Bringing Home the Magic - Part 2 - 8/18/07 - 9/01/07- list of cruisers on page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick message to say thank you received our lanyards and holders intact.
I'm Very please with them.

Now I know that DD10 ship's card will be safer and she'll be recognised by other Disboard kids too.

I am glad you like them.

We are not all dressing up for Pirate night. I usually wear a white blous, black skirt and beads. DH has opted out this time. I am trying to talk him into black jeans, white tshirt and the bandana.

Today I did manage to get some packing done. I even divided things for two suit cases including the shoes. Dh is having a bit of a hissy and trying to limit me to 4 pairs of shoes.:rotfl2: Clearly he has lost his mind. I did group several items of the same color so that will help with the number of shoes.

If there are any leftover lanyards, I would be happy to buy 4 of them once on board. I think it would be too late to try to get them shipped to Canada.
also, thank-you to Fairygodmother for her tip tally! You are all so helpful.
Thanks, Krista

we were upgraded to a Cat 4 from Cat 6 - so our room/cabin # is now 8024.
Someone else got our great cabin #6566. BUT we got the pixie dust treatment and I plan on enjoying every minute of it.
Joyce:banana: :rotfl: :cheer2: :cheer2:

So you would leave the airport and go straight to the port---

We are doing the hop on hop off bus then a segway tour of Barcelona, but you may be too tired to do much that first day. The next day we are doing a tour of Montessart (sp?) on our own. There are plenty of Disney tours on both days to take if you wish. Barcelona is a pretty easy town to get around in. There is a group going to see the Magic Fountains that first night (I think they are meeting at 8:30 in the lobby of the Magic). We have second dining so may run out there a bit later :goodvibes

So you would leave the airport and go straight to the port---

We are doing the hop on hop off bus then a segway tour of Barcelona, but you may be too tired to do much that first day. The next day we are doing a tour of Montessart (sp?) on our own. There are plenty of Disney tours on both days to take if you wish. Barcelona is a pretty easy town to get around in. There is a group going to see the Magic Fountains that first night (I think they are meeting at 8:30 in the lobby of the Magic). We have second dining so may run out there a bit later :goodvibes

Awesome, whats the magic fountains? We too have second seating.

When I inquired why the agent advised me that the tax in Europe was very high. She said the tax on the shore excursions would be between 12 and 20%. I pd 16% for the med bags. Someone told me to call them back becasue the cruise was supposed to be exempt from vat, but I do not know if that is true. Can any of you that cruised the repo enlighten me on this. Thanks
My understanding is that since we will have a non-European union port, our sailing is exempt from VAT. Could any of the eastbounders confirm this?

My understanding is that since we will have a non-European union port, our sailing is exempt from VAT. Could any of the eastbounders confirm this?

I would like to know for sure becasue DCL just charged me to have something delivered to my cabin and she told me the shore excursions were taxed as well.

If there are any leftover lanyards, I would be happy to buy 4 of them once on board. I think it would be too late to try to get them shipped to Canada.
also, thank-you to Fairygodmother for her tip tally! You are all so helpful.
Thanks, Krista

You are welcome

I have one really big order that I am waiting on till the end of today to see if they are still interested. I will send you a PM.

There are some wild outfits for pirate night, and I noticed more people dress up now then they did in '04. pirate:

Two questions--

Does anyone know where the prices for the upgrades at the port were located for the EB cruise? For the life of me I cannot find them.

AND

What type of books are people bringing? Just trying to get an idea what might be available at the book exchange! Me? Romance and mystery princess: :cool2:

ONLY 21 more days till we see the Magic:woohoo:

Prices as far as I know

Cat 12 to Cat 7 $1400
Cat 12 to Cat 9 $800/700 not sure now
Cat 12 to Cat 4 $2100

Not sure on all other upgrade prices. Upgrades are based on the cat you paid for not the cat you get as well

On Eastbound it was duty free and I am assuming it will be on way back for the reason above. The shops couldn't be opened in port so may not be open first day. Also the drinks were exempt on the EB and we were told by the bar staff they were meant to be changing back after the med cruises.

I have a few books to put in there already but not overly exciting. I just grabbed a load of cheap softbacks to read and then exchange as I dont want to be carrying anything home.

Lindsay

There are some wild outfits for pirate night, and I noticed more people dress up now then they did in '04. pirate:

Two questions--

Does anyone know where the prices for the upgrades at the port were located for the EB cruise? For the life of me I cannot find them.

AND

What type of books are people bringing? Just trying to get an idea what might be available at the book exchange! Me? Romance and mystery princess: :cool2:

ONLY 21 more days till we see the Magic:woohoo:

I have a bit of a SITUATION, and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas or could help me out in some way.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on the cruise Aug 21/07. I had hired a wedding consultant company in Gibralter to arrange a Vow Renewal ceremony for us that day on the Rock of Gibralter, as we are in port. I think something may have happened to the company (bankruptcy, fraud, I don't know, just guessing). Everything was going along great as I made the arrangements with them until I sent the $...now they have disappeared!! No answers to my e-mails, phone number is now out of service. I don't care about the $, but I am very disappointed!

The cruise is a complete surprise for my husband and daughters. The " wedding" was to be a surprise as well.

I'm wondering if I can pull together some services myself to try to salvage the experience. My problem is that I'm not familiar with Gibralter at all and I'm a bit reluctant to book anything else sight unseen! I did contact the one other big wedding co. in Gibralter, but they are already busy that day. I contacted Disney Fairytale weddings and they can't do a vow renewal for us as they already have the maximum booked (2) for our cruise. I begged them but apparently its not an area where they can be flexible, or offer other options.

I'm wondering if any of you that are sailing have any experience/interest in performing wedding ceremonies/renewals? I am not looking for anything in particlar, or complicated. I just think it would be nice to have someone to say a few words of a spiritual nature, to bless our union and our beautiful daughters. I would be happy to pay for the service of course. We would also welcome all fellow cruisers to share in our ceremony. Ideally I would like it to be on the rock. I have dresses for myself and the girls. I will rent a tux for DH, and presumably we can get some flowers from the ship.

Any thoughts?
I am grateful for anyone's help or advice :scared:

I have a bit of a SITUATION, and I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas or could help me out in some way.

My husband and I will be celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary on the cruise Aug 21/07. I had hired a wedding consultant company in Gibralter to arrange a Vow Renewal ceremony for us that day on the Rock of Gibralter, as we are in port. I think something may have happened to the company (bankruptcy, fraud, I don't know, just guessing). Everything was going along great as I made the arrangements with them until I sent the $...now they have disappeared!! No answers to my e-mails, phone number is now out of service. I don't care about the $, but I am very disappointed!

The cruise is a complete surprise for my husband and daughters. The " wedding" was to be a surprise as well.

I'm wondering if I can pull together some services myself to try to salvage the experience. My problem is that I'm not familiar with Gibralter at all and I'm a bit reluctant to book anything else sight unseen! I did contact the one other big wedding co. in Gibralter, but they are already busy that day. I contacted Disney Fairytale weddings and they can't do a vow renewal for us as they already have the maximum booked (2) for our cruise. I begged them but apparently its not an area where they can be flexible, or offer other options.

I'm wondering if any of you that are sailing have any experience/interest in performing wedding ceremonies/renewals? I am not looking for anything in particlar, or complicated. I just think it would be nice to have someone to say a few words of a spiritual nature, to bless our union and our beautiful daughters. I would be happy to pay for the service of course. We would also welcome all fellow cruisers to share in our ceremony. Ideally I would like it to be on the rock. I have dresses for myself and the girls. I will rent a tux for DH, and presumably we can get some flowers from the ship.

Any thoughts?
I am grateful for anyone's help or advice :scared:

:surfweb: :surfweb: have sent a pm,
sue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter