• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bringing your own petals?

bridetobe789

2009 Disney Bride!!!
Anyone ordered and brought their own petals for the staged exit and or the ceremony.??

I'm sure someone else can confirm this, but I believe you have to have real petals to toss.

I'm sure someone else can confirm this, but I believe you have to have real petals to toss.

I think that is right. There is whole cleaning them up thing also. Not sure if you bring your own - I think you might have to pay to have them cleaned up. I figured it was just easier to let Disney take care of it. We had them put red and white rose petals in white bags and put them on everyones seat before the ceremony. To save costs, I believe you can have them put in a basket and then someone brings the basket around so everyone can take some.

Linda

You can bring your own petals if they are real, and you will not be charged for cleaning them up.

I considered ordering a bunch from www.flyboynaturals.com - they seemed to have good sales, and they also sell bags/cones/etc.

However, when you bring your own, you have to put them into containers (or a big basket) yourself and then designate someone in your party to pass them out - Disney won't do it for you. I figured the not-huge cost savings weren't worth the hassle, so I just bought toss petals and aisle petals from Disney. :thumbsup2

You can bring your own petals if they are real, and you will not be charged for cleaning them up.

I considered ordering a bunch from www.flyboynaturals.com - they seemed to have good sales, and they also sell bags/cones/etc.

However, when you bring your own, you have to put them into containers (or a big basket) yourself and then designate someone in your party to pass them out - Disney won't do it for you. I figured the not-huge cost savings weren't worth the hassle, so I just bought toss petals and aisle petals from Disney. :thumbsup2

And I must say, you had the BEST petal toss ever :thumbsup2 .

We have been collecting pictures from all our guests and in most of the petal toss pictures there is a petal either in front of my nose or my mouth or Sheldon face. They are actually quite funny. It looks like eveyone took the same photo at the same time but from different sides. We should have our photos from Misty in a few days so hopefully she got a few good ones and yes, when I took my gown off that night I found a petal that had gotten away :lmao: .

Linda

I just wanted to add that we used fake petals (bought on ebay) for the flower girls to toss down the aisle during our ceremony in the WP. But i think if you want to toss petals outside, they have to be real (we had bubbles).

HTH!

Yes, I should have said that fake petals are OK inside the Wedding Pavilion, just not outside. :goodvibes

if they are making you pick up the petals anyway, why do they have to be real??

Oh no - they don't make you pick up the petals! :thumbsup2

They have to be real because then if they miss a few when they're cleaning up they'll biodegrade, instead of, I dunno, choking some poor unsuspecting duck.... :cutie:

Just had my wedding at SBP and we had Disney do everything but the petals... we had to bring real ones and they cleaned them up... it looked just as good as if they had done it... I think it was a good way to save, personally... :goodvibes HTH

Yes, I should have said that fake petals are OK inside the Wedding Pavilion, just not outside. :goodvibes

Have you seen ones used that look... real??

Just had my wedding at SBP and we had Disney do everything but the petals... we had to bring real ones and they cleaned them up... it looked just as good as if they had done it... I think it was a good way to save, personally... :goodvibes HTH

Can I ask if you think you saved a lot from the cost from disney versus bringing your own?

I know I saved a lot because the amount I wanted was over a $10 from Disney... less than $20 when I did it myself... looked just as good! :goodvibes

Have you seen ones used that look... real??

Fake petals that look real... nope! :cutie: But maybe they make "real touch" petals the way they make "real touch" fake flowers. :confused3 At that point, I'd just use freeze-dried ones...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter