Bringing super hero costume for Marvel Day

Tucker24

Mouseketeer
My son has a costume and accessories for Thor, Capt America, Hulk, and Iron Man. He picked captain america for marvel day and is bringing pirate wear for pirate night. My question is has anyone dressed up in Marvel costume other than on Marvel day at Sea? I was thinking if he really wanted to bring two costumes I would allow it because we've brought several princess dresses to Disney parks in the past. Of course they do take up more space in the luggage so was wondering if it's worth it?
Going on 7 night bahama cruise leaving from NYC on Magic. It's also a Merrytime cruise that has marvel day at sea

My son wore a costume almost every day of our Star Wars Cruise even though Star Wars was only one day and he was not alone :)

I'd bring the costumes, at least they aren't covered in glitter like the princess dresses are. My dd has outgrown the princess stage:guilty:. She was Evie from Descendants for Halloween and I'm thinking about bringing the costume for our next cruise and it's not even a theme cruise.

My daughter's 15 and plans to wear either a Marvel t-shirt or a disneybounding Marvel (marvelbounding?) outfit each day for our upcoming MDAS/Merrytime cruise. She has enough wardrobe pieces to put together Jessica Jones, Elektra (Daredevil), Winter Soldier, Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, and a Shield agent easily - and fortunately, most of it is mix-and-match so shouldn't take up too much space in the luggage! We are not bringing our homemade Mjolnir, though, or any of the plastic/foam/nerf weaponry. The clothes don't take up much space, and I need the accessory room for FE gifts! :rotfl:

Bring all the costumes. He will have fun wearing them!

I don't even know why I bother packing real clothes for DD when we go to Disney parks, because she wears costumes the whole time. I have a feeling she will be in costume on the cruise whenever she is not in a swimsuit.

I'm bringing Marvel stuff for every day for my kid. And probably for us.

On our Marvel Day at Sea cruise (10/14/17) people wore Marvel stuff all week. I saw kids in costume other days than Marvel Day. It was a Halloween cruise but still saw kids wear stuff on the non Halloween day.

MJ

Last edited:
Heck, if you have space for the extra costumes, pack 'em. Don't think I'd do costumes as an adult outside the actual MDAS, but it sounds like it's kind of the same as kids wearing costumes in the Disney parks -- there may be special nights for it, but there's nothing stopping him from wearing them the entire time he's there.

Meanwhile I need to get more Marvel t-shirts so I can wear them straight through the entire cruise.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter