Bringing your own stroller

LBCmd

Earning My Ears
I have decided after much debate to bring my own double stroller. My ds is 2 my dd is 4. Last year the heat was terrible. We are going down in 5 days. It is a double stoller that folds down. My question is will i be able to get this stroller on and off the train around MK. I know when you rent one you leave it on one side pick up a new one on the other. Its a graco that folds down. Did anyone else bring their own stoller and take it on the train?Thanks

We have taken our stroller on the WDW railroad train but I have to say - we only did it once as it was kind of a pain in the neck (and ours is not a double and not overly heavy - it's a Carter's sport simialr to a graco) Anyway, the stroller takes up quite a bit of room in the seat on the train (and you have to hang onto it), like when you ride on the trams from the parking lot (and we even were in the end seat where it is a tiny bit wider).

We now end up only taking the train only as a round trip ride and leave the stroller until we get back off as my ds LOVES the trains. He's big into Thomas the Tank engine at the moment and the trains right now of course are his favorite.

Sorry I don't have better news, but for us, it just isn't worth the hassel:(

Originally posted by LBCmd
I have decided after much debate to bring my own double stroller. My ds is 2 my dd is 4. Last year the heat was terrible. We are going down in 5 days. It is a double stoller that folds down. My question is will i be able to get this stroller on and off the train around MK. I know when you rent one you leave it on one side pick up a new one on the other. Its a graco that folds down. Did anyone else bring their own stoller and take it on the train?Thanks

It all depends on how bulky your stroller is when folded.

We always bring our own stroller; a double side-by-side umbrella stroller (Kolcraft) and have had NO problems bringing it on the MK train, the monorail, the buses and the trams that bring you to the entrance to the parks.

If it's really bulky, then you could always leave it behind and take a ride on the train...we've done that too when we knew we'd want to come back to Toontown.

Good luck!

My advice would be "DO NOT get on at Adventureland." Those stairs are a killer with a double stroller! In fact, I lean toward the roundtrip plan myself. We don't use the train as transportation, but with two little boys you can beleive we ride it A LOT!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter