Bringing Home the Magic - Part 2 - 8/18/07 - 9/01/07- list of cruisers on page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
DizzneyDANN--my daughter (hannah) was in a pagent this weekend also--she really did learn some important life lessons--she was a great sport (she was a finalist but not queen)--she went right over to the girl that won and hugged her and congratulated her (i was so happy to see this), she also learned how to communicate effectively to a large group of people and how to carry herself with confidence. she is going to try again next year! by the way, hannah also wore a scarf over her shoulders during the formal gown competition (no bathing suit competition though. . .) well, hopefully she will have better luck next year. . .

The pageant she won did not have a swim suit competition, which is why we agreed to get involved in the pageant thing. She did not place the first year, but we figured out it really WAS a scholarship pageant, not just a beauty contest. We were thrown for a loop on this one.

Funny thing, though, the 5 finalist were asked an on-stage question. "What is the most important thing to you?" Most said it was their family, one said it was her sisters, because w/o them, she couldn't be their role model, and the one who came in last said that it was her Mom--because her Mom had helped her through staph infections, eating disorders, and suicide attempts.

She said that ON-STAGE! While I think the sentiment was good, I couldn't believe it was said in public! Which leads me to say what my daughter has learned most in the 3 pageants she has done---how to present herself appropriately in different situations. She was not great at it when she started, but now, I think she has experience to present herself to job interviewers, etc.

I still hate the way I feel during the contests.

I like to see family morals and values transcend through generations. It is not easy to stand up for what you believe, but it is easier to look at yourself in the mirror the next day and know you did not sell yourself out. Congradulations for raising such a fine citizen!

OK people are we all OK with changing it to 10 am? For those that have already left on their journeys (which I know there were some people who were doing the back to back etc) then we should still be hanging around at 10.30 anyway. I dont know about the Ice Cream Social however as I honestly cant remember who was organising this (sorry really bad at remembering things cant you tell). Anyway if there are no objections by tomorrow afternoon Ill get Lindsay (rikimuk) to update the navigator one last time and shove it on again with the new time. Also will put a note on room 7592 to reflect change of time!.

Thanks

I believe Smores and Denverval were arranging the icecream social. Denverval is dealing with her own family crisis and I do not think we need to bother her with this. Smore was doing the invitations. I agree with changing the time of the meet to 10am and leaving the icecream social as is. Just my 2 cents

We leave in one week--AHHHHH--just have stuff set aside, not packed. :scared:

DS14 got his braces off yesterday (YEAH!). That is always a nice milestone :goodvibes

We pick up our old foreign exchange student at the airport today--he is staying for a week. It will be 99 when he is here--a little warmer than Warsaw!

I am just glad the lightening repairs are finished!

Now to work on the fish extender. . . :eek:

Arrivals in Barcelona:

Dopeylover54 8/12 Barcelona Apartments
Mickeyaddict 8/13 Le Meridian
LisaTX & Silver7 8/17 Casa Camper
DisneyVegas1 8/17 Grand Marina
gailadams_uk 8/17 Grand Marina
Bear's Mates 8/17 Le Meridian
rwatterson 8/17 Tryp Barcelonan Aeropuerto
Gismo/Rikmuk 8/17 Renaissance Airport
Disneysweetie 8/18 Disney Magic
kaseyC & DD Hannah 8/18 Disney Magic
Mickeymom923 8/18 Disney Magic
Grandma x3 8/18 Disney Magic
FaireyGod Mother 8/18 Disney Magic
Hurtbypampered 8/18 Disney Magic
Smores 8/18 Disney Magic
Bearfan 8/18 Disney Magic

Teresa

Arrival information for BishopFamily 8/17 AC Barcelona (hotel still subject to a last minute change).

if at all possible, i would like to keep the ice cream social at 11am--i've got the invites all put together (including a "hidden mickey" ) and ready to deliver--BUT. . . if need be, we can change the ice cream social!

Yea:banana: :banana: went to AAA and picked up our documents today :cool1:

DH is sitting at the airport in Providence, waiting for a flight that has been delayed 4 hours now to Baltimore. Contemplating renting a car and driving there...i think he could be about there by now if they drove to begin with. he's waiting to make the decision at the next plane update at 9pm. I feel bad for them. (going with a couple friends) If it wasn't for the Red Sox game in Baltimore this weekend I think they might have decided to just come home. Our friends in Baltimore had a great weekend planned for them, hope they can still make it fun.

In the meantime, I shall attempt to get the house, kids and packing organized before he gets home on Sunday.

It's fine with me to change the DIS meet to 10:00 but I would still like to keep the ice cream social at 11:00. this now gives us the opportunity to keep an eye on the girls in case something happens. also, karen already did the invite magnets and it would be a shame to waste them and have her create new ones.

ellen

forgot to mention that we also arrive on the 18th and go straight to the ship.

ellen:woohoo:

if at all possible, i would like to keep the ice cream social at 11am--i've got the invites all put together (including a "hidden mickey" ) and ready to deliver--BUT. . . if need be, we can change the ice cream social!

Wow, you are very creative. I say leave the icecream social as is.

Does that make it my 4 cents:lmao:

Dizzney DAnn's family--leave states 8/13, arrive Barcelona via Dublin or Madrid (depending on which family member you are talking about!) on 8/16. We're staying at the Rennaissance (Marriott) by the airport.

Do I really still have to pack for these spoiled children who won't even clean their rooms? Am I really obligated to do this family vacation thing? Can't I just leave them here and enjoy a quiet two weeks of pampering?

My dream is for socks and undies to be disposable. When I am queen, that will be my first decree.

Do I really still have to pack for these spoiled children who won't even clean their rooms? Am I really obligated to do this family vacation thing? Can't I just leave them here and enjoy a quiet two weeks of pampering?

My dream is for socks and undies to be disposable. When I am queen, that will be my first decree.

Want to borrow my son? I let my son pack for a week in Anaheim and he brought his motorcycle magazines, tons of snacks, asst. junk and no underwear. That should solve your problem. Of course he's older now but I doubt that he has improved much.

Linda

I believe Smores and Denverval were arranging the icecream social. Denverval is dealing with her own family crisis and I do not think we need to bother her with this. Smore was doing the invitations. I agree with changing the time of the meet to 10am and leaving the icecream social as is. Just my 2 cents

Seems the consensus is leaving the Ice Cream social which I think is a good idea as DenverVal and Smores have done a lot of work on this. I'll get Lindsay to update the navigator ASAP changing the Meet to 10am and repost it.

Hi Gang,
I agree to leave the Girls Social as is.

BTW Dever Val will not be cruising w/us due to a family situation. And - please send prayers/PD/good wishes to her & her family.

Moving back the dis meet will be great for those who are Brunching - I need to ask - Do any of the Bruncher's have girls attending the social??
If so - I volunteer as Grandmother to watch over them while you brunch - if that is a concern! Wow - do I have references!!!!

Oh -
Just to let my wonderful dis support group here know - I could not resolve my business/legal issues - so I informed all concerned that it would just have to be delayed until Sept. My wonderful Dh will follow thru for me tomorrow while I'm driving to L.A. (although I just checked the time -I'm driving today).
Good time to say goodnight!

Hi Gang,
I agree to leave the Girls Social as is.

BTW Dever Val will not be cruising w/us due to a family situation. And - please send prayers/PD/good wishes to her & her family.

Moving back the dis meet will be great for those who are Brunching - I need to ask - Do any of the Bruncher's have girls attending the social??
If so - I volunteer as Grandmother to watch over them while you brunch - if that is a concern! Wow - do I have references!!!!

Ah thats a really nice offer!

Sad to hear that Dever Val had to make the decision not to come but I hope things get better soon!

Safe trip - oh and I did think you were up late to have responded so quickly on here

Hi Gang,

I was so saddened last night when I found out. I was gonna post here this morning for prayers and pixie dust.

On a side note. How are you gonna wach the kids if you are at the brunch? Did I get that wrong?

I was so saddened last night when I found out. I was gonna post here this morning for prayers and pixie dust.

On a side note. How are you gonna wach the kids if you are at the brunch? Did I get that wrong?

She's not at that brunch shes just organising it I believe.

sorry to hear denverval will not be traveling. DD11 was looking forward to meeting her DD. I send some prayers and PD her way, and hope everything works out for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter