Brisket

HeatherC

Alas...these people I live with ...
Made one for dinner tonight and it smells so good. Do you ever cook one and what is your favorite way to cook it? I braised mine with onions, garlic, beef broth, tomato paste and onion soup mix.

Fresh brisket isn't a common cut here. The only time I ever cook it is as pre-brined corned beef; usually around St. Patrick's day. I poach it in a solution of water, beer and spices and cook baby potatoes, carrots and brussels sprouts in the pot as well.

Place brisket on two sheets of foil with sides crimped up And poke with a fork all over. Pour 1/2 bottle of liquid smoke over top of brisket and place two more pieces of foil on top. Wrap tightly and refrigerate overnight. Next day take brisket out of foil and place it in roasting pan. Cover with foil and bake for 6 hours at 300. Finally, take brisket out of oven, shred with two forks and pour favorite bbq sauce over top. Bake an additional 30 minutes.

I love brisket, smoked is best. Tri tip is a step up, but apparently tri tip isn't commonly available across the U.S. anyway.

I love brisket, smoked is best. Tri tip is a step up, but apparently tri tip isn't commonly available across the U.S. anyway.

It's often turned into ground beef, but can have weird names as well as slightly different cuts (where there might be overlap).

Where to Buy Tri-Tip Steak
Unfortunately, in many areas across the country, the tri-tip steak is not available. This is because this part of the cow is typically cut differently by regional butchers. If you cannot find tri-tip in the meat section, talk with your butcher—some may have it, but know it by another name. (Ask for a California or Santa Maria cut and see if that helps, but it can also be called culotte steak, bottom sirloin tip, or Newport steak.) Any good butcher should be able to cut tri-tip steaks for you, and if they don't do that kind of cutting, you need to find a different butcher.​

I love brisket, smoked is best. Tri-tip is a step up, but apparently tri tip isn't commonly available across the U.S. anyway.
The only time I ever saw (or ate) this cut was at the old Ariel's in California Adventure.

My husband has been on a quest the past few years to perfect his brisket skills. We love sampling his trials. One resource he has really enjoyed using has been the videos done by Franklin (the super popular BBQ place in Austin, Texas).

Franklin bbq is tasty. Smoked moist brisket is the best. There’s a local pitmaster here who teaches bbq classes. Are you in Texas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter