Bringing Home the Magic - Part 2 - 8/18/07 - 9/01/07- list of cruisers on page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we are on the ship and the same deck too which is good - the group :grouphug: thing is I feel the cause as well - - oh well we will be with friends and all of you guys too!!!

I called CastAway Club and asked about being closer to the part of our group that are 1st timers - all they would say is: "Could happen - but I don't know anything about how that works, it come from a different department and I don't know which department that would be able to do that"

Even offered to suffer with an upgrade for all of us if it made it easier - lol

too much :surfweb: make you think too much -lol

Let the party start!!:cool1:

Smores,

still don't have my PM'ing privileges!

my husband went and did something completely irresponsible -- he upgraded us to a room with verandah! yikes. So, we are now in 6568 and would appreciate miss Lily's invitation there.

Thanks,

Tracey

On the EB. we went from a 12 to a 10 when everyone else seemed to be getting into 9's or better. I was bummed, but our 10 was perfect for us and it was a new experience to be in an inside. If anyone has 2629, it is a GREAT room, great location! We are all the way forward and though we are 9's, still nervous about our rooms. I think I would worry unless given the Roy suite! Silly to worry--the cruises have all been wonderful!

We did have a bit of stress ONLY when our rooms were divided once--7 aft and 5 forward on a full boat. I was a novice then and had not even thought to check where the rooms were. (duh!) We could never find anyone, and I was constantly on the hallway phones tracking down the kids. Rooms were great, just too far apart.

Since there's no response for tie night, let's skip it. :guilty: At this point, aren't we all a bit stressed out with our preparations?:confused3 (Or is that just me? Adding one more thing may land me in the loony bin :dance3: rather than on the ship! :sail: )

Did I mention my husband will be out of town the entire week before:eek: (1) his sister comes on the 11th, so the house must be clean and (2) we have our daughters baptism/party on the 12th and (3) we leave for the cruise on the 13th.

I had all those recital things last time. I thought I could/would keep it under control this time. Why do I do this to myself?:sad2:

yes, I'm whining now. I'm really cheery on the ship, though!:)

Scott and Sarah are preparing for our Snow cone stand at the county fair today. The fair is tomorrow. Katey is doing the pageant thing tomorrow night. I am so scared for her.

I think I'll try to get packed up and maybe buy some food, since we're down to oatmeal w/o milk:scared: Can't wait til someone is doing all the cooking and serving and cleaning up for me!!!!!!!:cloud9:

my daughter--hannah 10yo--is also doing the "pageant thing"--her's is friday 8/3 and sat 8/4. we are new to this. . .any hints????? :confused:

hmmm,

I was given the impression than at least a one cat upgrade was a 100% certainty.

TBH we never would have booked a Cat 12 with 2 kids if we knew this was how we were travelling.

This is my 1st Disney cruise so maybe we were lucky to get a Cat9. Looking at the EB reports there were plenty of upgrades available at checkin, and $750 for a Verandah sounds like a bargain, espec if this rate is offered to those who paid for a Gty12.

We will certainly move from our Cat9 if this is offered.

Maybe you still have time to be upgraded further?

Hope you are lucky...Fingers crossed for you.

Sorry to disappoint but $750 was not the price of an upgrade to a balcony on EB cruise. I dont know who you heard this of but this isn't the price they were quoting at the port. The price quoted from their list is $1500 for a balcony! It was $750/800 for a Cat 9 from Cat 12. You pay from your cat you purchased not the Cat you get. Whether the prices will be cheaper this time I don't know but we saw the upgrade price list and this was the price!

Guys

I can say now that its almost finished. If all of you stopped having room changes it would have been done last week lol!!!

Seriously though if you are new please pass me your details to add you and any celebrations not already passed to me please PM me the details ASAP. I want this signed off by the end of the week if possible?

Also I need details from those of you who want a printed copy brought onto the boat so I know how many to do?

Thanks

Lindsay

OK guys to all of you who have signed up for the room tours we now have about 30 people joining us. As we are going to be quite packed in each room I dont know whether people will want to take photos of the different rooms or not? What I was thinking though was as long as the room owners dont mind I can take photos of all the rooms and email them out to anyone who wants copies. Also if you arent able to make the tour then I can still send you the photos if you want to see them?

Obviously you can still take your own but Im happy to send copies by email if anyone wants them?

Thanks

Lindsay

PS Room owners - Do you mind if we take photos?

:grouphug:

Guys

Can you please contact me with your room numbers so that I can finish off the navigator. If I dont hear from you Ill have to remove you from the list?

Thanks

Lindsay

Sorry to disappoint but $750 was not the price of an upgrade to a balcony on EB cruise. I dont know who you heard this of but this isn't the price they were quoting at the port. The price quoted from their list is $1500 for a balcony! It was $750/800 for a Cat 9 from Cat 12. You pay from your cat you purchased not the Cat you get. Whether the prices will be cheaper this time I don't know but we saw the upgrade price list and this was the price!

Ah OK.

I think had we been stuck in our Cat12 then $1500 would be a great price to move up to a Cat6, however, as we are already now in a Cat9, I dont think I would want to spend as much extra.

Is a verandah worth $1500 extra? I guess it is just over $100 a day.

hmmmm. Plenty to think about - but may as well wait and see what is offered.

Deb

The navigator is almost ready but with all these room changes I wanted to hold off posting it for as long as possible so what date does everyone think is the best day to sign it off? Also can everyone please contact me if they want a printed copy so I know how many to bring?

Thanks

Lindsay

:surfweb: Hola Lindsay,
can you please bring one for me,
sue

Ah OK.

I think had we been stuck in our Cat12 then $1500 would be a great price to move up to a Cat6, however, as we are already now in a Cat9, I dont think I would want to spend as much extra.

Yeah this was the dilema I had hence I didn't bother upgrading and I had a Cat 10 I think. Thats why I didn't bother in the end and stayed where I was. It weather youre gonna find fresh air important or not really.

OK guys to all of you who have signed up for the room tours we now have about 30 people joining us. As we are going to be quite packed in each room I dont know whether people will want to take photos of the different rooms or not? What I was thinking though was as long as the room owners dont mind I can take photos of all the rooms and email them out to anyone who wants copies. Also if you arent able to make the tour then I can still send you the photos if you want to see them?

Obviously you can still take your own but Im happy to send copies by email if anyone wants them?

Thanks

Lindsay

PS Room owners - Do you mind if we take photos?

:grouphug:

That would be great. Yes you can take pics and yes, I'd like copies.

Ah OK.

Yeah this was the dilema I had hence I didn't bother upgrading and I had a Cat 10 I think. Thats why I didn't bother in the end and stayed where I was. It weather youre gonna find fresh air important or not really.

Okay, I can answer this, from my perspective. YES. I would pay just about anything for a balcony, Oh wait I already did. :rotfl2:

I think it depends on what you do. DH stayins in the cabin and watches TV, naps, reads, naps, snacks, naps and then of course we have hot cocoa out there at night. So for us, it is well worth the money. Just as I am sure those in a cat 1 -3 thenk it is well worth the money.

No matter what, we will be having a great time in whatever cabin we are in.

Guys

I can say now that its almost finished. If all of you stopped having room changes it would have been done last week lol!!!

Seriously though if you are new please pass me your details to add you and any celebrations not already passed to me please PM me the details ASAP. I want this signed off by the end of the week if possible?

Also I need details from those of you who want a printed copy brought onto the boat so I know how many to do?

Thanks

Lindsay
Lindsay,

Please bring me a copy of the Navigator.

Thanks, Carol (njmickeyfan)

Where's our Canary Islands gal? Hope she is safe.

Just spent lunch reading about some really nasty wildfires going on in the Canary Islands (including Tenerife) right now.
"Some 7,500 people have been evacuated on Tenerife, where the fire which has been blazing there since Monday morning now has a perimeter extending for 71 kilometres. The President of the Tenerife Cabildo, Ricardo Melchior, said on Tuesday evening that the fire’s eastern front was now more or less under control. The most active front affects Garachico, El Tanque, Santiago del Teide and part of Icod de los Vinos. A firebreak set to the north stopped it spreading as far as the Valle de La Orotava.
15,000 hectares have so far been affected." From:
http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news/publish/article_11780.shtml

"So far, tourist resorts have remained largely unaffected. The majority of the fires in Tenerife are in the north of the island, away from the packed beaches in the south. Flights were also landing normally, despite plumes of thick smoke blanketing parts of the isles. But there was concern that some fires in Tenerife were moving south." From:
http://travel.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/travel/article2175477.ece

Something to watch for sure.

Linda

Pageant thing--smile, smile, smile, be pleasant, optomistic, and because she was is 17, we emphasized education (since it was a scholarship pageant), service (community imvolvement), and family. We tried on a lot of clothes and picked the ones that said wow. This is only our 3rd (please, last) pageant, and she's only doing this because she feels an obligation to represent our town.

We don't like the bathing suite portion and I am organizing a large group of women in the county to remove this portion through petition and newspaper coverage. It's archaic. I guess if she wins, we'll have more of a voice. If she loses, I will be behind it, but others will be the voice, so as not to hurt our cause by it looking as if it's just "sour grapes" on my part.

Some say it is to judge fitness. Hogwash. Bathing suit pretty does not mean fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter