Bringing food in?????

Krisj

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering.... In one book I read it said that you could pack snacks and food to bring into the park to save money.
Then I read everywhere it says food is not allowed.
We are planning on eating breakfast in our room and doing one restaurant meal. For the other we may/maynot eat in our room. Even if we ate that meal out, with 5 kids ages 9 and under, I know they will get hungry inbetween meals. Can we put snacks in the diaper bag and fanny packs? or will we get caught and get in trouble? Do you have to buy only the snacks at the park?
I would like to know so I can better plan our trip.
Thanks.

they do not search your bags nor have i ever had a CM or seen a CM actually say something to someone. I wouldn't be overly obvious taking the stuff out but I would definitely put snacks in the diaper bag/fanny pack if I were you:)

As long as you are reasonably discreet when you enter the parks (don't bring a picnic basket!) you will be fine. They don't monitor what you eat once you are in the parks. We always bring sandwiches, cola's, etc in an insulated bag inside our backpack.

We have also brought snacks in the park and no one every says anything. I agree, as long as you don't advertise what you are doing, you should not have a problem. There are no "picnic' areas in the park.

people bringing snacks into the parks. That being said, we have a 3 year old and a 15 month old and we carry "snacks" for them in the diaper bag, stroller, etc. no matter where we go, especially, WDW. Just use common sense. We have even been know to stick a couple of canned drinks in the little cooler that we bring in with their milk and juices. But we are pretty much hoodlums:D so don't mind us.

We plan on taking snacks in. Each of my 2 DS will have his own fanny pack to pack each morning with their goodies and autograph books.

We bought each of my kids a little insulated lunch bag they will use for their lunches and snacks. cost us 1.99 each. They will keep these in their backpacks. I also got insulated bottles with a carrying strap to use for their drinks. Those cost me .99 cents. They are really nice too a bottle inside an insulated bag.

I've read the same as you so I was never certain about policy.

BUT, I bring lunches everywhere! In April we sat at an outside table at Plaza Pavillon, glazed at the castle and enjoyed granola bars and fruit snacks while I feed our baby.

It's great that you have a baby too, it's a great excuse in case someone does say something.

I wouldn't take up a table at any restaurant to eat my "brought in" food, but I did have to feed the babe and we were getting hungry, we didn't have lunch. It was about 2:30 pm, so the restautant was empty.

I like bringing lunches for several reasons:

(1) less time to just open up your lunch and eat it instead of spending time in long lines or at a sit-down.

(2) you can pack healthy lunches instead of hot dogs and crappy food.

(3) save money so you can spend it on a character meal.
dd, dh and I would sometimes eat lunch at a counter service at MK for $20.00. We did that twice. If we didn't do it, we could have had $40.00 for a nice sit down character meal!

I have seen CM's at DL stop people trying to bring in big coolers, but that was pretty obvious, let me tell you!

We ALWAYS bring snacks and beverages. Having two strollers certainly helps. We have one backpack that goes with us on all the rides, and it has water bottles and snacks in it for waiting in line. The other backpack stays in the stroller, and just has "back-up" snacks and the extra outfits.

My big suggestion relates to drinks. I like soda. Our 3 kids do not like soda. I bring Capri Suns for them to have at mealtimes (other times they drink water), so when I order their kids' meals, I get sodas with it, and that's what we drink. The other thing is I carry one or two cans, and just ask for a cup of ice at mealtime. I can't bring myself to spend $3 for a soda!

Patti

I always bring snacks into the parks: granola bars, rice cakes, teddy grahams, cookies, juice boxes, a sippy cup and a water bottle. A full blown picnic lunch in the parks is a no-no. IIRC, there are picnic areas outside of each one of the parks where you can enjoy your sandwiches.

What about a water bottle on a strap? I have a nifty insulated water bottle on a strap I planned on carrying in, will I be stopped? It will be out in the open as I won't have a backpack, just a small fanny pack (with cookies in it!).

TIG:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter