Bringing Home the Magic - Part 2 - 8/18/07 - 9/01/07- list of cruisers on page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could use some PD here!
Last night my FIL (89) was rushed to emergency w/possible heart attack. DH & I went to be w/MIL (86) - until 3am. FIL was admitted and is undergoing tests. His health is failing - he has dementia and his quality of life has deteriorated. My MIL is so stressed she is becoming very frail.
Life's complicatons seem to come in bunches!!!

You are in my thoughts and I wish you the best.:tinker: :tink: pixiedust:

Could use some PD here!
Last night my FIL (89) was rushed to emergency w/possible heart attack. DH & I went to be w/MIL (86) - until 3am. FIL was admitted and is undergoing tests. His health is failing - he has dementia and his quality of life has deteriorated. My MIL is so stressed she is becoming very frail.

Oh Chris...:grouphug: ....is it in the water or something around here? Why is so much hitting us right now?

Hi everyone, I love to be able to say "we are going on vacation THIS MONTH":banana: I've been lurking around the boards, busy with work, and being a taxi for the kids this summer. Starting to think about packing.

Anyways, I was looking at another email I get from Disney, and it had a link for pins...it shows the pins for our cruise. My girls are big pin traders (I have fun with it as well, but give all the pins to the kids). Any other pin traders out there? They are only going to bring a few to trade.

IThe connection time has shrunk from 2hrs 10 minutes to 1hr 45min. Is this enough time or cutting it too close?

Someone posted somewhere that you can change your flight to an earlier one on the same day for $25, of course the agent didn't mention this at all. Is this actually true?

I think you should be fine for Atlanta, but it is a bit close. I have flown internationally out of Atlanta a few times and I like a bit more time. THere are just enough thunderstorms this time of year to delay things.

I would contact Delta again and ask about their recommended time between connecting and international flight. I bet it is two hours. If so, they should change you for free. If their recommended time is 1 hour 45 min, then they likely won't change.

Delta allows a person to confirm a different flight on the same day three hours in advance. $25. I have done this several times. American does the same but has just switched to eliminate the 3 hour rule.

suzanne

Could use some PD here!

I feel for you. BUDDY had 2 emergency surgeries a little over two weeks ago to remove blood clots in his leg. He now sports 3 incisions and 46 staples to be removed on 08/10/07.

We talked about cancelling our whole trip. Right now I think we are going to skip our week in Ireland (8/10/07 to 08/17/07) and just get to Barcelona for some time to recuperate. But there's the added stress from the rush to find airfare and file a travel insurance claim to recover our losses from the money we spent to get to Ireland.

I hope everything goes well with your FIL & your MIL and I am thinking good thoughts for you and your family.:wizard:

Now that we need some positive news. I'd like to announce that our CRUISE DOCUMENTS ARRIVED TODAY!!!!!!!!:banana:

i got my documents today. it was nice you didnt have to be home to get it, it was waiting at the doorstep.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts & pd. It really helps!! I too send PD and prayers to all of you going through difficulties!!

This is not the best time for me to take a vacationa and this is the best time TO take a vacation!!!!

No docs - but I've already filled out all my paperwork online -so all I'm looking forward to are the luggage tags!!

BTW - I just checked CNN and a bridge over the Mississippi collapsed in Minneapolis - reminds my of the collapse here after the Loma Prieta Earthquake in '89.

Thank you Linda - I will give Delta a call. Also thanks to GAcruisers for also offering to help!

One way or another we will get there!

Edited to add: I called to ask what the recommended connection time for our route is, without giving any other information. The answer was a minimum of 60 minutes. We'll hope for an on-time flight, or if ours is delayed, hopefully the flight to Barcelona will be too. It has almost a 50-50 record for ontime departures.

My dd(9) and myself (dad age 47) are officially on this cruise. We are 1st timers and couldn't pass up the deal for $1099 pp for 14 nights although it is a cat. 12. Any tips for 1st timers would be great. Scared about the lost luggage deal tho. Been looking at booking excursions. We have never been out of country before so this is huge for us. :cool1:

Could use some PD here!

:tinker: I hope things are improving Chris. :hug:
Linda

My dd(9) and myself (dad age 47) are officially on this cruise. We are 1st timers and couldn't pass up the deal for $1099 pp for 14 nights although it is a cat. 12. Any tips for 1st timers would be great. Scared about the lost luggage deal tho. Been looking at booking excursions. We have never been out of country before so this is huge for us. :cool1:

Welcome.

Tip with luggage is do not pack everything in one suit case. Put hal of your and half of hers in each bag.

Where are you flying out of? There is a group meeting in JFK. This might help you if you connect with others.

As for your DD. There is an icecream social on Monday (our first sea day) at 11. Let smores know your info and cabin# and she will send you an invite.

There is a Ladis Champagne Brunch in Palo's private room on 8/20. And a Ladies Afternoon on 8/27.

If you're interested - I need your full name & reservation # - my email = ggchris3@pacbell.net

There is a Ladis Champagne Brunch in Palo's private room on 8/20. And a Ladies Afternoon on 8/27.

If you're interested - I need your full name & reservation # - my email = ggchris3@pacbell.net

FIRST - party: Welcome!! party:

SECOND - OOPS!! Ignore my post - that's what I get for skimming rather than reading - there is no DAD's champagne brunch or tea - Sorry!!

Thank you for the welcome and yes I am a dad travelling with his daughter. Long story on that one. But my dd is sooooo excited. She already knows a little about Barcelona and is excited to be going there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter