Bringing Drinks On Board

The room steward is happy to bring you as many wine glasses as you wish, and each day he will remove the dirty ones and you can request new ones. We brought our own bottle opener/corkscrew in our checked bags, but we didn't need to, as he offered us one.

Twice my room hosts (different cruises) said he could not bring my wine glasses....I would have to get them at one of the bars or from room service. So it depends on your room host.

MJ

Twice my room hosts (different cruises) said he could not bring my wine glasses....I would have to get them at one of the bars or from room service. So it depends on your room host.

MJ
I don't think they can get them for you, they call to room services to have them brought up. This was my experience last week on the Fantasy.

I just booked our first cruise - questions regarding this...

We cant buy Tequila in Cozumel or Rum in Jamaica and bring it on board to bring home with us?? I really hope this isn't the case! :(

We cant buy Tequila in Cozumel or Rum in Jamaica and bring it on board to bring home with us?? I really hope this isn't the case! :(

You can buy it. It will be "confiscated" when you re-board at that port and you can pick it up before leaving the ship on the last morning.

Enjoy your cruise!

Not a problem at all. We did this. It is sorted by passenger/cabin at the end of the cruise.

What you do need to keep in mind is that the table with these items is not well marked (it was to the right of the exit point on our cruise) and you MUST pick up your items before you get off the ship to claim your luggage. Some people thought it would be off the ship with the luggage or near customs. That is not the case, and you can't really get back on either. So make sure you get your items before you get off the ship.

Questions about the alcohol you can bring on board:
1) Are there wine glasses and/or bottle openers in your room to drink the wine?
2) Is there a fridge in your room to keep the beer or white wine chilled?

We have been on four cruises, on our first cruise the room host told us we would need to order our wine glasses and ice from room service (he was rather snippy about it, the only time we have had an unpleasant room host). So we ordered our glasses and ice from room service. And each day the room host would remove our used glasses and we would need to reorder/re-tip room service...Next cruise on day one we order the cheese platter and four wine glasses, (never ordered ice but our host kept the bucket filled). We stuck two of the wine glasses in the cabinet for later so we could delay reordering from room service. Lo and behold, cruises two, three and four the room hosts always replaced our used glasses with clean glasses and kept the ice bucket filled. I think on our first cruise we just got a dud for a room host. Too bad we tipped him well.... We did not know he was sub-par.

We always have a wine opener in our travel bag thus have never had to ask for one. I assume they are available.

The fridge is supposed to just be a "cooler" but we have found it cold enough, at least on the Wonder, to keep our drinks cold.

We have been on four cruises, on our first cruise the room host told us we would need to order our wine glasses and ice from room service (he was rather snippy about it, the only time we have had an unpleasant room host). So we ordered our glasses and ice from room service. And each day the room host would remove our used glasses and we would need to reorder/re-tip room service...Next cruise on day one we order the cheese platter and four wine glasses, (never ordered ice but our host kept the bucket filled). We stuck two of the wine glasses in the cabinet for later so we could delay reordering from room service. Lo and behold, cruises two, three and four the room hosts always replaced our used glasses with clean glasses and kept the ice bucket filled. I think on our first cruise we just got a dud for a room host. Too bad we tipped him well.... We did not know he was sub-par.

We always have a wine opener in our travel bag thus have never had to ask for one. I assume they are available.

The fridge is supposed to just be a "cooler" but we have found it cold enough, at least on the Wonder, to keep our drinks cold.
All the "coolers" on the classic ships have been replaced with actual fridges.

I asked for one the first time I saw my steward and used it on the first night while getting ready for dinner. After that I usually take one with me back to my room at the end of the evening and use that one the next day then change it out again at dinner.

FYI. The line to get your checked alcohol on disembarkation was really long last week on the Fantasy.

Side note: If you like the funkiness of Jamaican rum (they use a process that no other rum producers do), the Jamaican Captain Morgan is pretty darned good. It's not spiced like American Captain and has that dunder style that's only usually found in traditional Jamaican rum. I can't wait to get back in November and add more to my bar. I'm almost out of the bottle I bought in December.

On topic: They'll take it from you. Usually. I've heard of bottles being allowed through but it's rare.

All the "coolers" on the classic ships have been replaced with actual fridges.
That was my understanding also but the server we had in Palo (last week, May 2017) said differently. Perhaps she was mistaken. Regardless, cooler or fridge, we have never had an issue with the appliance keeping our items cold, even before the classic ship dry docks. :)

That was my understanding also but the server we had in Palo (last week, May 2017) said differently. Perhaps she was mistaken. Regardless, cooler or fridge, we have never had an issue with the appliance keeping our items cold, even before the classic ship dry docks. :)
With the old coolers, we ran the gamut of having ice crystals in our soda stored in there, to needing to put the ice bucket in there (like a typical camping cooler) to keep thing cool (but not cold).

Since the fridges were added - they've all been good, cold environments for whatever we put in there.

We left a note for our host one day a few weeks ago. He went to call room service from our phone and noticed our phone was not working, so had to put in a work order for that too. So it does appear that ultimately the room service folks will be the ones to provide the wine glasses to you, even though you ask your room host to get it for you.

2) Is there a fridge in your room to keep the beer or white wine chilled?

1)I would bring a bottle opener. You can go to a lounge and ask for a glass that and keep it with you during the trip. What I do is purchase my first and then keep the glass. I then pour my own from my supply and walk around the ship or bring to dinner. Nobody says or would dare say anything.
2) Yes, there is a fridge. Although the room stewarts are known to grab the empty classes. So you may have to go and buy a glass of wine or ask a lounge for one again.
3) Another option is to buy the refillable beer mug. Get it on the ship so you get frosted and filled. You can ask your room stewards for a small cooler and fill with ice. Keep your beer in it for the pool areas. We are not huge drinkers so a six pack of beer and two bottles of wine is plenty for us. (Plus a small bottle of vodka). Shhhhhhh.

1)I would bring a bottle opener. You can go to a lounge and ask for a glass that and keep it with you during the trip. What I do is purchase my first and then keep the glass. I then pour my own from my supply and walk around the ship or bring to dinner. Nobody says or would dare say anything.
2) Yes, there is a fridge. Although the room stewarts are known to grab the empty classes. So you may have to go and buy a glass of wine or ask a lounge for one again.
3) Another option is to buy the refillable beer mug. Get it on the ship so you get frosted and filled. You can ask your room stewards for a small cooler and fill with ice. Keep your beer in it for the pool areas. We are not huge drinkers so a six pack of beer and two bottles of wine is plenty for us. (Plus a small bottle of vodka). Shhhhhhh.

Room service is happy to deliver both wine glasses and a cork screw. I have always had stateroom hosts that have taken the used glasses and replaced them with clean.

Does anyone know if the Peach-a-Rita type margarita flavored malt beverages are considered beers by DCL?
Malt beverages seem to be alright based on the experiences on the boards. Remember it is 6 cans per person, even though they come in 8 ounce cans you can't bring 9 of them and claim that it is still only 72 ounces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter