Bringing our own water

Greatgrandma

Earning My Ears
Are you still able to bring a case of water with your suitcases? If yes, what is the limits, if any? Thank you!

Are you still able to bring a case of water with your suitcases? If yes, what is the limits, if any? Thank you!
There are no limits, but you can't give it to the porters, you have to carry it on the ship yourself (in a roller suitcase/backpack). We brought a 6 pack on earlier this month in my mom's backpack (for her only, I think ship water is fine).

You can bring as much water with you as you can carry on (hand carry, in a tote bag, in a rolling suitcase/duffel, etc.). You cannot put it in a checked suitcase, or just 'check' the case of water by slapping a luggage tag on it (yes, people have done that). Porters may tell you otherwise, but please don't (not necessarily speaking to you OP, but to anyone who reads this). Water bottles break, and then leak all over whatever checked luggage is nearby. Huge mess and things can get ruined. But carry on as much as you like!

In case this helps anybody else, I don’t like Dasani or metallic water bottles and used to schlep water on, but now I’ve discovered that you can get an extra couple large bottles of water from Remy/Palo, so we usually dine there the first night and get a couple extra bottles to go. It’s more expensive but way more convenient.

In my 10 cruises we have always drank the ship water. It tastes great. I am a super picky water person and don't trip tap water at my home. Disney will bring you Distilled water to your room if you need it for a CPAP machine so you don't have to lug it around.

Curious why you want to take water ?
Just got used to it. All the years my husband battled cancer he wanted purified water for drinking, his cpap machine, for mixing his food,etc. regular tap water tasted terrible to him. I started packing bottles of water to take to the hospitals and acquired a taste for it. I could taste the difference between bottled and tap.

Just got used to it. All the years my husband battled cancer he wanted purified water for drinking, his cpap machine, for mixing his food,etc. regular tap water tasted terrible to him. I started packing bottles of water to take to the hospitals and acquired a taste for it. I could taste the difference between bottled and tap.
You probably realize the water onboard is filtered, "purified" as you say. Given the recent research of plastics found in bottled water I prefer to try to avoid it.
But I understand your reason and preferring certain tastes.

In my 10 cruises we have always drank the ship water. It tastes great. I am a super picky water person and don't trip tap water at my home. Disney will bring you Distilled water to your room if you need it for a CPAP machine so you don't have to lug it around.
I didn’t know they would give you water for cpap. Thank you for that info. Do you have to pay for it?

We used to buy bottles of water at Publix on our way to the ship and schlep it on board (though we'd check it... this was 5-7 years ago and the porters were happy to take it... whether that was right or not...). We liked being able to grab bottles to have around the ship and on excursions. The past couple cruises we just take our metal water bottles and fill them at the refill stations. There's usually one on deck 4 and another on the top deck near the sports area. Also in the gym. It's so much easier! And better for the environment too.

No, but you should request it ahead of time. In your reservation (on the app or website) there is a Special Requests section.
Correct you fill out the special requests section an ask for water for a CPAP machine. They can also give you an approved extension cord if your machine needs to be in different locations. There are plugs on either side of the main bed.

We used to buy bottles of water at Publix on our way to the ship and schlep it on board (though we'd check it... this was 5-7 years ago and the porters were happy to take it... whether that was right or not...). We liked being able to grab bottles to have around the ship and on excursions. The past couple cruises we just take our metal water bottles and fill them at the refill stations. There's usually one on deck 4 and another on the top deck near the sports area. Also in the gym. It's so much easier! And better for the environment too.
We used the water refill stations with our metal bottles on our cruise last weekend. The water tasted fine to me, and I'm one of those people who used to buy the overpriced cases of water as soon as I got on board.

Also, we ordered room service twice and our trays came with glasses of ice water, which we added to our bottles.

The family ahead of me at security had a bunch of bottled water loaded into the bottom basket of their baby stroller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter