bringing an infant

jmpap

Earning My Ears
Hi! This is my first time writing but I have enjoyed reading comments over the last week. I will be traveling to WDW in May with my husband and 3 girls (6, 4 and 6 mos). Just wondering if there will be any rides, attractions or shows that I will be able to bring my baby on (Small world, Winnie the Pooh, etc.). We will be sticking to the MK and MGM and be taking a day to go to SeaWorld. Any suggestions for making this trip enjoyable for the baby. Thanks!!

They'll actually be quite a few things that you can take your baby on. As you mentioned, go on Small World, Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan should be okay, Jungle Cruise, and our (at the time) baby's favorite, the People Mover (that's the old name, the new name is escaping me at the moment, something like Tomorrowland Transit). Don't forget the shows like Country Bear Jamboree. We also have all girls, have you considered the Cinderella breakfast at the castle? My girls were on cloud nine meeting all the princesses. But you do need reservations way in advance for this. Check out the restaurant board for more info. Have fun!:)

Thanks for the info. I am planning on going to Cinderella's castle for breakfast while we are there for my almost-6 year old's birthday. I hope my girls love it as much as yours. Thanks!!

What time of year are you going? If it's going to be warm, remember to keep the baby cool. Bring a zip lock bag with a cold washcloth (put some ice in the bag) and she can chew on that, and you can wash her face and freshen her up a bit.

All of the parks have baby stations where you can cool off and nurse or feed her.

She can probably ride most of the rides that your other girls can-- Dumbo is always a big hit. :)

She can probably go on Buzz Lightyear also. It's alot like Pooh. She'll probably like the colors. There is also the carosel and Snow White(but it is kinda scary). Have fun!

Lori

We're going in May. Thanks for the cold rag tip. That's a great idea. Speaking of water, are there places in MK and MGM to refill water bottles that we carry? I hate the idea of buying water, pop and juice the whole time we are there. Also, are small coolers allowed in the park? Sorry so many questions but this is our first time with the kids. Thanks again.

6 months will be a great age for the baby, we took our daughter when she was 8 months and enjoyed many attractions. We have always taken a small cooler and filled with juice boxes for the girls and never had any difficulty. There are many places to refill water bottles as well. Some posters have complained about taste of water and have recommended a Brita bottle that filters it. Really does help to provide your beverages as young kids can be quite thirsty and the buying drinks eats up your budget. I took my 6 year-old in December when it was unusually hot and spent a lot of money! She kept asking where the juice boxes were as she did not comprehend that because her sister was home we did not have the luxury of a stroller for carrying our supplies in.

Also, recommend that if you have the time you also visit the other parks. My girls adore AK and could spend hours playing and exploring there. Epcot is also very baby friendly as fewer ride type of attractions with a number that you can enjoy as a family.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter