Bringing your pets with you...

We bring our two poodles with us on every camping trip. They were adults when we got the camper, and it took a couple of trips before they started to relax and not be so nervous. Now they do just fine and we wouldn't consider leaving them at home.

I need to send this pic to Disney

135.jpg

We have 2 dogs and 2 cats. 1 of our dogs and the cats don't like to travel. Our other dog goes camping with us everywhere except for the Fort. She is much better off at home with her grandparents taking care of her then sitting in the motorhome by herself most of the time. I would always be worried about her and not enjoy our time in the parks. I don't really think she would like that either.
Our other trips are ones we do stuff together not her sitting in the motorhome all the time while we are out having fun. She is the reason we got our motorhome. To be able to travel with her more. We love it! :thumbsup2
Getting to stay in the motorhome while we enjoy Disney is just a great bonus.

I need to send this pic to Disney

135.jpg
I adore this picture!!! Your pup on the right reminds me of my Penny we had when I was growing up! Don't send it to Disney however. They'll use it to make kazillions in advertising & you won't even get a free night at FtW!!

BTW... is your first name Derrick by any chance?

Back OT.... I have two Burmese kitties (blues) and they are the whole reason we have a MH. Otherwise I would probably have a pop-up and an entirely different life-style. (I said "I have" - actually - they own me!)

Deb

I adore this picture!!! Your pup on the right reminds me of my Penny we had when I was growing up! Don't send it to Disney however. They'll use it to make kazillions in advertising & you won't even get a free night at FtW!!

BTW... is your first name Derrick by any chance?

Back OT.... I have two Burmese kitties (blues) and they are the whole reason we have a MH. Otherwise I would probably have a pop-up and an entirely different life-style. (I said "I have" - actually - they own me!)

Deb

LOL thats for sure

Just wanted to post a photo of our Toby( former underwear eating dog..and Ojo(pronouced O-ho means "eye" in Spanish) the one eyed wonder cat! They are best buddies!

momsphotos143.jpg

We really debated bringing our lovely boy Yeager - he's about 90% labrador, and 10% hound - look for the big droopy jowls, bent nose and he does the Yeager Yodel whenever the fire trucks go by.

Because its our first trip ever to WDW and the Ft plus because the baby will only be 6 months old, Yeager is going on 'vacation' to my friend's house to hang out with his buddy Max and their 3 kids. They love him and he loves them.

071229031.jpg

Maybe next time once we know what we are doing!

Bex

Picture102.jpg

Rudy has been on every trip we been on sent we got him Dec. 02. we bought a MH and a new TT for him.

Hey Shannone, I forgot to add these to your thread. How are things going with Mitzi?

Here's our newest puppy; her name is Pixie and she's 4 months old in this picture. She's a Rat Terrier (but I think she looks a little like a Chihuahua/Rat Terrier sometimes).

IM000022.jpg

This is Mr. Buzz LightEar, he's a Miniature Pinscher with a Dobie sized attitude. He's stayed at each kennel at WDW, played with Pluto (he has a certificate that sez so), loves the FW kennel the best but would rather stay at my Brother and Sister-in-law's house because he loves them a lot and I think they love him as much as we do.

IM000114.jpg

Buzz and Pixie together (two different breeds, but so alike):

PixieLBuzzR-1.jpg

IM000112-1.jpg

I have never brought my pets with us to the fort but I want to bring our new Yorkie. Maybe when we come in December we will bring her.

No we have lizzards and marine aquariums. The lizzard gets boarded at the place we bought it from and the fish get taken care of by our neighbour. We do not feel the need to take pets along with us on holidays regardless the pet. I say leave them at home you may love rover or garfield but not everyone one else does.

Cottontail, your puppy looks adorable. In fact to be honest it made me cry. The doggie love of my life was my little rat terrier "thing" called Jasper and he looked identical to Pixie when he was a baby, it's really quite weird.

I was lucky enough to have Jasper in my life for 10 fun filled years. Alas, we boarded him with our vet when we last went to the UK (2006) and when we came back I was handed my poor beautiful baby unable to walk - apparantly he'd hurt his back whilst in the vet's care. THe vet didn't bother to tell me/any of the contacts we'd left for her. So we changed vets but the damage was irreversible, it broke my heart, and he died about 1 month later. I still cry every week over my first 'furbaby'. It was so unfair and unjust.

So please go give your cute little Pixie a cuddle from me.

Bex
Still grieving.

Cottontail, your puppy looks adorable. In fact to be honest it made me cry. The doggie love of my life was my little rat terrier "thing" called Jasper and he looked identical to Pixie when he was a baby, it's really quite weird.

I was lucky enough to have Jasper in my life for 10 fun filled years. Alas, we boarded him with our vet when we last went to the UK (2006) and when we came back I was handed my poor beautiful baby unable to walk - apparantly he'd hurt his back whilst in the vet's care. THe vet didn't bother to tell me/any of the contacts we'd left for her. So we changed vets but the damage was irreversible, it broke my heart, and he died about 1 month later. I still cry every week over my first 'furbaby'. It was so unfair and unjust.

Bex
Still grieving.

Oh my gosh..I'm so sorry for your loss..that is absolutely hearbreaking. :hug:

Bex
Still grieving.

Bex, I'm so sorry, for making you cry and that your little sweetie was taken at such a young age and in such a way :hug: . If I am ever going through Texas I will definitely arrange a meeting so you can cuddle her yourself, she is so full of life and just what the doctor ordered after a day of stress (puppy smell is #1 for aromatherapy sometimes!) She has something about her, we just can't stop wondering over her - she's very pixie-ish with her cuteness and being so mischievous.

There just aren't enough hugs for me to send you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Quick question for everyone - we just picked up our new family member, a 3-month old Maine Coon, and we will be bringing her with us on our next trip (3/30-4/6). If you bring a cat, "should" you reserve a pet loop..? Even though she will stay in our fifth wheel..?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter