anything involving Hercule Poirot are just a few that come to mind. I'm also an avid watcher of Downton Abbey.

This is going back in time a bit, but, here's my list:

The Young Ones
Absolutely Fabulous (French and Saunders are brilliant!)
Monty Python
Fawlty Towers
Ruby Wax
Benny Hill

...those are the ones that come to mind right now!

AbFab! How can I forget that one (Duh!). DH loved watching that show. Me? I didn't quite care for it.

Benny Hill both my father and FIL watched. I never liked that show.

Here are a few others that I just remembered that we watched back in the 80's:

Black Adder (didn't watch too many ep's of this, but one ep I loved was "The Dictionary")
Blake 7
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Red Dwarf

I love how many of them are now on Netflix/Hulu.

Favorites not/little mentioned include:

Rev. (the most honest, funniest look at faith in a long time)
The In-Betweeners (vulgar and very funny series about high school boys)
Fresh Meat (similar to I-B, but at university)
Peep Show (probably the most important British sitcom since The Office)
Foyle's War (gentle mystery series set during WWII)
Whites (about chefs--shame it only lasted for a season)
Extras (Ricky Gervais' second show, about, well, movie extras)
The Thick of It (highly vulgar and very funny political show)
The IT Crowd (started many of the best comedians of the past decade)
Life on Mars (they made a bad US remake)
Luther (too creepy for me, but my husband loves it)
Lewis (another mystery, sequel to Inspector Morse, set in Oxford)

I'd think of others, but I want to go rewatch some things...

Add me in the Doctor Who camp. When I was in elementary school in the early 80s, PBS was showing the Jon Pertwee, Tom Baker, and Peter Davison episodes and I got hooked.

Also:
Torchwood (of course)
Sherlock
Broadchurch (I saw in this week's EW magazine, David Tennant will be in the American remake...same character, different name, American accent. Not happy that there's a need to remake such a brilliant show, but...2 words: David Tennant.)
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Fawlty Towers
Absolutely Fabulous
Anything with Rowan Atkinson, especially Mr. Bean and Blackadder

I'm here in the states and I like watching british shows when I can... I like The IT Crowd (thanks Netflix!), I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Downton Abbey. Enjoy Call The Midwife, Mr. Selfridge, and The Paradise (although it's rather similar to Mr. Selfridge.).

I also find that many of the chick-lit books I like are also set in the UK. possibly just coincidence.

ETA: Also love the Idiot Abroad. I really dislike how Ricky treats Karl, but I LOVE the stupid things that come out of Karl's mouth - the things that make sense to him.

I'm obsessed with Downton Abbey and Sherlock. I like Call The Midwife and Mr. Selfridge. Ricky Gervais is one of my favourite comedians so I really liked Idiot Abroad and Extras. I used to like Mr. Bean. Whites was good. There are probably other shows too but I can't think of them at them moment.

Top Gear
I watch it all the time, have got several episodes on my Ipod to watch where ever. I do not watch the American Top Gear at all....its just rubbish! :happytv:

I also watch the Graham Norton show as well.

The Thick Of It is insane but in the best sense! I only braved it because of Peter Capaldi and my need to binge on prior work (but its like Malcolm has a curse for everything).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter