Bringing Home the Magic - Part 2 - 8/18/07 - 9/01/07- list of cruisers on page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
oops - sorry for the dumb quetions - I found the answers just by reading a little.

I ddint quite realise how collosal this thread is or the whole forum for thay matter!

I can't wait to meet you . . . yes, I just responded to Laura (and her limo had arrived) that I will begin stalking her in just a few days!

LOL...I was IMing her at the same time....her limo came and she said I think I am gonna be sick!!! She is so excited and has had so much to deal with lately....I know she will be glad to get on the Magic and just relax!!

Have a wonderful time and I will see you soon!!!!

Pam

Hi Lindsay,

Our room number is 2633 (GTY CAT 12 -> CAT 10)

I will download the navigator. no need to bring paper copy for us. And thanks for all your great work.

I was reading through all of the posts I missed in last 10 days while I was away and I almost forgot to check if we were assigned the room :)

Oh, just to make everybody flying from the States a little bit jealous - our flight from Venice to Barcelona will be direct and will take only 1,5 hours. So, almost definitely no lost luggage or missed connections for us :cool1:

Julie,
You & the girls have a Wonderful cruise & Paris adventure!!!! Can't wait to hear all about.

See you in just a few weeks!

Julie,
You & the girls have a Wonderful cruise & Paris adventure!!!! Can't wait to hear all about.

See you in just a few weeks!

Yes, Chris -- looking forward to seeing you soon . . . thanks so much for what you have done to organize the Palo brunch and thanks in advance for heading there the first day to see about tea! (I dare not say "how to do tea" for fear someone from the other thread could be lurking!) Our flight from Paris to Barcelona gets in about 3 on Aug. 18, so we won't be at the Magic until 4 or 5 . . .

can someone please tell me ( if you have any idea) the hours for the currency exchange on the boat . any guess--will it be open on the first day in barcelona? was there a daily limit/limit per cabin as to how much you can exchange for euros? thanks

I can't remember where I saw it, so I'll have to search for it. But I remember a really low limit on the total exhange. It was per cruise not per day and for some reason I'm thinking only $300.

Julie - I'm so excited for you and Laura. Leaving today and tomorrow....WOW

Can't wait to meet everyone. :dance3:

Julie - I'm so excited for you and Laura. Leaving today and tomorrow....WOW

Can't wait to meet everyone. :dance3:

Can't wait to meet you, too, Monica -- seems like I already know so many people that I am about to "meet"! Andrew and Laura on Saturday; you, Todd, and Chris on Aug 18th . . .

Julie I was just about to crash your thread. Have you heard about this?
Barcelona has been without power in some areas since Monday. This was posted on the usatoday site this morning, so I don't know what the current status is. It does say that the airport is not affected though.

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/2007-07-24-barcelona-dark_N.htm?csp=Travel

Yes, we know about it -- Andrew is already there and staying near Placa de Catalunya and he says none of the tourist areas or the airport have been affected (thank goodness!).

This is the current list (where there is more than 1 F/E its because they have more than one room)

Denver Val
This is a surprise... Please take me off the list; we have no plans to participate in the fish extender stuff. I don't think dletz did either. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi,

We have just been allocated stateroom 2132.

There are 4 of us, 2 kids and mum and dad.

Am I right in thinking 2132 is a cat9? And now we have it, can they downgrade us again or is it time to celebrate a super upgrade?

Has anyone else been allocated yet who was on a Gty12?

Col

If it were me I would celebrate. You won a porthole!

party:

There are some sights in Cadiz (Wikipedia article on Cadiz is very good), but the only big thing is the grand cathedral not far from the port. If I remember correctly, some of our friends also recommended the beaches around Cadiz which should be popular when we will be there.
Otherwise, the real charm of Cadiz is just the atmosphere of the oldest city in Europe, narrow roads, small shops, cafes... If you are the type to enjoy wandering around European cities, Cadiz is one of the best places to do just that.

On the May repo, we spent the day walking around Cadiz-it is a beautiful city. We did enjoy the Tavira Tower with it's camara oscura. I think it was worth the 4 euro charge to see the presentation.

I need more info from the following people. Any non confirmed details will be removed from the navigator next week.

PEOPLE I NEED INFORMATION FOR

Ahoycaptainmickey - Need names and room number

Bear’s mates - need room number

BetsyAnn - need room number

Bmwdsny 2 - need room number

Dan and Scott - waiting on the last Cat 12 room number

Dee47 - no names or room

DisneyElf - no names or room

DizzneyDAnn - No room details yet

Dsnybob - need names

Eeyora - no details yet

Izza - need room details

Magicalpins - Need names in party

Kingcole - need names in party and room number

Mark & Sandra - Need room details

MickeyAddict - need names and room details

MiMusco - need room details

Mmouse1964 - need room details

Momma4V3 - need names in party

MSTEF - need room details

Pclare - need names in party

Sandygirl - need names in party

Tink&Cinderella - need room details
We are still waiting on the cabin number -- getting very anxious.
will let you know

We won 3 portholes!!! We're at the very front of the ship on the second floor--almost no neighbors--It's like having our own wing!!!

Hi! We finally got our room assignment - 1051, cat 10 (12 GTY). Do you need any more information?

Wally and Marilyn Bloss

Looking for help, I am trying to do this now that we have just booked the cruise.

We are arriving at BCN on 8/17 at 8:20 (USAir).

I haven't found a hotel to stay at that day/night.
I'm looking for advise or anyone who has something helpful...

Is there a way to get a room early (other than booking a room for 2 nights, starting on 8/16). Then again, perhaps we won't get out of the airport/customs to the hotel before 2pm. I think we are just looking for a place to recover from the long flight and adjust to the time difference.

Did anyone on the May repo stay in barcelona and liked their hotel choice?

If you are still reading and wanting to ask the question: Why don't you book something through DCL? Well,they say their contracted hotels are all full. I think I will call them again to see if that had changed.

Then, there are 4 of use, 2 adults and 2 kids. It looks like a lot of hotels have 2-person max per room, so I need to book 2 rooms. Is that common or should I keep looking until I find something to hold us in 1 room?

Of course, I'm looking for a good location. But I'm not sure how to do this. I've been looking in the area close enough to walk to some of the well known major attractions.

Finally, what's up with this power outage. Is it possible that the power will still be out in 3 weeks? Perhaps we should look for a place which is outside the affected area...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter