• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bringing my 7d?

Randi Morse

Earning My Ears
I have a Black Rapid strap and I'm used to photographing weddings every weekend (professional photographer) but, this may sound stupid, I'm nervous about bringing my 7d to Disney! I'm bringing the backup with me rather than the every day one, but has anyone had any issues with their camera getting in the way when riding rides, ect? And which lens do you tend to walk around with?

Will it drive you nuts to get there and see beautiful things to photograph and not have it?

Honestly? I'm torn. I would love to capture things but, at the same time, I like to try to experience time with my family when we do go somewhere rather than focus on photographing everything, mainly because I take photos for a living and want to give my kids time and to experience everything. But I didn't take many photos 5 years ago so I'm torn!

FWIW, my 6D was at my side every moment of our DL trip last December. If I wanted to focus on the photography less, I'd probably just find the lightest package possible to still have it along, just with less hassle. So instead of carrying extra lenses, maybe just go with a fast prime and leave the others behind. Or bring 1 or 2 other lenses, but only use one each day, leaving the others in the room each day.

I had my 7D with me our last trip, and I honestly had no issues with it. I used my 17-50mm f/2.8 the majority of the time. I took a 70-300mm with me for Animal Kingdom.

In the end, I was glad I had my camera.

I had my ID3, 70-200 and 16-35 on my last trip and had no regrets. I used a backpack and when I wanted family and ride time, just tucked things away quickly. When I wanted to capture moments or do some artsy shots I had the equipment handy.

Either a competent compact, or the 7D and one lens makes sense. I carried a bare D7100 and had no trouble with it, even getting it pretty wet - the 7D is arguably a sturdier camera. Or just do memory maker. :)

FWIW, my 6D was at my side every moment of our DL trip last December. If I wanted to focus on the photography less, I'd probably just find the lightest package possible to still have it along, just with less hassle. So instead of carrying extra lenses, maybe just go with a fast prime and leave the others behind. Or bring 1 or 2 other lenses, but only use one each day, leaving the others in the room each day.

that's what I would do if I brought my 60D, you don't have to carry everything everyday

But now going to a large park like Disney and walking around all day I would probably just bring a mirrorless, 22mm pancake and the "nifty fifty"
https://www.flickr.com/photos/mmirrorless/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter