bringing a tripod to MK?

My wife used to bring a monopod instead of a tripod. Unless you are taking long videos, the monopod worked well and was smaller and lighter.

Just take it, stick it in your backpack, and let it stick out. Worst case, if security stops you, rent a locker and stick it in there. That’s actually what I’ve done with mine anyway until I was ready to use it. Don’t fret about taking up the footprint of a tripod. People will have giant strollers everywhere and take the kids out of them to hold or put on their $&&@“$#% shoulders right before it starts. You’ll be fine!!

ETA: And I’d be more than happy to just purchase a DVD of the fireworks instead if Disney would just take my money!! No clue why they don’t capitalize on that.
There are some really terrific ones available for free on YouTube

Here is the word from Disney. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/

• Selfie sticks, hand-held extension poles for cameras or mobile devices, flags and banners are not allowed in any theme park and water park.
• Tripods or monopod stands that cannot fit inside a standard backpack or that extend over 6’ (182 cm) are not allowed in theme parks, water parks, Disney Springs or ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex.

JPeople will have giant strollers everywhere and take the kids out of them to hold or put on their $&&@“$#% shoulders right before it starts.
I'd rather a tripod than the kid on the shoulder thing. Is it that people who do that not realize that the kid is probably blocking someone's view?
And I’d be more than happy to just purchase a DVD of the fireworks instead if Disney would just take my money!
There are some really terrific ones available for free on YouTube
That's true for all the WDW night time shows. I did audience control at all the parks and there they are, every night, someone recording yet another version of the show, with or without a tripod.

Just take it, stick it in your backpack, and let it stick out. Worst case, if security stops you, rent a locker and stick it in there. That’s actually what I’ve done with mine anyway until I was ready to use it. Don’t fret about taking up the footprint of a tripod. People will have giant strollers everywhere and take the kids out of them to hold or put on their $&&@“$#% shoulders right before it starts. You’ll be fine!!

ETA: And I’d be more than happy to just purchase a DVD of the fireworks instead if Disney would just take my money!! No clue why they don’t capitalize on that.

I'm not worried about taking up space, it's legs can be put closer together and still stand up.

Not true. Just try to fit as much into your backpack ad you can.[/QUOTE

it wont fit in my backpack, that's why I'm worried.

I might need to make a new thread for this, but does anybody know if building 2 at CSR has elevators? they just told us our room number and we haven't even left yet. we are on the 3rd floor and my mother can't climb up stairs due to her knee

I might need to make a new thread for this, but does anybody know if building 2 at CSR has elevators? they just told us our room number and we haven't even left yet. we are on the 3rd floor and my mother can't climb up stairs due to her knee
I would post this over in the Disney Resorts section

All WDW resorts have elevators.

(BTW, CSR was built the better part of a decade after the ADA was adopted.)
They are very limited at OKW. Only three buildings have them and they were built long after the resort opened. Most do not.

I was there last year for 10 days and brought my monopod along everyday attached to the designated section on the outside of my camera backpack. I was stopped twice by security, both times at DHS, telling me it wasn't allowed. I informed them that it was specifically listed as allowed on the website (after the first time I had the page on the website ready on my phone). Both times a manager was called over and they asked to see the camera I was using. After showing them the large DSLR camera in my bag both managers were very friendly and allowed me to enter the park without issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter